• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

I just realized that the only BR skin I have unlocked is the fade skin, so I don't use it lol. I'm slowly unlocking more stuff though. I recently acquired the AR, DMR and SMG last dawn skins, as well as the pizza AR skin and lord of the fries pistol skin.

EDIT: rofl I almost posted a rant about how i haven't unlocked a single ultra rare req through normal silver packs. then i read the description of silver packs. Must. get. through. silver. packs. soon...

I have:
40/48 rare helmets
39/48 rare armors
12/19 rare visors
3/4 rare stances
6/7 rare assassinations
12/25 rare weapon skins

I do find it interesting how the weapon skins are the least common to unlock out of a silver pack. I'm like 65-75% or more through all the other stuff - less than 50% on skins. Well played 343. Well played. lol

A little dump from BTB last night.

Just seeing this loading after weeks/months of not finding matches gave me a semi:

Screenshot-Original.png

BTB strongholds shutout, sogood.gif:

Screenshot-Original.png

Rushing, and failing, to take an overkill further:
http://xboxclips.com/Ozzy+Onya+A2Z/8a01df65-075c-45a8-8041-60c92ab191e2

BXR (10s):
http://xboxclips.com/Ozzy+Onya+A2Z/0e1d044f-48fb-42d3-8838-6c3c94c6a22d

Bonus non-Halo clip, my son pulled his first KI Ultra. So proud, they grow up so fast :)
http://xboxclips.com/Ozzy+Onya+A2Z/2e1cc5b7-0274-441a-b76d-f62d86af0ba0

Glorious.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I use the standard BR (or classic, same zoom length) the entirety of my warzone matches. Sometimes I use a DMR but I often forget they since my variants are like REQ level 7. Here's the thing: I do perfectly fine without super long range weapons. You know why? I don't engage in super long range fights. You posted two clips (this was like 10 hours ago, I apologize.) In those clips, you keep trying to ping people way the fuck far away from yourself with your BR. You're not going to win that fight, you're never going to kill someone that far away. So stop shooting at them. In the second clip, instead of trying to shoot guys on top of the armory from the fortress ramp, just move into the fortress. Push out somewhere with your team. You need to get closer, because random pot shots on someone well outside the effective range of the BR are completely pointless.
The text in that post and then in a following post explain that I was intentionally doing what I would not otherwise only in order to demonstrate distances because earlier someone asked why I wouldn't just distance fight with the rest of my team if that is what they were doing.

It's a thing where distance fighting is pointless, yet going anywhere leads to multiple people at distance, so you're left only trying to move up behind cover (still difficult because they aren't dumb and often have flank covered from super distances) until you have close fights, yet if you manage it, the distance people are still shooting at you so you definitely lose solo. So I only agree with your one plan of "push out somewhere with your team" but that is precisely what you can't do in solo queue, which is the point I was making this whole time. I'm not saying things can't be dealt with in some manner, but how to deal with it for success wasn't something I was asking or the point I was making, nor was winning or losing rather than the experience along the way what I had in mind to discuss. I was saying the gameplay situations that often come up in solo WZ are not interesting because so much of this long range stuff becomes a perpetual nuisance, and that is why long-range weapons might make it a bit more sane.

In the meantime, BTB offers a lot more variety of weapon use by players and engagement distances, so until I have weapons to counter the long ranges of WZ, the gameplay in BTB is much more interesting when not playing with a team. That was the point of showing the nature of these engagements and how undesirable they are in the clips.

snip
In the meantime, BTB offers a lot more variety of weapon use by players and engagement distances, so until I have weapons to counter the long ranges of WZ, the gameplay in BTB is much more interesting when not playing with a team. That was the point of showing the nature of these engagements and how undesirable they are in the clips.

Man do I want BTB to open up starting weapons from WZ REQs. They have a brilliant set of variants right there for BTB. Bring it on I say.

