• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Welfare

lol

context: Recently pros have been complaining about Torque, Riptide, and Overgrowth being in Team Arena because they are not "official" game types. Been whining about Assault, too. & Ninja placed 5th-8th at Worlds.

There needs to be an official HCS playlist.

Also, going off that Assault mention, where's our BTB Assault?

Welfare

They really need to add stuff like Torque and Assault to the HCS, more like.

Yes they do, but I don't want to play Overgrowth and Riptide when trying to actually be competitive. Team Arena can be ranked Social Slayer, but have a separate playlist for HCS gametypes and maps.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Okay I just had an idea, tell me what you think of it:

This last game of warzone we had 5 quitters. That is obviously nigh impossible to come back from, but what makes it more impossible is that when you start getting dominated from greater numbers like that, you very quickly fall behind in REQ level so then you have to fight all these advanced vehicles. So I propose that when you lose teammates, your whole team goes up REQ levels. 5 quitters? 5 REQ levels for everyone. Now, this certainly doesn't mean your whole team will have the cards to spend or want to, but it at least gives you the option of possibly fighting tank vs tank to do something other than wake up, walk outside with your measly small arms, and die almost instantly again and again and again for like 10 minutes or however long it takes to finish the game.

OR

Just give us the option to concede loss after 4 people quit.

Or these pro players could simply do customs. Although I wouldn't have anything against an HCS playlist either. It would make Arena a little more laid back, not that I'm getting anywhere in the rankings lol.

BraXzy

Yeah! Gosh man! Get it together and dont carry me to onyx.

Lmao at this moment in time, I'm the one needing carrying to Onyx.

lol

context: Recently pros have been complaining about Torque, Riptide, and Overgrowth being in Team Arena because they are not "official" game types. Been whining about Assault, too. & Ninja placed 5th-8th at Worlds.

Damn son, that was a sick burn. The glare does need sorting the hell out though.

Dice

My qualifying rank for basic Arena playlist is Gold 5. I guess that's decent? Does this mean it was just random people being qualified before and now it'll try to put me in "balanced" matches?

Can't wait to get some more games in, haven't been pulling my weight in the company lately. Real life's been getting in the way, and for the last week or so the games I've been playing have been purely for review purposes.

Wish Firefight would come out already though.

Did you just avatar quote yourself?

EDIT: Lol, apparrently I missed something a few pages back.

lol yes, I swear I'm not just a diva ;p

Dice

So I died as I saw we were starting to take the 3rd building and...

oqZKw3Q.gif

mo60

yeah bruh

How bad was the enemy team in that match?

I managed to get back to were I maxed out last season in terms of rank which was silver 4 multiple times today, but I went back down to silver 3 in the next match every time I reached silver 4.I guess this game does not want me to stay at silver 4.

GGs everyone I joined in the last games but it was fun, tomorrow I will be able to use my mic here is one highlight of the night:

giphy.gif

Also about that last random Spartan charge at the Warthog and how you called me idiot or something like that well Jazzy at least I was not in last place ;)

Good night everybody!

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ ZEEZBRUH ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Happy Birthday

The other day I noticed social 5v5 was added to arena and it's been 10 times more fun then ranked even if some matches are lob-sided. In ranked I would do well in my 10 placement matches but then keep getting destroyed with no way to rank down and it was making me give up on MP, I would get teammate randoms questioning why I was in platinum and calling me names.

Social is so much nicer.

jem0208

The other day I noticed social 5v5 was added to arena and it's been 10 times more fun then ranked even if some matches are lob-sided. In ranked I would do well in my 10 placement matches but then keep getting destroyed with no way to rank down and it was making me give up on MP, I would get teammate randoms questioning why I was in platinum and calling me names.

Social is so much nicer.

The matchmaking isn't tied to your rank by the way, it's tied to your MMR which is a separate system. Even if you don't rank down you will start matching people of lower skill levels if you're getting destroyed.

Trup1aya

Since unlocking the Achilles armor, I've been much less inclined to check our kill commendation status. The lack of level 4 req packs, and knowledge of just how ridiculous level 5 requirements are have made me care less. Well, I stuck my head in today, and I feel like we've made excellent progress. It won't take as long to get the helmet as I had once thought.

Probably. But seeing as how the mods effectively told the Halo community they weren't wanted here, I wouldn't see too much of this in the future. Devs won't show love/support to a forum that banned them from even having a community thread for months. r/Halo is where it's at these days for them.

"can we not post toxic images that will threaten the standing of the halo community on gaf and get it shut down again?"

"fuck the mods, though"

Wow, both of you read into what the other was saying to a fantastical degree.

If you want to bring personal histories into it, take it to PM's for fuck's sake.

Top Bottom