• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

There is a dirty trick to get out of a game without the risk of being banned though.

Just disconnect your console and connect back. Just don't abuse it, repeated disconnecting still nets you a ban.

tumblr_madnre5T6H1rdp19zo1_500.png

Montresor

This game has no plans for new achievements right? I loved the game and got the original 1000/1000 gamerscore but I'm not into Halo multiplayer.

So if there are no plans for further achievements I think I will finally uninstall. I need to free up 120 gigabytes for Quantum Break (45 gig game and 75 gigs of tv cutscenes).

This game has no plans for new achievements right? I loved the game and got the original 1000/1000 gamerscore but I'm not into Halo multiplayer.

So if there are no plans for further achievements I think I will finally uninstall. I need to free up 120 gigabytes for Quantum Break (45 gig game and 75 gigs of tv cutscenes).
If I were a betting man, I'd guess Firefight will bring new achievements.

No one likes multiplayer achievers that make you play the game differently, probably why they've been avoided thus far.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Losing a huge lead to lose the match isn't pleasant but getting two commendations because you were a BAMF takes the edge off.
Edit: Also comforting to see your team had 4 disconnects with 0/0/0/0 stats.

Lesson learned today: It is super embarrassing when you miss an off-angle assassination because they moved forward and so you end up doing a spartan charge past them at an angle and they shoot you in the back.

Also, how do people have multi-rocket launchers at REQ level 3? It has happened the last 3 games and makes no sense to me. We're in the early game, some of the very first engagements for the center construct, and suddenly all these rockets are flying at you like they stole a mantis arm.

Losing a huge lead to lose the match isn't pleasant but getting two commendations because you were a BAMF takes the edge off.
Edit: Also comforting to see your team had 4 disconnects with 0/0/0/0 stats.

Lesson learned today: It is super embarrassing when you miss an off-angle assassination because they moved forward and so you end up doing a spartan charge past them at an angle and they shoot you in the back.

Also, how do people have multi-rocket launchers at REQ level 3? It has happened the last 3 games and makes no sense to me. We're in the early game, some of the very first engagements for the center construct, and suddenly all these rockets are flying at you like they stole a mantis arm.

Rocket pod turrets, probably.

jfoul

Social Slayer is balls compared to Social Fiesta. It's just a bunch of groups donging on solo players right now.

Glad to hear about the grifball and btb maps being added but this update coming out isn't really doing anything for me. Since they usually tease game types a little in advanced I don't know if any will come out this update and a warzone map is cool but not too big of a warzone person. If the other map is a arena map then that would be fine but not what matter the most to me.

Honestly though that mark 5 alpha armor doesn't look that bad but that's only because nothing in halo 5 can look worse than the seeker armor, that thing is horrendous. At least they are smart enough to call it alpha (which might mean they are working to give the fans what they want).

Can't wait to get some more games in, haven't been pulling my weight in the company lately. Real life's been getting in the way, and for the last week or so the games I've been playing have been purely for review purposes.

Wish Firefight would come out already though.

http://cdn.calculusvictoria.ca/wp/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/24163004/charles_2.jpg[/mg][/QUOTE]

Did you just avatar quote yourself?

EDIT: Lol, apparrently I missed something a few pages back.

Vico

I have to echo the sentiment that this feels like a really small update. Hiding the suppressors is silly. Also, I really hope they plan on having true new vehicles, because while variants are cool (and yeah the Hannibal scorpion sounds awesomely op), this is not what I had in mind when they announced their plans (compared to vehicles, we did get a handful of true new weapons)

Trup1aya

I must say, I'm really enjoying BTB. These new maps are excellenct. I just took part in 100-97 win where my team came back from a 20pt deficit.

I also FINALLY got a cert for The Answer!

Trup1aya

I enjoy it, besides ctf. I just don't enjoy ctf in BTB unless playing with a group.

It's hit or miss for me CTF. I had one really great game this morning on fracture with two good teams of randoms. Followed by a match of Recurve where I joined in down 2-0, and I ended up second on my team in kills. Wasn't fun at all.

singhr1

Fuck..... these Hannibal Vehicles

Since players are pretty familiar with the base Mantis, we also wanted to provide a bit more strategy for skilled players – something that’s useful in the hands of a novice but absolutely deadly when used to its full potential. To that end the shields have been boosted a bit, and the downtime when your shields are broken is reduced. While the overall armor is not as high as an ONI Mantis, if you can quickly engage and retreat with the Hannibal Mantis, you’ll be able to manage your shields easier and stay alive longer.

"The chaingun has been replaced with a slower-firing, but brutally heavy hitting Gauss repeater. It’ll overheat quickly, but if you manage your heat well and fire precisely, you can deal massive damage to enemy vehicles. The missile launcher is a favorite of mine, and plays into the whole ‘unpredictable and lethal’ aspect of the Hannibal. When each missile hits it releases several submunitions that cause sporadic and wide-spreading damage. This weapon was designed to damage or take out clustered groups of infantry.

"Lastly as we played into the Hannibal experimental tech theme, we added an EMP overcharge to the normal Mantis stomp attack. This is very useful for disabling nearby vehicles and expands on the tactics that can be employed with this Mantis."

Thanks to a massive Spartan Laser type beam weapon mounted to the Scorpion cannon and a heavy-hitting gauss repeater turret, this might be the most lethal vehicle in the Warzone lineup.

jfoul

We need load-outs for spartan customization. Sifting through armor options is a pain in the ass when you have everything. We also need an option to sell multiple REQs at once. Shouldn't need to hit up waypoint with a browser add-on to accomplish this task.

