• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

343 should find a way to force matchmaking into giving you the newest map that you haven't played on yet, and only give you an old map after you cycle through every new map.

If you don't leave the lobby then maps should be on rotation. Pretty sure this is what Battlefield does.

343 should find a way to force matchmaking into giving you the newest map that you haven't played on yet, and only give you an old map after you cycle through every new map.

But... In BTB there are 16 players with differing game history, you just can't please everyone in this way.

Welfare

If you don't leave the lobby then maps should be on rotation. Pretty sure this is what Battlefield does.

Exactly what it should be.

Add in StarCraft 2's veto system where you can tick off certain maps you don't want to play and I think we have a perfect system.

But... In BTB there are 16 players with differing game history, you just can't please everyone in this way.

I don't think I follow. Everyone would be put on the new maps. After that, it's open season like how it is now.

They need to start with lobbies first then, everyone is chucked back into matchmaking.

I'm down for that if they can do it, plus the ability to rematch.

They need to start with lobbies first then, everyone is chucked back into matchmaking.

I'm down for that if they can do it, plus the ability to rematch.

Like the press x to party up with those recent players you played with? That was a cool feature man.

Didnt have to invte or add them. Just pressed one button.

Akai__

I think this makes MM way more complex that it needs to be.

Making it more likely new maps/gametypes show up after an update is fine... But that only needs to last a few days at most. The problem is right now this extra weight on the content lasts until the next update which is weeks long.

If only there was at least a veto option. With 343i, it always takes ages for playlist changes. They are just now asking for Arena feedback, which is good. I hope they will find some good stuff in there.

Yup. After the Beta, I really thought they would do that.

You absolutely can. If (for example) 16 people play on Recurve and 16 others play on Deadlock, then the next map can be 1 that isn't Recurve or Deadlock. How many people do you think play simultaneously?

Trup1aya

But the accuracy of the matchmaking system requires people to play against a wide range of opponents. If I choose to play for two hrs straight in a rotation system, so many of my matches would be against the same people.

One way they could do it is internally scedule maps to be active at a certain time. So all matches that begin between 7:00 and 7:05 are on Eden. All matches that start between 7:05 and 7:10 are on Truth etc

Everyone in the whole playlist would be playing the same map, but no one would ever play duplicates.

Trup1aya

Points taken. I spent the most time with Halo 1/2, though, and I'd find it so weird to have zoom on LT. Unless it's that much better in Halo 5 - and I guess I can understand why it would be, given changes to scope - I'll probably stick with default Bumper Jumper.

Also, what's the best way to crouch jump? Should I have it on hold or toggle for L stick click?

I have zoom on hold. Toggle would make adding crouch to your strafe really difficult.

I recommend zoom on the RS. Some people like it on LT thanks to COD and Destiny. But with descoping and the importance of firing from the hip, L trigger is overrated IMO.

Madness

Once again my elite controller bumper broke, this was the replacement of my original one that broke in the same fashion, these controllers are not made to have heavy bumper use as I play bumper jumper, its a shame because its a great controller but, I now wouldnt recomend this to anyone.

It's why I barely use mine. Don't want it to break lol. I regret the purchase. They made everything on the outside amazing but it's the same parts internally and they break quick. It's why every single Halo pro donated their elites they got at regional and only use SCUF.

Miker

I have zoom on hold. Toggle would make adding crouch to your strafe really difficult.

I recommend zoom on the RS. Some people like it on LT thanks to COD and Destiny. But with descoping and the importance of firing from the hip, L trigger is overrated IMO.

What's the deal with hip fire vs ADS anyway? Is there an accuracy boost with all weapons, even automatics? I've never really scoped in Halo unless necessary due to how the old games worked, and I dunno if I should be going scoped into encounters until knocked out, or just firing from the hip.

jem0208

What's the deal with hip fire vs ADS anyway? Is there an accuracy boost with all weapons, even automatics? I've never really scoped in Halo unless necessary due to how the old games worked, and I dunno if I should be going scoped into encounters until knocked out, or just firing from the hip.

There's an accuracy boost with autos. The effect on precision weapons is negligible.

Trup1aya

For the autos, scoping tightens the spread. A lot of people cried foul about it at launch, but in practice, it's not a big deal. When used at a range that requires scoping, chances are, your opponent will be descoping you.

for precision weapons, it just boosts you range, like precious Halo games.

Often unless, i personally wouldn't recommend trying to go into most encounters scoped. it depends on the weapon you using and how far away the opponent is. With an auto, I'll only scope of the enemy is just out of range, but unaware of my pressence.