Kibbles

Just had to download a 300mb system update and it took like 10min to download and another 10 minutes to apply the update. Is my Xbone just fucked or does it take a really long time to apply updates for everyone else? It's always been like this for me but I didn't realize how ridiculous it actually was until I noticed how small this update was and how long it took to apply.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Just had to download a 300mb system update and it took like 10min to download and another 10 minutes to apply the update. Is my Xbone just fucked or does it take a really long time to apply updates for everyone else? It's always been like this for me but I didn't realize how ridiculous it actually was until I noticed how small this update was and how long it took to apply.

It always takes a while.

4/10

Yeah, it's a big one. Took about that long for me.

Madness

Reading Marty's AMA on reddit. He was asked several times of returning to Halo but he stated he hadn't been asked. I think 343 should have at least put a feeler out for him when he was let go from Bungie. One of the questions was would you like to work with Kazuma Jinnouchi and he said sure. So it would be amazing if we got Marty for Halo 6 even to just do a small piece or one song with Kazuma etc. Maybe update the theme etc.

One thing I’ve begun to notice. My games during prime time hours are always complete garbage. I constantly have people randomly going AFK, quitting, or going extremely negative. When I play at different hours (late night or early morning); I notice these things a lot less and I have much closer games more consistently. I’m guessing it has something to do with the play base at these times. The off hours are going to have players more dedicated and competitive, while prime time is just a cluster fuck of different skill ranges.

Karl2177

According to the spreadsheet, I still have 36 Silvers to go. Got up to 10k points tonight. Thought about buying a Gold for the off chance of a H2BR or CE magnum, but went with the dub Silver.

Speaking of Doom, some certain poster on gaming side claims Doom MP is "what Halo was meant to be after 3".

Doom MP has loadouts, a exp level based unlock system, a perk-esque system to alter gameplay.

BraXzy

Im jk bro. Ready to hit onyx?

Finally placed in Team Arena, only got Diamond 3 but I was playing like trash. It was odd though because my last few matches were against Onyx's upwards of 2000 MMR so I guess I was way in the gutter to begin with lmao.

Watch this map trailer. Like two maps could pass as Meridian themed maps from Halo 5. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7alUjZ30n4o

Damn, I appreciate Halo 5's visuals even more now. The cartoony filter on Doom ain't my cup of tea, pardon my English.

Speaking of Doom, some certain poster on gaming side claims Doom MP is "what Halo was meant to be after 3".

Doom MP has loadouts, a exp level based unlock system, a perk-esque system to alter gameplay.

Dont pay attention to jumperz. His main goal in life is to shit on 343i halo games. He cant avoid throwin shade at them with any opportunity. Its sad really...

Braxzy - what about the goat playlist?
slayer

I was talking about the GAMEPLAY not the the other stuff you are talking about.

Oh and Btw the Loadouts arent gamechanging or anything. Its still in the Hands of the player to do the things with it. The Loadouts didnt bother in any kind of form in the Alpha.

Halo 5 has a XP based lvl system too. So yeah. XP Lvl stuff isnt a issue.

There isnt a Perk system. This are more like Burn Cards. You collect them and can activate this after a death.

So yeah i dont get your snarky comment.

Dont pay attention to jumperz. His main goal in life is to shit on 343i halo games.

Really sad that you cant deal with different opinions it seems. You are in love with the 343 shit. So what? Im not going at you and saying that people shouldnt bother with you.

Madness

I was talking about the GAMEPLAY not the the other stuff you are talking about.

Oh and Btw the Loadouts arent gamechanging or anything. Its still in the Hands of the player to do the things with it. The Loadouts didnt bother in any kind of form in the Alpha.

Halo 5 has a XP based lvl system too. So yeah. XP Lvl stuff isnt a issue.

There isnt a Perk system. This are more like Burn Cards. You collect them and can activate this after a death.

So yeah i dont get your snarky comment.

Really sad that you cant deal with different opinions it seems. You are in love with the 343 shit. So what? Im not going at you and saying that people shouldnt bother with you.

