• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

EYEL1NER

I finally got a match on Viking and I can't say I liked it at all. CTF that went into overtime before blue team finally capped a flag. Before it went into overtime, I don't think either team got a flag to the middle of the map, let alone to any kind of close-to-scoring position. I felt like my team and the opposing team had the long-range game locked down and so nothing happened until overtime when a quarter of the other team quit and blue was able to overwhelm the remaining enemies.

That Halo tabletop minis game looks cool too. I might pick up a couple Spartans and paint them in my color schemes. I don't even know what scale that game is but the details have to be better than Heroclix figures.

Madness

Anyways, was getting close to finishing silvers but with two updates dropping in April it's probably going to add quite a few more common, uncommon and rare certs and push me back down again.

jadedm17

Ran into a guy named JuST a NuBLeT with four friends all level 135+ playing Social Slayer...

How is that fun? Match ended 50 to 11. Ran into them again and quit before it started.

Madness

Ran into a guy named JuST a NuBLeT with four friends all level 135+ playing Social Slayer...

How is that fun? Match ended 50 to 11. Ran into them again and quit before it started.

343 just loosened restrictions in social slayer because people complained nonstop that skill matching with hidden mmr meant that the games were still too competitive for them and that the higher guys especially complained. It's really damned if you and damned if you don't for 343.

EYEL1NER

Wow, the team I was just on won a Warzone match on A.R.C. with 1000 to 203. Now I know what it feels like to be on the other side of that.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Probably. But seeing as how the mods effectively told the Halo community they weren't wanted here, I wouldn't see too much of this in the future. Devs won't show love/support to a forum that banned them from even having a community thread for months. r/Halo is where it's at these days for them.

That was a tough time for all of us.

---
rAV6I2r.png

https://twitter.com/quinndelhoyo/status/713898878060208128

I don't get the joke, but Torque hurts my eyes as well. It's a very poor map from a visual clarity standpoint, IMO.

I have zero problems orienting myself on Torque. I find it can be harder on Truth if you don't look inside the bases, but that's not bad either. Still I'd like to see some brighter more organic arena maps.

Akai__

Played only a few matches, but Torque was once again very prominent. I hate that shit so much in Slayer...

I don't get the joke, but Torque hurts my eyes as well. It's a very poor map from a visual clarity standpoint, IMO.

It's a reference to Ninja placing 5th-8th place at Worlds.

jem0208

RNG (the team Ninja is on) placed 5-8th during Worlds.

I've never had a problem with visual clarity on Torque, it's bright but it's never had an effect on gameplay for me. I actually really like the map.

EYEL1NER

Is the Noctus Warzone Assault map gone? Been playing all day and not had it come up.
For quite a few hours of Warzone from when I got the game until a week ago, I didn't even know there were other maps besides Raid and Noctus. It'll appear again I'm sure.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Regarding the elite controller's trigger stops, has anyone played around and with the trigger threshold settings to try and make the trigger stops work with charging weapons? I really like them aside from messing up my railgun game.

Regarding the elite controller's trigger stops, has anyone played around and with the trigger threshold settings to try and make the trigger stops work with charging weapons? I really like them aside from messing up my railgun game.

Yeah I adjusted them so charging weapons work.

Ran into Zeez and his full team of 5 people back to back lol. Low and behold 2-3 quitters both times as they rekt our shit. Halo 5 is bizarre because you can't do jack shit as a solo player. 99% of 1v1's boil down to the enemy escaping and their teammate popping out for help, over and over again. It becomes grating after a while, people surviving with such ease, and coupling that with no party matching results in some really lopsided matches.

This is why I love the CE Pistol so much, because duels result in far less escapes than later Halo games. I understand that it's part of the design for high survival in Halo 2-5 (Halo 2-Reach accomplished this through longer kill times, whereas Halo 5 accomplishes this through thrusters, sprint, clamber, and occasionally ground pound), but I much prefer the high lethality instead of the defensive/safe game.

Halo 5 + CE Pistol (projectile) I know would be so damn fun, but currently that will never be a thing because I know how close-minded fans can be. And I'm not saying that in a condescending manner as I don't think my opinions are better than anyone else's (except maybe Akai's), but just wanted to share some thoughts on that front since I don't ever see anyone else commenting on or taking issue with H5's high survival rates. I love analyzing these things and thinking critically about how Halo can improve, so pliss understand this "elitist" shit that sometimes gets spewed is just that of an ignoramus.