343 needs to release more slim armor designs in the future. Almost all of the designs are chunky huge armor. The Copperhead, Helioskrill, and Jumpmaster are really the only slim armor in the game.

Akai__

Why isn't BTB pistol starts yet? The rifles are too damn good, cmon!

Why isn't this BR starts?! Halo from 2004-2015

We've come a long way.

The people still screaming for BR starts, while we actually have a good and not overpowered Pistol, are ridiculous. BR's are pretty stupid on BTB since they are hitscan and you can cross map people all the time. In Halo 3, the bullet travel and the spread balanced things out, so you couldn't just shoot from base to base on Sandtrap with a BR/DMR.

If they want BR starts, then do a weekend playlist with that and that's about it.

We need load-outs for spartan customization. Sifting through armor options is a pain in the ass when you have everything. We also need an option to sell multiple REQs at once. Shouldn't need to hit up waypoint with a browser add-on to accomplish this task.

343 needs to release more slim armor designs in the future. Almost all of the designs are chunky huge armor. The Copperhead, Helioskrill, and Jumpmaster are really the only slim armor in the game.

343i and their partner Airborn Studios (which is resposible for helmets like Achilles) need to chill out and make more simple designs. I really don't like how the chest piece on every armor is like a bra for Spartans. I liked it more, when it looked like it was one piece of armor and when helmets were actually simple, but yet detailed and good looking. That's why I like the Raijin helmet the most. It's the only new helmet that is simple, but yet detailed and good looking.

Airborn Studios themself said that they are working since 2014 on Halo 5 designs, so I guess they have most of their armor/helmets lying arround on their HDD just waiting for 343i to release them. I wonder which ones didn't make it in or if we really saw all of them. The Hayabusa armor/helmet that some studio made for Halo 4 didn't make it in and that was kinda disappointing.

I also agree with your other points completely.

This was a JiP and it turned out to be the best BTB game I had in H5 so far. I went on one Running Riot and two Killing Frenzies. Sucks we didn’t get the win, but oh well. I wish I was there from the start lol.

Vico

Yeah, they should really implement loadouts, with so many REQs it's starting to be... Irritating, to say the least. In particular, and it's already been said a lot obviously, loadouts for "loadout" weapons should be a priority, like choosing this particular SMG and this BR variant when I get to lvl 5 in Warzone, instead of loosing thirty seconds trying to find the ones I usually use. Wouldn't be such a problem if the REQ menu ran well, but it's laggy, so I'm guessing implementing loadouts would be an easier fix, rather than trying to optimize it.

Can't wait to get some more games in, haven't been pulling my weight in the company lately. Real life's been getting in the way, and for the last week or so the games I've been playing have been purely for review purposes.

Wish Firefight would come out already though.

Did you just avatar quote yourself?

EDIT: Lol, apparrently I missed something a few pages back.

Its pretty scary right? *quivers*

pieface

Where on earth are the original made BTB maps? This game has been out for about 6 months and no developer made BTB maps? I hate the way they have neglected BTB.

Where on earth are the original made BTB maps? This game has been out for about 6 months and no developer made BTB maps? I hate the way they have neglected BTB.

The only hope for dev made btb is when the hog wild update comes. Even then.... I have doubts since Btb isnt on their list as they are focused on warzone since it makes them money.

Reqs, all about the reqs.

Vico

The only hope for dev made btb is when the hog wild update comes. Even then.... I have doubts since Btb isnt on their list as they are focused on warzone since it makes them money.

Reqs, all about the reqs.

Edit: never mind, I think I was misinterpreting something.

Frankie pretty much assured BTB maps were in the works back when the mode was revealed. And this is not a case of "he didn't actually say it like that", I strictly remember that the way he said it was loud and clear.

Ah dang i missed that memo. Well then thats good to hear and i expect the btb maps to release with hog wild update. Cool.

Vico

Ah dang i missed that memo. Well then thats good to hear and i expect the btb maps to release with hog wild update. Cool.

Yeah, although the more I'm trying to find that post the less I'm thinking I remember it clearly.

There is this, but it doesn't mean much since it was before the release and we ended up with exactly that (meaning dedicated maps), except they were forge maps.

http://teambeyond.net/halo-5-guardians-wont-feature-big-team-battle-at-launch/

BTB is its own beast , with dedicated maps, rather than subsets or expansions of existing ones.

Miker

Okay, so I just got Halo 5 yesterday, and none of the control options are what I want - bumper jumper with sprint on left stick click. I ended up going with Halo 4 controls, and using the Xbox accessories app to swap A and left stick click.

I tried it out for a few minutes and it seems to work perfectly fine in game, although menu navigation is awkward. Is this a viable option going forward, or are there some pitfalls with this scheme? I guess crouch jumping (crouch now on B) is awkward as well, but is that a big deal with clamber?

Okay, so I just got Halo 5 yesterday, and none of the control options are what I want - bumper jumper with sprint on left stick click. I ended up going with Halo 4 controls, and using the Xbox accessories app to swap A and left stick click.

I tried it out for a few minutes and it seems to work perfectly fine in game, although menu navigation is awkward. Is this a viable option going forward, or are there some pitfalls with this scheme? I guess crouch jumping (crouch now on B) is awkward as well, but is that a big deal with clamber?

Um... I think you should be okay.

jem0208

I'd recommend just getting used to another control scheme.

I like pashooter personally.

Top Bottom