• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Fuchsdh

Newman, this isn't the community where that'll fly without ribbing :p

Not sure if this was posted but 343 are taking feedback on all Arena maps and will be updating them at some point. Interesting thread: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...ck/4b1c5c3f-3ea4-4fe2-b35f-c3eaa77f75fa/posts

That's good to hear. Aside from maybe reducing the numbers of automatics/boosting their respawn timers I can't say I have too many issues with the arena maps.

Oooh that RvB Grifball map is in? Awesome, it looked great from the movies I've seen.

Akai__

Got a list of the btb maps?

Don't see a list, but here are some screens from the Halo Twitter (Sandtrap included):

CeaNE1eUYAAbhRB.jpg
CeaNDseUEAA0EFD.jpg

CeaNEuWUkAASE7o.jpg
CeaNFHaUsAA_gF2.jpg

Akai__

Stop giving me Slayer on Torque. I hate it.

And again... Back to fucking back.

Sorry about that Akai, my Internet cut out.

I was having a shit game anyway.

You had the luck to play against a team of 4. Sorry about that, because I hate playing against forum people as it's unfair against people who match alone.

I also wanted to teabag you. :(

Should i share my groundpound clip i did on forerunner when we matched up against eachother in Slayer?

:p

His team won, but still. the ground pound is what made it a win in my eyes.

jem0208

You had the luck to play against a team of 4. Sorry about that, because I hate playing against forum people as it's unfair against people who match alone.

I also wanted to teabag you. :(

I thought it might have been a team of 4, you guys had full control very quickly.

But yeah, I'm at home for easter and my internet is a bit crappy :/

most likely they or you play at the same level. If you really want to know their placement, you could look at their game history and if they have been paird with the same people. That is just one method to figure out why you were placed with 3 diamonds.

I know i've played against a gold/low plat as im a diamond 1. I've seen fresh accounts that were plat 4 playing with onyxs/diamonds and the plat 4 be on top. we got owned so hard.

MM isn't perfect and will never be. could be a lot of things making it seem all out of whack. Population in that playlist, server population and whatever else i'm missing.

So what im trying to say is, placements mean nothing and dont stress on them too hard because there are people who play at onyx level that are platinum.
I'm stressing cause these people outplay and demolish me. Lol

Glass

Finally! Can't wait to try these out, anyone know which Sandtrap it is? Wyvern Zu original one that blew up was a 1 to 1 recreation, and then she started working on a different one with H5's abilities in mind.

EYEL1NER

I was a couple second away from winning a BTB match when I got dumped to the Arena menu and am unable to join anything, REQs aren't working, people I was just playing with don't seem to be in any matches or anything. XBL seems to be up at least but I'm not sure where to check H5's status on Waypoint.

EDIT: Restarted Xbone and everything's working. Sucks that the match ended or I dropped out, whatever happened.
EDIT2: Looks like I dropped out. Team won the Stronghold match on Entombed but I can't say I care too much if I didn't benefit from it.

I guess RNG just hates me. I played ten BTB games and only got the new maps four times. Three times on Sandtrap and once on Valhalla. Wish I could play some more but have to go do this schoolwork.

I will say it's nice to play BTB on good maps again.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Idea: If your life lasted less than a cooldown time, no cooldown time to start your next one.

Better idea: Don't spawn people in open view of 3 enemies with zero cover to duck behind.

Cranster

Banned
Idea: If your life lasted less than a cooldown time, no cooldown time to start your next one.

Better idea: Don't spawn people in open view of 3 enemies with zero cover to duck behind.
Yup, this should be common sense for game developers these days. Spawn killing is imo the biggest problem with Halo 5.

Warzone is being looked at by 343. For those who are upset about their spawns in WZ atm.

We’d also like to thank you for all the passion and threads around Warzone and concerns around optimizing the experience for everyone. We’ve seen several threads around the perception of kill farming, and its frequency and motives have been front of mind for us for a while now, and we want you to know that we’re looking into a variety of options and considering appropriate adjustments to game systems and rewards. The first step in solving a problem is understanding how prevalent the issue is, and to do this we start with a series of community questions or observations, and them jump into the data. We first asked “To what degree is the Achilles Spartan Company incentive resulting in players excessively faming kills?” and secondly “Is this a common enough occurrence to have a major impact on the Warzone ecosystem?”

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...lo-community-update-the-calm-before-the-storm

Just cant wait for the next update Tonight. I need to know moaarrrrrrrrr

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Yup, this should be common sense for game developers these days. Spawn killing is imo the biggest problem with Halo 5.
Dying before the warp-in animation even finishes is completely unacceptable 20 years into the genre, let alone for it to happen 10 times in a row. There are ways to prevent this. People have done it. I'll stop complaining about it because I don't want to get annoying, but it really is shocking to me that the game is designed this way.

link1201

Dying before the warp-in animation even finishes is completely unacceptable 20 years into the genre, let alone for it to happen 10 times in a row. There are ways to prevent this. People have done it. I'll stop complaining about it because I don't want to get annoying, but it really is shocking to me that the game is designed this way.
I've been messing around in ffa and I have noticed it seems people spawn in and just stand there before they can move. I at first thought they were afk but then they start moving, it's weird I've killed several people this way.

The Pit remake, High Citadel and Simplex would all be welcome in matchmaking. I thought High Citadel might be broken with sprint, but we played FFA on the map and it worked well under the most hectic game type.

Top Bottom