IHaveIce

Banned
I know it is a joke by Quinn and all but 343 really doesn't have to be surprised if they get the title of being arrogant if their Multiplayer lead is responding like this in public.
So far I have not seen 1 reasonable response by quinn about legit complaints

EYEL1NER

I need to quit playing today. Three wins in a row on Warzone... It won't last. Better to keep the memories.

EDIT: Should have taken my own advice. Played a round on Stormbreak and the red team was content to just trap us in the East Armory for the duration of the match. I have to say too: those moments where both teams are pouring firepower into a boss like Warden Eternal and you are convinced you are winning and then it pops up "Enemy team defeated Warden Eternal" feel shitty. Not that there is anything wrong with that, I can't see all angles of the battle and am not saying I am getting cheated. It's just always a sucky feeling.

I know it is a joke by Quinn and all but 343 really doesn't have to be surprised if they get the title of being arrogant if their Multiplayer lead is responding like this in public.
So far I have not seen 1 reasonable response by quinn about legit complaints

Putting on sun glasses and making a joke isn't a legitimate complaint.

BraXzy

Yes this one is. But go on reddit or other community sites (not beyond) and look how they all already jump on the ship "Quinn is an asshole"

Like I said I knew Quinn is a good guy

Yeah the in-jokes come off real bad when people read them at face value and don't really follow it, but then there's always things people take the wrong way because they don't realise the two parties know each other.

I do hope they take the feedback hidden underneath on board though.

Welcome to social media guys. Lol

As someone who had to work it for a cellular company..... This is nothing to even get upset about. There is soooo much worse out there...........lol

Glso glad i don't work there anymore.

jem0208

Yes this one is. But go on reddit or other community sites (not beyond) and look how they all already jump on the ship "Quinn is an asshole"

Like I said I knew Quinn is a good guy

I'm not sure I agree there (at least not on Reddit), I mean one of the top posts at the moment has a bunch of people saying that his tweets were hilarious.

If he were some high ranking politician or something I'd understand that comments of that nature would be bad. However, he's a video game designer, that shouldn't prevent him from joking around with his friends on twitter. He shouldn't have to censor himself because of a few stray idiots who can and should be ignored.

EYEL1NER

Whoohoo! Just opened a plain old commendation pack and got the Void's Tear rare plasma pistol and the Whispered Truth magnum! Now to horde them and never use them!

EDIT: Gross. I had a good pile of REQ points and resisted the urge to spend them on Gold or Silvers. So I kept hacking away at my bronzes and what did I get in the span of the last four packs I opened? Scout Hog cert, Urban Scout Hog cert, and Corp Scout Hog cert. I've been debating using a bunch of my free digital credit on Amazon from getting some items slow-shipped on the Arean REQ Bundle, because I miss getting cool stuff like when I was opening my Warzone REQ packs. That might have just pushed me over the edge towards getting one.

EDIT2: And there's the Oni Scout Hog. At least each one of the four cert netted me 150 REQ points each in extra stuff to sell, because I'll never be using a Scout Hog.
Something 343 should add to the game? A "Sell All" button in the REQ screen, so I can offload everything remaining in a pack easily and quickly.

I won two of my last ten games for arena or something like that. People either quit or they decide just to go afk during a match. Oh well, month is almost over anyways.

Also I wish Arena gave more xp. For my current rank it takes ~55 games of arena to rank up.

Overgrowth with 5v5..... So bad. Social slayer 3 afk and end up being booted... Just 2v5 the whole match. Lmao......

Edit :

Get out of ss ans jump into btb.

Its a JIP. Ctf 2 to 0 enemey team taking flag to base... I lose a game within 30 seconds.

Lmao! Wow...

Trup1aya

Whoohoo! Just opened a plain old commendation pack and got the Void's Tear rare plasma pistol and the Whispered Truth magnum! Now to horde them and never use them!

EDIT: Gross. I had a good pile of REQ points and resisted the urge to spend them on Gold or Silvers. So I kept hacking away at my bronzes and what did I get in the span of the last four packs I opened? Scout Hog cert, Urban Scout Hog cert, and Corp Scout Hog cert. I've been debating using a bunch of my free digital credit on Amazon from getting some items slow-shipped on the Arean REQ Bundle, because I miss getting cool stuff like when I was opening my Warzone REQ packs. That might have just pushed me over the edge towards getting one.

EDIT2: And there's the Oni Scout Hog. At least each one of the four cert netted me 150 REQ points each in extra stuff to sell, because I'll never be using a Scout Hog.
Something 343 should add to the game? A "Sell All" button in the REQ screen, so I can offload everything remaining in a pack easily and quickly.

Just take solace in the fact that you PROBABLY would have gotten the exact same items had you spent your RP on golds or silvers.

Top Bottom