• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

I never understood the hate for Reach. Better than Halo 4 IMO. That game's UI still blows my mind. Perfection.

Don't forget the bloom! Fun times ^_^

Every game is better than Halo 4. However, i think it's the more popular gametype on MCC for BTB.

Ui is a whole nother animal i think we all have strong feelings about.

Fuchsdh

Every game is better than Halo 4. However, i think it's the more popular gametype on MCC for BTB.

Halo 4 SWAT is also far and away the most popular game type in voting, although there are weird people who vote for Halo 3 and because of them I have experienced SWATgums, which is hell incarnate.

Still got 60 KOTH medals to grind out, when I'm done with that I will return to never touching SWAT ever again :)

Down to under 20 silver packs left! At this rate I might just get done with the current silver-tier and below REQs before the new ones drop.

Halo 4 SWAT is also far and away the most popular game type in voting, although there are weird people who vote for Halo 3 and because of them I have experienced SWATgums, which is hell incarnate.

Still got 60 KOTH medals to grind out, when I'm done with that I will return to never touching SWAT ever again :)

Down to under 20 silver packs left! At this rate I might just get done with the current silver-tier and below REQs before the new ones drop.

I wish i was almost done with Silvers :(.. but i heard the Gold abyss is even deeper......

I wish the H2BR was the default BR.

I just checked this out in Forge. There is no reason for a player to spawn on a Neutral Initial Spawn when there are 8 Red Initial Spawns available on the other side of the map. Makes no sense that it happened but it's certainly not the forger's fault.

interesting, I guess it somehow thinks that one of the initial team spawn plates is too crowded or something, even worse if it's a random event.

Can't aim at all recently, couple that with somehow getting to Onyx in arena playing entirely with randoms and you have a bad time on your hands. And it seems like the majority of players won't talk; but if they do they are a jerk 90% of the time. I need a long break from this game.

Try playing the social 5v5 slayer, it's somewhat more fun because it's a little more hectic with so many players, plus I now only play for some chill time I don't care about ranks or leveling up any longer or I just play warzone assault/BTB because those are fun chill times too.

*edit* this is not saying that I don't try to win, I always try, I just don't care about ranking up.

Poster#1

Yeah I was surprised how popular H4 BTB in MCC.I guess people really want halo to be more like COD after all.

Poster#1

yeah but I don't sit hours in the UI.. I want to play the game and in that regard Reach was garbo

So you are enjoying REQ store loading screen, not being able to use REQ stations, no loadout in Warzone? The list goes on. I hate H5 UI. It looks really cheap and barely functional.

NOKYARD

interesting, I guess it somehow thinks that one of the initial team spawn plates is too crowded or something, even worse if it's a random event.

I did notice that one of the Red Initial Spawns was sitting on an angle. Possibly the tops of the spawns crowd each other out. Still, it should place players on the Neutral Initials right beside the Red Initials.

Ok, Nok, speaking of Forged map issues—

http://xboxclips.com/Fuchsdh/8fdd8a99-f6ce-42c1-ae6c-02d73d0f04d8

This happened to me twice shortly after the Grifball maps got updated, not sure if it's been fixed.

Yup. That happens on BvR as well.

Players with dodgy connections cause the game to start a few seconds later than normal, but the script timer starts at the usual time. Not sure how quickly they can be replaced but the courts have already been repaired.

Fuchsdh

Yup. That happens on BvR as well.

Players with dodgy connections cause the game to start a few seconds later than normal, but the script timer starts at the usual time. Not sure how quickly they can be replaced but the courts have already been repaired.

Ok, good to know it's been noticed.

That Aztec-themed Grifball map is probably the only place I will ever max out my ground pound commendations :p

IHaveIce

Banned
So you are enjoying REQ store loading screen, not being able to use REQ stations, no loadout in Warzone? The list goes on. I hate H5 UI. It looks really cheap and barely functional.

Again I couldn't care less about UI shit if the gameplay is super solid and I play Arena and I love it.

I barely have the "No REQ's aviable" issue anymore after the recent updates.

Wonder if the rumours are true and Radar will be changed so you only show up if you sprint, thrust or use a spartan ability. I think this would be the best change possible

Tawpgun

If you want to play solo go play FFA.

