• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Hey, do you guys know of a website of some sort I could go to find people to play games with, so I don't have to play by myself? Like an on-line community of sorts?

pls respond

Like seriously. The crazy irony is that on "Warzone Saturday" we're making posts saying message if you want to play, hey we're playing, come play and on the same pages people were complaining about playing solo.

^never gets laid

Halo is more important.

That you didn't play with? Or did they just stop playing cuz "oooh new game shiny!"?

They stopped because the game had no social playlists at launch, and I'm noticeably better at Halo than they are. Hence, when we matched into ranked games, they'd get stomped because I'm Diamond and they're Bronze and Silver. Additionally, Warzone lost its appeal for them really quickly, so the potential for that mode to be a saving throw was out. They simply found other games to flock to, like Destiny and The Division. I stuck around and found some folks who I occasionally play with, but for the most part I matchmake solo, and would like something like that in Halo 5. CoD has "Mercenary", and Destiny has "Freelance", so something in that vein would be really helpful.

In other news, I got this today! First Legendary drop.

^ i hate you.

so jealous

Edit:

Wow. Twice within one play session , aka 30 mins, the halo 5 server gods kick me off when i use a rp boost.

Angry.gif

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
These would be my playlists:

Team Arena (Ranked)
Team Slayer (Ranked)
Solo Queue Team Arena (Ranked)
Swat (Ranked)
BTB (Social)
Social Slayer
Action Sack (Griffball, Fiesta and other gimmicks as they're added)
Rotating Social (Snipers, Arena, Strongholds, etc...)

#hirefata1moose

RIP yoga pants

I am willing to think it is since plenty of people here have never experienced it. My connection is a not-amazing 15Mbps/5 wireless so there is potential, although it never gave me a hint trouble in Titanfall or Destiny.

I'm not saying that teams need to go and I'm not "whining about teams" but rather saying the option for solo should be there, and if it is not then it is more incentive for someone like me, who mostly plays solo, to wait for a PvE mode before getting heavy into the game. Getting a team together whenever you want is actually not a simple thing, and someone not wanting to devote a lot of free time dive deep in the community of a game shouldn't bar the now-and-then player from getting something nice. Aside from this, even if I wanted to, it would be more difficult as someone coming to the franchise late and the particular game late. Who wants the guy still getting a feel for the gameplay who doesn't have any decent REQs to offer? Not many.

Responses here seem to affirm a common opinion that 1) Going solo you'll inevitably get dominated by teams and that is unenjoyable when it happens and 2) The answer is to assemble a team and dominate yourself. I don't think it's crazy to think that a balanced/enjoyable experience should be available for solo queue people, and I also don't think it is much of a "reward" for teaming up that you utterly dominate the other team with your exponentially increased tactics for every member added to your team. That's more of a snoozefest dial-a-win than a rewarding experience. If you happen to get set up against another team would be when it is rewarding.

Saying that it's best for me to wait for Firefight is not me saying the game is crap, so try not to read that into it. I'm just recognizing the nature of it and where I fit into that picture. That said, I just dropped into the middle of an already-going Warzone game where teams were around 600, so it seems they're at least trying to solve the issues of quitters. That's nice.

Almost everyone would like a solo-only playlist, but you're taking more effort to write these posts than it would take to scrape a team together. I can't even stream on twitch to my whole 12 followers without some random new person wanting to play. Invite random people who you notice aren't terribad in-game is also a pretty solid way to accrue people as well.

And actually, winning 1000:13 is pretty rewarding, but Warzone actually does seem to try to put parties together. We regularly see obvious clans.

These would be my playlists:

Team Arena (Ranked)
Team Slayer (Ranked)
Solo Queue Team Arena (Ranked)
Swat (Ranked)
BTB (Social)
Social Slayer
Action Sack (Griffball, Fiesta and other gimmicks as they're added)
Rotating Social (Snipers, Arena, Strongholds, etc...)

:lol

giphy.gif

All I wanted since day one. Come on 343.

EDIT: holy shit, bad gif is bad...

Warzone is not friendly to players just starting out. Once you unlock a long shot br and then the dmr things get a lot better. Takes a while to know how to approach attacking and defending as well as when to go after bosses or stay put. Unfortunately new players may not give it enough of a chance.