How is the gunplay? I feel that is a strong point for Halo 5. How does Doom's compare? Not liking the sound of burn cards though but after TitanFall I can see why they're in.

Madness

Went to Twitch and H5 has 30k viewers. Of course it's Summit! He definitely gave this game a popularity boost.

Double post but imagine if he was allowed to play H5 on PC. The number's would be crazy. He says he'd probably play it daily as would tons of other streamers. Halo Wars 2 reception will be a good gauge as for Halo to come back to PC in a strong way.

BraXzy

Double post but imagine if he was allowed to play H5 on PC. The number's would be crazy. He says he'd probably play it daily as would tons of other streamers. Halo Wars 2 reception will be a good gauge as for Halo to come back to PC in a strong way.

A tricky gauge though because it is a completely different genre. The majority of folks I know who like Halo weren't mad on Halo Wars.

Uwp is coming. Halo 5 as a uwp on pc is inevitable. Controller support only tho.

Sorry kb/mouse folks. Gotta have it all fair/equal for the 2017 hcs.

Jumperz - i only bring it up because you mention halo at almost every post i read from you. Even in a thread non related to halo. I love different opinions, but you... Nah ill stop now. Lol dont need to derail a thread.

MCC on PC would be an extremely good idea imo. I don't mind Halo 5 can staying exclusive to XBO, also they should put it on Games with Gold sometime next year. They would probably make a lot of money from the micro transactions. I think Halo Wars 2 will have a good reception on PC, it's an RTS and that's the platform of choice for it. There are not a lot of huge RTSs on the market either atm, so if HW 2 is decent, they'll make a lot of money from it.

Or just not do crossplay, or have 1 or 2 dedicated crossplay servers. Controller only would be lame.

Yeah it would, but for pc players to be eligable for the hcs, id assume that would have to be the requirement. Teams must play with xbox one certified controller to compete.

Idk im thinking small perhaps.

Madness

MCC on PC would be an extremely good idea imo. I don't mind Halo 5 can staying exclusive to XBO, also they should put it on Games with Gold sometime next year. They would probably make a lot of money from the micro transactions. I think Halo Wars 2 will have a good reception on PC, it's an RTS and that's the platform of choice for it. There are not a lot of huge RTSs on the market either atm, so if HW 2 is decent, they'll make a lot of money from it.

A fixed MCC would be gangbusters on PC. No 1080pr issues with H2A, and PC'ers finally get CE back with anniversary remastering, H2 with anniversary remastering, Halo 3 with its forge ability and campaign. Halo 4 and it's forge. H2A and it's forge and mp. And even ODST campaign.

I could see modders just go to town utilizing assets in between games, doing things with forge we haven't even seen on console.

Karl2177

I wouldn't touch Halo 5 if MCC got fixed on PC.

EDIT: Also if MCC were to go to PC, it wouldn't have ODST unless Microsoft wanted to shell more money Bungie's way for the rights to use it on PC.

I wouldn't touch Halo 5 if MCC got fixed on PC.

EDIT: Also if MCC were to go to PC, it wouldn't have ODST unless Microsoft wanted to shell more money Bungie's way for the rights to use it on PC.

I would probably still play H5 more. As much as I bitch about this game, I love it and can’t stop playing it. The gameplay is just too damn good; it’s almost perfect when it comes to a console shooter. It’s mainly just the content that's holding it back for me. I mean I’d play the shit out of some MCC on the PC. H2A on PC would be awesome, I'm still hoping for an E3 announce for it.

Halo MCC on Windows 10 seems like a perfect idea for me actually my theory is that we will indeed see a port of Halo MCC on Windows 10 at some point, Halo 5 will remain exclusive to the Xbox One but like Forza all future Halo games will be on Windows 10 and Xbox "Console" we already know that Halo Wars will launch in both so it could happen

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Okay being added into ongoing games is good in a way but obviously people quit games when they feel it is hopeless, so jumping into a game where you're already losing 700-300 and they have all your bases and are running mantises to your base is pretty lame. At least you get the REQ points really quickly.

Top Bottom