MaGlock

Really depends on the range in which you engage in my opinion. If im midrange I'll be scoped till I'm out but normally I'm pushing closer So getting knocked out doesn't matter much

B0yATnj.jpg
Has Frankie ever definitively said if this is a NeoGAF reference or not? I mean it's gotta be, right?

Madness

Has Frankie ever definitively said if this is a NeoGAF reference or not? I mean it's gotta be, right?

Probably. But seeing as how the mods effectively told the Halo community they weren't wanted here, I wouldn't see too much of this in the future. Devs won't show love/support to a forum that banned them from even having a community thread for months. r/Halo is where it's at these days for them.

I probably will join when that one happens, but I don't think I have you as a friend on xbox live.

Anyone who wants to join, just send a message to "MyExWlFE" (I is an L) and I'll send an invite.

Gonna be streaming too, so if you want to watch, twitch.tv/yourexwife

EDIT: Getting a party together, so go ahead and start messaging if you wanna play.

mo60

Anyone who wants to join, just send a message to "MyExWlFE" (I is an L) and I'll send an invite.

EDIT: Getting a party together, so go ahead and start messaging if you wanna play.

Will be on in about 30 minutes.

OK posting from taco Bell now

Miker

There's an accuracy boost with autos. The effect on precision weapons is negligible.

For the autos, scoping tightens the spread. A lot of people cried foul about it at launch, but in practice, it's not a big deal. When used at a range that requires scoping, chances are, your opponent will be descoping you.

for precision weapons, it just boosts you range, like precious Halo games.

Often unless, i personally wouldn't recommend trying to go into most encounters scoped. it depends on the weapon you using and how far away the opponent is. With an auto, I'll only scope of the enemy is just out of range, but unaware of my pressence.

Really depends on the range in which you engage in my opinion. If im midrange I'll be scoped till I'm out but normally I'm pushing closer So getting knocked out doesn't matter much

Thanks for the replies. Once I go through MCC and Halo 5's campaign, I'll be down to join in some gaf Halo 5 MP.

JackHerer

Once again my elite controller bumper broke, this was the replacement of my original one that broke in the same fashion, these controllers are not made to have heavy bumper use as I play bumper jumper, its a shame because its a great controller but, I now wouldnt recomend this to anyone.

Same thing happened to mine. I bought another but if it happens again I'll go back to scuf.

SMACK THAT FOLLOW BUTTON!

Thanks though :)

Also, first game is win against cheaters. FeelsGoodMan

love having more folks to follow.

i work a lot [ed: like... a lot], but love having someone playing h5 on in the background.

can't stand most of the popular streamers [mostly due to shitty mainstream EDM / trance music they play], so i'll check you out for sure.

Didn't play Halo 5 hardly at all today and now i'm at work. Though I got to watch Buddy Hield do his thing against Oregon, which made me happy. I opened a silver pack today and got the spartan laser certtttttttttttttttttttttttttt. Wooooo! -_- I'm keeping track of my unlocks and I think I only have a 3 to 4 more rare weapon certs to unlock and then it's all ultra-rares and legendarys until the next update.

BradC00

Probably. But seeing as how the mods effectively told the Halo community they weren't wanted here, I wouldn't see too much of this in the future. Devs won't show love/support to a forum that banned them from even having a community thread for months. r/Halo is where it's at these days for them.

what was the deal with the halo OT? I remember it was there, then it wasn't. Then it came back for Halo 5.

belushy

Banned

lol

context: Recently pros have been complaining about Torque, Riptide, and Overgrowth being in Team Arena because they are not "official" game types. Been whining about Assault, too. & Ninja placed 5th-8th at Worlds.

MaGlock

Didn't play Halo 5 hardly at all today and now i'm at work. Though I got to watch Buddy Hield do his thing against Oregon, which made me happy. I opened a silver pack today and got the spartan laser certtttttttttttttttttttttttttt. Wooooo! -_- I'm keeping track of my unlocks and I think I only have a 3 to 4 more rare weapon certs to unlock and then it's all ultra-rares and legendarys until the next update.

I'm on the eternal gold grind right now for endgame cert UR Spartan laser I was disappointed to say the least

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Finally got down to 2 vehicle and 2 weapon certifications left in the commons, so maybe now it will finally start coughing up more of the 10 loadout slots I have left and fucktons of armor pieces, although there are still 7 common emblems left so it will probably want to kick all those out first.

Also finally broke a long losing streak in warzone. Kept getting teams who would rather get 3 points killing dudes than 125 killing event enemies.

Top Bottom