I like fatalmoose's playlist selection and im definitely in favor of a solo queue as well.

zZzWAT

That gametype is gutter trash, Stinkles. We all know it's because of you that it's still there.
MCC had it, but it was broke as hell so it got removed like a week or two in. I'm guessing they still haven't managed to figure out what the issue was on MCC's non-assigned party system and can't get it up to date.
Yeah, hopefully it returns at some point.
I really wish we had a proper action sack playlist filled with loads of wacky gametypes, fiesta included.
Very true lol. Long overdue for 4v4 and 8v8 Action Sack playlists.

Nowise10

How do pros like Ninja and Commonly get Champion in FFA? I feel like a lot of FFA games end up coming down to whoever had the better/worst spawns when winning. It just feels like it would be hard to get champion when luck plays a factor in getting 1st.

EYEL1NER

Edit:

Wow. Twice within one play session , aka 30 mins, the halo 5 server gods kick me off when i use a rp boost.

Angry.gif
That sucks. I obtained a Legendary RP Boost earlier and decided to use it right away but was intensely paranoid the entire match that there would be server problems and I would lose it. Thankfully there were no issues.

How do pros like Ninja and Commonly get Champion in FFA? I feel like a lot of FFA games end up coming down to whoever had the better/worst spawns when winning. It just feels like it would be hard to get champion when luck plays a factor in getting 1st.
How does anyone get champion? I don't think it's anything special. As a pro they just have great awareness, when to challenge, and a great shot.

> wins game

> "you have lost connection to server"

> wins another game

> "you have lost connection to server"

And now I'm banned from matchmaking. Fix this shit already. It's been happening all day and it's really fucking aggravating.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Warzone is not friendly to players just starting out. Once you unlock a long shot br and then the dmr things get a lot better. Takes a while to know how to approach attacking and defending as well as when to go after bosses or stay put. Unfortunately new players may not give it enough of a chance.
There are definitely a lot of pixels hidden in little notches on the horizon sporting longshots and DMRs. Trolly as fuck (because they aren't taking over anything), but expected, I suppose. I still have 54 common pieces left (mostly armor and emblems) so I'm unsure if I want to go through all those with bronze or start opening silvers to try for the better loadouts. The small chance will be there, but when going through bronze a fuckton of certifications opened up before loadouts so I wouldn't be surprised if that happens again.

1. Make Halo Wars 2 a MOBA
2.?????????
3. PROFIT

Well I was thinking about this the other day Warzone is already a MOBA sort of I mean we have the basic 2 bases to defend and then is the core, we have AI enemy's and bosses on the map, we have a currency system in the form of REQ levels, we can buy items (reqs) with our current currency and of course we have a team battle it you put the pieces together it makes sense so Halo Wars 2 could become a MOBA

What do you guys think about my theory?

P.S I want Halo Wars 2 to be an RTS game not a MOBA

mo60

RIP yoga pants

Almost everyone would like a solo-only playlist, but you're taking more effort to write these posts than it would take to scrape a team together. I can't even stream on twitch to my whole 12 followers without some random new person wanting to play. Invite random people who you notice aren't terribad in-game is also a pretty solid way to accrue people as well.

And actually, winning 1000:13 is pretty rewarding, but Warzone actually does seem to try to put parties together. We regularly see obvious clans.

I remember when we faced that one team on Saturday in Warzone Assault that was made up of members with levels literally greater than SR100 if I recall from multiple spartan companies like Whiskey, some members of the Triple Cap spartan company and members of the Twitch spartan company. If I recall that was one of the games we lost on Saturday.

Ryde3

The map rotation in BTB was alot better today, played almost every map and only a few repeats - such a change from yesterday.

When's Team Doubles coming? Does anyone know wen the next DLC is dropping?

mo60

The map rotation in BTB was alot better today, played almost every map and only a few repeats - such a change from yesterday.

When's Team Doubles coming? Does anyone know wen the next DLC is dropping?

The next dlc is dropping in early April.

Trup1aya

Who had the best spawns + who overcame having he worst spawns.

Sure there's some luck involved. But luck doesn't consistently net a player wins.

I remember when we faced that one team on Saturday in Warzone Assault that was made up of members with levels literally greater than SR100 if I recall from multiple spartan companies like Whiskey, some members of the Triple Cap spartan company and members of the Twitch spartan company. If I recall that was one of the games we lost on Saturday.

Yep. Compare this to Reach, where our party regularly had win streaks of 25 (edit: 25 games) or more. It's not perfect team matching, but it's pretty robust compared to previous games.

IHaveIce

Banned
You don't have be always 1st to rank up in FFA, I got from Plat 5 to Diamond 1 in FFA without getting 1st once lmao. System works great.

Poster#1

Reach is better than halo4, but that isn't saying much. It marked the end of balanced halo gameplay.

