• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

BraXzy

No, never tried to open it. I'll check my collection as I'm good about deleting crap every pack

Some other peeps were mentioning their pack didn't show up for a win either. Servers borked or something? If you didn't open it at all I'd assume it'll turn up in unopened packs at some point.

Dat avatar change.
Monday-Morning-Gif-4.gif

Wheewwwwwwww!!!!!

Some other peeps were mentioning their pack didn't show up for a win either. Servers borked or something? If you didn't open it at all I'd assume it'll turn up in unopened packs at some point.

Did you see my final request? :D borderless plzzz?

Kibbles

I literally bought the $20 gold packs (never again, lol) and deleted literally everything I could sell to buy a bunch of silver beforehand. No legendaries let alone the H2BR. Ugh fuck this game... Why advertise it as DLC when you can't even get it

belushy

Banned
I literally bought the $20 gold packs (never again, lol) and deleted literally everything I could sell to buy a bunch of silver beforehand. No legendaries let alone the H2BR. Ugh fuck this game... Why advertise it as DLC when you can't even get it

Uh... you can get it. You have just as much chance to unlock it as everyone.

Don't stress kibbles. You bought a random rng pack. Not a specific skin pack like some other games have.

The truth will set you free

BraXzy

It does suck when you get absolutely nothing out of packs, especially when you pay for them with money. Have you been doing the whole Bronze->Silver->Gold method to better your chances though?

Did you see my final request? :D borderless plzzz?

Your wish is my.. I forget.

tMtUwNU.png
xJjMl7g.png

Kibbles

It does suck when you get absolutely nothing out of packs, especially when you pay for them with money. Have you been doing the whole Bronze->Silver->Gold method to better your chances though?
I have been lately, I thought I had bought enough Bronze and Silver but apparently not.

BraXzy

Just know that i had the same feels when i bought my 2nd hcs pack for 2 rares....... I spent 10 dollars on two rares.......

Almost as bad as opening the first few of my premium warzone bundle packs when I still hadn't finished bronze packs smh :(

#Season2PremiumBundlePls343

Almost as bad as opening the first few of my premium warzone bundle packs when I still hadn't finished bronze packs smh :(

#Season2PremiumBundlePls343

I didnt even know i should have been on that cycle until after i opened all my warzone packs. I was too anxious :(((((((

BizzyBum

So I tried Warzone Assault for Urban and dear god what an awful fucking gametype that is. I like Warzone but the Assault variant is trash.

Riptide is fun. It has that middle section which is straight out of Fathoms but besides that it plays completely different and the H2 BR is awesome.

Thanks for all the feedback on which req cards to buy. I've been looking at the benefits of getting bronze packs and one thing people don't mention is that you're essentially getting a lot more cards to sell back. If you can get 4 bronze packs for the price of 1 silver, the cards to sell back are almost enough to buy an extra bronze pack, possibly more. So would it be true to say that 1 silver pack is roughly equal to 5 bronze packs? I've only been getting silver packs, but I might switch to just bronze for a little while to see how it goes.

Straight up! Team Frankie 4 life.

Also got the French fry magnum skin. It's awful and amazing.
Dude that's the only skin i want out of the new stuff! Okay... I want that neon green skin too, but seriously, FRENCH FRIES!

BraXzy

Have new maps been rotated into the community Breakout list? I just played on one I haven't before and I swear I tried them all. It was called Havoc?

Kalentan

Hey guys, so some may remember me posting here a few days ago, very flustered at the game to the point where I was saying I was hating it more with each passing game. At that time I had been using a 0 inner and outer deadzone control options and it took me a bit to realize that it was the problem. So I borrowed fellow Gaffer, daedalius, options he posted on the same page and suddenly I've been doing a lot better. I still get frustrated from time to time, but its' not nearly as prevalent as it had been.

On a side note... The Halo 2 BR is fucking sex. Like holy shit 343i, make it the main BR. It's just... wow. One of the best feeling guns I've ever used in a game.

JackHerer

Got a whole bunch of the skins yesterday: pizza, fries, Locke, prestige BR (ew), and that purplish one for my magnum.

So far I am not a fan of Riptide at all, the map has a really weird flow to it that feels cramped. Urban is pretty bad but I was never a huge fan of WZ assault.

daedalius

Casuals can have fun with the AR. When they are ready to take their game to the next level, they can work on pistol proficiency.

I can see nothing good to come from having everyone start with a 3sk weapon that can kill in under 1 second. I just can't.

Or they'll just go play something else.

BraXzy

Got a whole bunch of the skins yesterday: pizza, fries, Locke, prestige BR (ew), and that purplish one for my magnum.

So far I am not a fan of Riptide at all, the map has a really weird flow to it that feels cramped. Urban is pretty bad but I was never a huge fan of WZ assault.

I still don't have the Pizza skin QQ. But the fries look atrocious in game first person haha. Truly a sight for sore eyes.

I've not managed to get a match on Riptide yet but I gave it a quick look in customs, it did seem a little cramped in places, I'm interested to see how it plays. Love the aesthetic though, as far as UNSC facilities go.

BraXzy

How much did you guys spend on gold packs? I'm about to buy some but I'm afraid I'm getting into a deep hole...

After your first $100, it gets easier to let go.

QFT.

I played dota 2 and I know the first purchase will open the floodgates for MANY more.

At least chests these days don't drop dupes till you have everything though right? Kinda takes the fun out of it as daft as that sounds.

Poster#1

At least chests these days don't drop dupes till you have everything though right? Kinda takes the fun out of it as daft as that sounds.
Yeah no dupes. Thank god for that! You have no idea how many times I got burned from getting dupes." Maybe the next chest will have something better" but nope!

Madness

This game must think I suck, my 2nd slayer match, and I went 26-3 against these gold/silver guys. I figure I might as well place now to see how I do before ranks reset, but it's just crazy the level of players they're putting me against.

BraXzy

Yeah no dupes. Thank god for that! You have no idea how many times I got burned from getting dupes." Maybe the next chest will have something better" but nope!

I'm honestly surprised they ever made that change because it must have caused a drop in revenue surely? Maybe a majority buying something they were confident in outweighed the whales buying a hundred chests in the hopes of glory.

I'm still hoping they do something similar for a unique REQ pack with like 4 possible goodies and you get one each time.

Top Bottom