/s

Just had a game we were up 47-40 and the final score ended up 50-48. Don't scare me like that guys!

jontron-sweat-o.gif

FFA is fkn garbage and completey different than a 4v4. Halo 5 is way behind on the times with getting a solo playlist.

Ramirez

I've played like 700 games of WZ and had that happen maybe twice? Shouldn't happen at all I guess, but it's not like it happens every game.

Wonder if the rumours are true and Radar will be changed so you only show up if you sprint, thrust or use a spartan ability. I think this would be the best change possible

Where did this rumor originate? Sounds amazing.

Calling bullshit on these "relaxed skill matching" in SS. I got a perfection in my first game and it actually felt like I was playing SS in past Halo's. Every game since has felt like any other playlist in the game, champs and Onyx every game, most of the time on a team, meh.

Give us a fucking solo que playlist already. I played 3 games of BTB tonight and 2 were against teams of 8, that shit is inexcusable.

Number one problem affecting the quality of Halo 5's online gameplay. No need for separate playlists, just enforce team matching restrictions ala every Bungie online Halo (ranked).

Strider

What I heard was what IhaveIce posted along with a slight increase to radar range.

Basically it would encourage more movement around the map (if walking) but punish sprinting more than it does now... Ultimately that def sounds like a great change if that's what 343 ends up going with.

IHaveIce

Banned
Where did this rumor originate? Sounds amazing.
Ninja said after talking with 343 after worlds this is one of the changes 343 experiments with
What I heard was what IhaveIce posted along with a slight increase to radar range.

Basically it would encourage more movement around the map (if walking) but punish sprinting more than it does now... Ultimately that def sounds like a great change if that's what 343 ends up going with.
Yeah a slight increase would be added
If anything it should be removed entirely.

Get good, situational awareness and all that jazz.

Nah imagine you could sprint all the way around a map without any penalty.
Pros tried it and in 4v4s Halo 5 is way too fast without any radar on these maps.

I think just showing Spartan Abilities is the perfect change

I'm on the boat/train to have radar only show those who Fire, Thrust, Sprint, Spartan Charge, Ground Pound, Slide.

Crouching will eliminate the sound of walking so it still can be used for the Ultimate ninja.

They may increase the sound of walking due to this change. But idk how it sounds now actually so IDK if that is even neccessary. More so thinking of what else this would butterfly affect to NAM SAYING !?!?!??!!?

Fuchsdh

Seriously where did this motion tracker change suggestion come from? Because literally this seems like another "someone says something on GAF and suddenly it becomes something real".

Cranster

Banned
Yeah no. Competetive Halo really doesn't need that.

If anything it should be removed entirely.

Get good, situational awareness and all that jazz.

Thankfully you guys are in the minority. The Motion Tracker has been an integral part of Halo's gameplay since Halo 1. If you guys want to play competitively, go play in your pro-tournaments. The motion tracker is hardly a clutch for less skilled players to use as so called "pro-players: can use it to their advantage just as well.

The fact is though that infinite sprint, Spartan Charge and Ground Pound make it easy for players to unexpectedly make the drop on you without appearing on the motion tracker while you are engaged with another player in combat... That is simply not fun nor does it take skill to camp and/ambush like that. I rarely had this problem in previous Halo games but in Halo 5 it's a huge issue especially when the motion tracker has a puny range and doesn't pick up on players movements until they are in range to do a Spartan Charge.

Karl2177

Thankfully you guys are in the minority. The Motion Tracker has been an integral part of Halo's gameplay since Halo 1. If you guys want to play competitively, go play in your pro-tournaments. The motion tracker is hardly a clutch for less skilled players to use as so called "pro-players: can use it to their advantage just as well.

The fact is though that infinite sprint, Spartan Charge and Ground Pound make it easy for players to unexpectedly make the drop on you without appearing on the motion tracker while you are engaged with another player in combat... That is simply not fun nor does it take skill to camp and/ambush like that. I rarely had this problem in previous Halo games but in Halo 5 it's a huge issue especially when the motion tracker has a puny range and doesn't pick up on players movements until they are in range to do a Spartan Charge.