4 killed what remained of Halo's signature MP design.

Armor abilities would have been fine if it was limited to one mode like Invasion. I was surprised they didn't see anything wrong with Armor Lock. You can tell it was broken from the first match.

Despite all that, i still like it. Campaign is my favorite after Halo:CE :).

jfoul

Like seriously. The crazy irony is that on "Warzone Saturday" we're making posts saying message if you want to play, hey we're playing, come play and on the same pages people were complaining about playing solo.

Yeah, I don't understand this at all. We have this thread that doesn't move too fast when we're in between content updates. We have a Discord group that's great, but very few use it. We even have a forum for the Spartan Company on WP. Right now this is what we have to work with until 343i integrates the WP SR features into the game, if ever.

Maybe people are a bit shy to join in with others, or think they're above/below skill levels? I think the HaloGAF community could use a separate thread for grouping up. We could list our ranks in playlists, what time of day we play and so on.

Discord App Download (Android, IOS, Windows, WEB UI)

Poster#1

Yeah, I don't understand this at all. We have this thread that doesn't move too fast when we're in between content updates. We have a Discord group that's great, but very few use it. We even have a forum for the Spartan Company on WP.

Maybe people are a bit shy to join in with others, or think they're above/below skill levels? I think the HaloGAF community could use a separate thread for grouping up. We could list our ranks in playlists, what time of day we play and so on.

Discord App Download (Android, IOS, Windows, WEB UI)

That Discord link doesn't work....

mo60

Yep. Compare this to Reach, where our party regularly had win streaks of 25 or more. It's not perfect team matching, but it's pretty robust compared to previous games.

I haven't played reach much because I played it near the end of it's life, but it looked like we were going to win every single match we played in Warzone at one point on Saturday. The matchmaking system was smart enough to pit us against that team eventually.

I haven't played reach much because I played it near the end of it's life, but it looked like we were going to win every single match we played in Warzone at one point on Saturday. The matchmaking system was smart enough to pit us against that team eventually.

No, you really have no idea. We had nights where we had like 20 steaktaculars in a row.

At least Saturday, we had to win some close ones and come-from-behind and shit. Social matching used to be insane dong-party central. Was it fun? Sure, but it gets boring.

Dice

5th game tonight with a team of 8 that takes everything in under 5 minutes then kill farms for 12 minutes. I don't believe you that it tries to match teams with teams. I'm pretty sure it's completely random.

Edit: I would accept "Sorry you got kill farmed" gold pack commendations.

mo60

5th game tonight with a team of 8 that takes everything in under 5 minutes then kill farms for 12 minutes. I don't believe you that it tries to match teams with teams. I'm pretty sure it's completely random.

Almost all of the warzone matches I play are long drawn out matches or quick matches were players don't farm other players and just try to complete the objectives on the map I rarely do get into matches were the enemy team farms the other team. If the enemy team does capture all the bases we usually get at least one of them back.From what I heard what you experienced seems to be common for some people, but others don't experience it as much. I don't think warzone matches you randomly against other players if I recall.

Got disconnected so my friend quit the game, banned from Arena lol. It was his first quit.
New game is starting I wonder if the focus of Halo Wars 2 will be eSports like Halo 5 interesting
Can't wait to find out more. One thing I just thought of is its art style. I hope it doesn't get too busy with details, and I wonder what style it will be based on: classic or new designs.

Dice

Not a single normal game all night. Winning and losing is one thing but if you're shut out from really experiencing what the game is supposed to be at all it just isn't worth the time attempting to do so. See you at Firefight.

It tries, and is much better than older Halo games, but there's only so many people playing on a Monday night in the right regions.

Looking at your actual game history, you are getting beaten, not farmed. Your games are not total blowouts, the losing team got over 700 points 5/8 times tonight. That's better in terms of "evenness" than the 9 games I played last night, where that happened only 4/9 times. And those games were either solo or with two other people, one of which was TCKaos (noted non-pro) and other some dude from twitch who didn't have a mic and was perfectly average anyway.

But your personal performance is umm... well, you should get your internet checked out. If that's fine, you need to adjust your playstyle, because whatever you are doing is not working.

EDIT: Updated numbers.

jfoul

Not a single normal game all night. Winning and losing is one thing but if you're shut out from really experiencing what the game is supposed to be at all it just isn't worth the time attempting to do so. See you at Firefight.

Do you actively talk during matches? From my soling experience, even if I'm the only one doing call outs, my chances of winning increases drastically.

Top Bottom