• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Nokyard's new Deadlock looks great.

Yeah I've probably forgotten the amount of cross mapping there was before. Certainly felt it just now!

That's probably because the Halo 3 BR was poop! So you never really noticed it as much. It came really apparent to me in Halo 4 with Ragnarok and even more so with this version. It's still fun to play though.

Fuchsdh

That's probably because the Halo 3 BR was poop! So you never really noticed it as much. It came really apparent to me in Halo 4 with Ragnarok and even more so with this version. It's still fun to play though.

Yep. Valhalla only really worked because the BR wasn't hitscan at cross-map ranges. Halo 4 aggravated the problem with load out DMRs.

singhr1

It still saddens me that I never had a great experience on the CE BTB maps in MCC (outside of Blood Gulch) like I did on PC back in the day. Whether it was the terrible spawns, player quitting, lag, etc. Maybe I'm just too used to the newer Halo physics/mechanics and the CE maps all felt too big and slow as if they needed to be 12 v. 12 or something

Vico

Can't wait to try the community maps! It was needed for sure.

Where/when are you using them? It's just hard to justify the one grenade versus the other benefits for me.

I'm in the same boat. The splinter grenade as an area denial and antivehicle tool is really hard to give up. The other mods don't seem to help as much. On paper they sound great but in application not so much.

Yeah, I think at least 1/3 of the vehicles I destroyed in Warzone were thanks to the splinter grenade armor mod, and that's a lot. Boarding tanks and wraiths is just so easier with it. Funny thing is, I got lucky and unlocked that armor mod right when the game launched, and yeah I've never even thought of using another one since then. Allowed me to finish the splinter grenade commendation in a month or so. Will definitely try the upgraded thrusters, though.

Strider

21-7-9 in Social Slayer and lost

According to gaf that is just like ranked

Ryde3

Yes those were some of my favorites in Halo 2.

Neutral Assault is too much of a tug a war, I don't really enjoy it. 1 flag/bomb was so strategic, I also miss the rounds - although I always thought it was weird that games could end 2-2.

ALSO, why did they have to call Warzone Assault, Assault - now I get confused when talking about the two.

Looks pretty fucking stupid. I would see no reason to use it over a Fuel Rod.

This is why the Reddit weapon skin is actually a GAF skin, 343 knows where to go for truly good ideas.

It looks like a Dewalt drill.

That gun should not exist in Halo 5.

Throw into the trash.

TRASH
TRASH
TRASH
TRASH
TRASH*

CLG REFERENCE

Power weapons shouldn't be small. Tiny power weapons were dumb in H4 with the Sticky Det, and it's dumb with this thing too.

Yes to all.

I made this new version, just to prove I could do better (visually):

fuel_rod_pistol_by_prinzeugn-d9wl8r8.png

Getting a bit rusty though, I don't draw enough anymore.

singhr1

2 MAPS!

Yes! I was right about Hannibal being the new UNSC vehicle skin.

Dam those Griffball courts look badass. Nice job forgers.

The Tartarus Hammer is definitely gonna mix that Void's tear black hole effect + overshield isn't it?

Dynast looks like a cool evolution of Athlon.

belushy

Banned
Sweet there is a tank variant as well

TARTARUS GRAVITY HAMMER. Hopefully it has some neat abilities.

Dynast armor is cool

Guessing the unrevealed map will be the Rig remix.

edit: 2 suppressor variants and two gravity hammer variants I think (the un-revealed ones at the top)

Akai__

UI update inbound? Or will it just be some tiny things nobody cares about:

Ghosts of Meridian will bring with it not only new maps, vehicles, weapons, weapon skins, armors, helmets, emblems, and more, but also game updates such as Forge improvements, multiplayer adjustments for both Warzone and Arena, sandbox and weapon updates (such as Spartan Laser tuning), UI updates, and more. Teams across the studio are wrapping up the release, and we’ll keep you updated as work completes and we get ready to send this sucker out the door.

Akai__

The Mantis sounds so OP:

Advanced Mantis with heavy armor, rapid-fire gauss cannon, and experimental ion field missile warheads.

we added an EMP overcharge to the normal Mantis stomp attack. This is very useful for disabling nearby vehicles and expands on the tactics that can be employed with this Mantis.

Rapid Fire Gauss Canon? EMP Stomp? Sign me up
at REQ Level 9

---

The Scorpion also shoots Lazors? 2nd Gunner has a Railgun Turret?

Advanced Scorpion with heavy armor and fast-discharge laser currently undergoing trials within UNSC Infinity War Games

thanks to a massive Spartan Laser type beam weapon mounted to the Scorpion cannon and a heavy-hitting gauss repeater turret, this might be the most lethal vehicle in the Warzone lineup.
That's gonna be interesting.

blamite

Ew, a common.

Gonna refocus my efforts to finish Silvers so I can open a few golds before the new DLC.

The second map has to just be the Assault variant of the main Warzone map, right?

Either way, stoked for the next update and very pleased with the matchmaking map update today.

The Rig is set on Meridian, and we know there's a remix of that coming, I'm hopeful for that... and for it to be good and symmetrical...

The second map has to just be the Assault variant of the main Warzone map, right?

Either way, stoked for the next update and very pleased with the matchmaking map update today.

Sai

Kinda surprised they didn't just throw the Fist of Rukt in there. Thought it'd be something of an answer to the Prophet's Bane. I like that Gravity Hammer's design though.

The Hannibal vehicles sound ridiculous. :eek:

Yay more emblems! /s

So disappointing when you unlock an emblem instead of something more substantial such as armor or a weapon skin or a weapon/vehicle cert or just about anything in the game.

EDIT:
I actually really like that Dynast helmet.
Agreed. It's the first helmet that I've seen in a while that actually looks interesting, and not interesting simply from a "that's ugly" perspective.

Fuchsdh

They haven't paired Assault variants with the initial maps, so probably not. Arena needs a new map more than Warzone does.

EDIT: WELP started a game of Grifball and the scripting immediately went wonky, trapping us in our launch zone while the other team got out fine. Betrayed everyone else and they respawned normally but I was still stuck with no recourse so I quit. Played another match, won, but then got booted and banned for the previous quit. Le sigh.

They haven't paired Assault variants with the initial maps, so probably not. Arena needs a new map more than Warzone does.

EDIT: WELP started a game of Grifball and the scripting immediately went wonky, trapping us in our launch zone while the other team got out fine. Betrayed everyone else and they respawned normally but I was still stuck with no recourse so I quit. Played another match, won, but then got booted and banned for the previous quit. Le sigh.
There is a dirty trick to get out of a game without the risk of being banned though.

Just disconnect your console and connect back. Just don't abuse it, repeated disconnecting still nets you a ban.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
SMH randoms.

Warden was up FTW. I had a super-warthog from a random vehicle card. I roll up to like 7 teammates in the knoll moving across to warden and am honking but no one is getting in. 5 of them are killed during their walking-approach (which isn't even in view of warden yet) but I easily live while the enemy takes warden which brings them very close to winning and then they do soon after.

Accept help when it comes.

That said, I got the radar and stealth gun thing going and did get some assassinations out of it. Pretty neat, but you have to be careful that your own teammates don't come up behind you to make the enemy turn around.

Top Bottom