• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

belushy

Banned
So gaf, what do you think of this reddit-designed weapon?
5Cddrc3.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/4bx9y4/ts_a_pretty_bad_model_but_here_is_a_req_idea_i/

BraXzy

There are some new Grifball maps too right? I noticed in the tweet from Halo from the RvB court was pictured in one of the screens they posted.

Restarted halo at last 5 times. Restarted the console at least 3 times. Restarted my modem and router once. Still not syncing. I just wanted to earn enough req points to open another silver pack... literally that's all I wanted to do. Now it's time to get ready for work. Sigh..

Akai__

Wyvern did a great job on that Sandtrap map and used the tools, which were available, perfectly. But seriously, Sandtrap without Elephants and the Brute Chopper is kinda lame.

belushy

Banned
Only played Scavenger so far. Need to see it in forge for a bit to learn the layout but I liked it!

edit: Just played Viking, the Valhalla remake. Played alright. We were suffocating the enemy team in their base all game, though.

Akai__

The one Halo tweet suggests that 343i got rid of hidden ranks in Social playlists completely. Or am I reading it wrong?

Halo said:
In order to improve the experience in all social playlists, we have loosened the matchmaking skill parameters.

---

YES

lets get some forge arena love too though

Rumour is that 343i will use the entries in the ForgeHub 2vs2 competition and create a Team Doubles playlist next based on that.

I'm sure we will see 4vs4 maps in a Social Playlist at some point. Maybe even in a ranked playlist, who knows.

EYEL1NER

I'm not sure why I can't mute people but it's the same problem I had yesterday. Last match started with a kid in the lobby either narrating and explaining what Warzone was to his stream followers or he was explaining the game to someone else with the controller maybe playing locally? Either way, I was mashing the mute button in the lobby, during loading, and in-game. Nothing though, had to suffer him.

I'm not sure why I can't mute people but it's the same problem I had yesterday. Last match started with a kid in the lobby either narrating and explaining what Warzone was to his stream followers or he was explaining the game to someone else with the controller maybe playing locally? Either way, I was mashing the mute button in the lobby, during loading, and in-game. Nothing though, had to suffer him.
Start.
A.
Party.

EYEL1NER

Yes, you are...
Cool, I'll give it a shot.

Also, if I can figure out how to find and link a video, I will. Between that last post and this post, I started a match of Grifball. It was on one of the custom maps called Frontier. The spot where the Spartans launch into the arena has a part of the structure that closes down in front of the launchpads, I'm assuming after they are used. Well, the opening animation starts, the thing closes down, and all four of us are still up there and not in the arena. The enemy team must have loved it because they were well on their way to the second goal by the time one teammate was able to kill three of us. He was unfortunately stuck up there by himself in the geometry while we lost because he couldn't kill himself.

Why the fuck is a Forge map like that in rotation???
EDIT: I'm watching the replay now. It happened to both teams actually, except one enemy team member did eject into the arena and was able to score while the 7 other people in the game were stuck outside the map. That shit's gots to go.

Am I able to start a party with just myself? Never really used the function on 360 or Xbone.

Yes you can! Personally, I just went into the settings and changed communication to friends/party only. So now I just never have to worry about it. I do miss callouts from randoms, but they rarely did it to begin with, so it's really not a huge deal. Plus I have good in-game sense and I generally know what the fuck is going on anyways or I can make an educated guess.

Playing Viking, the Valhalla remake, really makes me wish BTB was pistol starts.

Valhalla is not a good map, it's always been plagued with cross mapping. Sidewinder works better in modern Halo\. With the U shape you have to have some sort of map control, whether that be top mid or teleporter ridge. Valhalla and other linear box canyons all suffer from cross map shooting that doesn't require a power position, though Valhalla did improve on Blood Gulch with the hill. At any rate #BringBackASidewinder

To be fair Viking is a quality remake, it just so happens to be a remake of a flawed map.

Glass

Nokyard's new Deadlock looks great.

Valhalla is not a good map, it's always been plagued with cross mapping. Sidewinder works better in modern Halo\. With the U shape you have to have some sort of map control, whether that be top mid or teleporter ridge. Valhalla and other linear box canyons all suffer from cross map shooting that doesn't require a power position, though Valhalla did improve on Blood Gulch with the hill. At any rate #BringBackASidewinder

To be fair Viking is a quality remake, it just so happens to be a remake of a flawed map.

Yeah I've probably forgotten the amount of cross mapping there was before. Certainly felt it just now!

Top Bottom