...But sprinting would cause you to show up...

Ramirez

How do you know we're in the minority? Halo 5 4v4 is as hardcore as the game's ever been, and I don't know that this late in the release, people who want radar adjustments are in the minority when it comes to Arena.

Fuchsdh

...But sprinting would cause you to show up...

His argument is that the range is too small to ward off SC and sprint attacks as-is, so that proposed change doesn't do anything to address his issue unless they also boosted the motion tracker range to historical precedent in compensation.

Trup1aya

I never understood the hate for Reach. Better than Halo 4 IMO. That game's UI still blows my mind. Perfection.

Don't forget the bloom! Fun times ^_^

Reach is better than halo4, but that isn't saying much. It marked the end of balanced halo gameplay.

4 killed what remained of Halo's signature MP design.

Akai__

Halo 5 is a competetive game or are you forgetting that the whole game is based arround ranks and skill matching? The whole point of no radar is to stop people from camping and promote more movement arround the maps. In an ideal world, there would be at least an opt in system for radar or an additional playlist.

Whenever people use the "go play at pro tournaments" I have to laugh. Are you seeing people who disagree with you saying stuff like "go play a casual shooter instead"? I don't think so.

Seriously where did this motion tracker change suggestion come from? Because literally this seems like another "someone says something on GAF and suddenly it becomes something real".
As with most great changes, it secretly originated from me. Who else was posting about that on here and directly to Quinn, Bravo, etc. on Twitter? And people on Beyond were straight up asking to remove it. No one wss looking at this compromise, at least in the community.

Not trying to toot my own horn (maybe just a bit), but let's be real here. Most of my suggestions would Make Halo Great Again, LUV and peace to all.

As with most great changes, it secretly originated from me. Who else was posting about that on here and directly to Quinn, Bravo, etc. on Twitter? And people on Beyond were straight up asking to remove it. No one wss looking at this compromise, at least in the community.

Not trying to toot my own horn (maybe just a bit), but let's be real here. Most of my suggestions would Make Halo Great Again, LUV and peace to all.

image.php

Ramirez

Halo 5 is a competetive game or are you forgetting that the whole game is based arround ranks and skill matching? The whole point of no radar is to stop people from camping and promote more movement arround the maps. In an ideal world, there would be at least an opt in system for radar or an additional playlist.

Whenever people use the "go play at pro tournaments" I have to laugh. Are you seeing people who disagree with you saying stuff like "go play a casual shooter instead"? I don't think so.

Elzar has a spot in BFront I'm sure.

Also, it's almost April, and will be soon time for a Spartan Company Spring Cleaning! Better get active if you still care. ;P

Akai__

Do we have any reason to believe that the Stream for the CU is this Friday? I haven't seen anything in the Bulletin, so my guess is the week afterwards.

Elzar has a spot in BFront I'm sure.

Also, it's almost April, and will be soon time for a Spartan Company Spring Cleaning! Better get active if you still care. ;P

Yeah, on that note... Can we get Elzar removed?

Fake Edit: 23 unranked people. Guess people played Warzone and Social this Season.

Slayer Torque is trash

It's trash that also has a way too high weighting.

EYEL1NER

I just had a Warzone match on Noctus end 1000-71. Enemy team swarmed all three bases and then trapped us in our core. It lasted only minutes and we never made it past REQ Lvl 2. We didn't even have half the team quit or anything, the other team was just that good. I don't know if I am gonna be able to play anymore today after a loss that bad.

Dear HaloGAF I'm very happy to inform you that Halo Wars is now backwards compatible with the Xbox One!

maxresdefault.jpg

I still remember getting excited about an RTS game on the Halo universe made by one of my favorite developers ENSEMBLE STUDIOS the creators of Age of Empires
Halo Wars is one of my top 10 favorite games of all time, in my opinion is the best console RTS game period it was fun, challenging and beautiful, the soundtrack, the cinematics etc I can't wait to play Halo Wars 2 this year ALL UNITS!

Both disk and digital work if you already own the digital copy just go to your ready to install section, or if you want to buy it here is the link to the store:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Halo-Wars/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d530808

If they want war . . . WE'LL GIVE THEM WAR!

Top Bottom