• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

singhr1

Phil Spencer on Halo on PC

"Halo 5 was shipped as a console game," he said. "If we're going to [bring Halo to PC] moving forward then we're going to plan on both platforms.

"I don't want to get into the world where we're looking back... it doesn't mean there's nothing [in Halo 5] that could ever end up on PC, but I'd much rather look forward with what our plans are."

Kind of what I expected. The amount of tech that went into making Halo 5 specifically for Xbox One hardware is a feat that I don't think would be an easy task to port to PCs of multiple hardware capabilities. Wouldn't be surprised for future Halo titles though, may depend on how these initial UWP games sell though. They seem to be getting better as the platform matures, the KI port seems really great outside the monitor refresh rate issue.

Phil Spencer on Halo on PC

Kind of what I expected. The amount of tech that went into making Halo 5 specifically for Xbox One hardware is a feat that I don't think would be an easy task to port to PCs of multiple hardware capabilities. Wouldn't be surprised for future Halo titles though, may depend on how these initial UWP games sell though. They seem to be getting better as the platform matures, the KI port seems really great outside the monitor refresh rate issue.

H5 dev cycle would have been in parallel or too early to make use of the current day strategy for unified games/apps. 343 already had enough to handle with Azure, studio and new X1 hardware let alone designing and developing with win10 in the mix too.

Moving forward things are A LOT easier to develop with multiple targets in mind, given the maturity of the platforms, experience and tools now.

TLDR - what Phil said.

Okay being added into ongoing games is good in a way but obviously people quit games when they feel it is hopeless, so jumping into a game where you're already losing 700-300 and they have all your bases and are running mantises to your base is pretty lame. At least you get the REQ points really quickly.
I'm not gonna lie. I love getting thrown into a game where we lose immediately after joining. I'm like freeeeeeeeeee req points woohooooooo! I got thrown into a losing game of assault the other day with like 30 seconds left. I challenged myself with the task of getting 1 kill before the game ended. I died... hahaha
Ugh, I need new REQs. I have 323,718 RP saved up so far, and I'm ready to spend!
needs to be a way where friends can donate req points for prestige points lol. 343 can release armor that's unlocked specifically by giving away points to friends. Call it the benevolent armor lol. gimme gimme gimme! :D

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'm not gonna lie. I love getting thrown into a game where we lose immediately after joining. I'm like freeeeeeeeeee req points woohooooooo! I got thrown into a losing game of assault the other day with like 30 seconds left. I challenged myself with the task of getting 1 kill before the game ended. I died... hahaha
Yeah I especially don't mind more points as the game started giving away stuff all the time as I have gotten closer to finishing commons. Now I have 10 left. Of course, I finally decided to use my rare boost and it disconnected... or something... I don't really know, it just exited to main menu without an error message.

singhr1

Is that the fortress on Skirmish at Darkstar? Hopefully it's not an actual capture point.

3029687-h5-guardians-warzone-skirmish-at-darkstar-map-est-02.jpg

Yo 343i.. I fckin love it.
..each walking corpse cackling with mad laughter that drowned out screams and shouts of defiance."

And a taste of firefight, right!?!!!!
The bosses you'll face may prove to be more formidable, as some Promethean bosses will zip around in hijacked UNSC vehicles, while other bosses can call in reinforcements.Players can also make use of various gates across the map, opening and closing them strategically to their benefit.

how spooky :p, hope this is just a tease of what we can expect within the next games
But anomalies abound beneath the battered surface as ancient machinery buried deep in the planet’s mantle stir to life, and the UNSC makes plans to once again revisit the surface in search of answers, regardless of what forces that intervention may unleash."

Ade

Prepare your eyeballs for some new Ghosts of Meridian hawtness. En route in just a few.

Any word on the whole Spartan Armoury pack issues yet? Having had to buy 8 due to them unlocking 2 at a time and the sharkhead ones been missing at first still annoys me (and has me about 400,000 reqs down).

Fuchsdh

Good to see more arena maps, and more arena maps that are not human-themed :)

Sucks the new arena map isn't nature-based, but better than UNSC I guess.

Honestly going back and replaying H4 maps in SWAT, I'd really love a remake of Solace. Just make the bases symmetrical and clean out the clutter on the side paths, and I think it'd play great. The map is gorgeous too.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Any word on the whole Spartan Armoury pack issues yet? Having had to buy 8 due to them unlocking 2 at a time and the sharkhead ones been missing at first still annoys me (and has me about 400,000 reqs down).

Totally understand the frustration, I'll get some more info from the team.

Yeah I especially don't mind more points as the game started giving away stuff all the time as I have gotten closer to finishing commons. Now I have 10 left. Of course, I finally decided to use my rare boost and it disconnected... or something... I don't really know, it just exited to main menu without an error message.
I sell all my victory boosts and sometimes will sell the common quality xp boosts. I only use gambit assist boosts in wz assault and the gambit kill boosts in regular wz. And I use all my RP boosts.

singhr1

Best part of the update

The bosses you'll face may prove to be more formidable, as some Promethean bosses will zip around in hijacked UNSC vehicles, while other bosses can call in reinforcements. Players can also make use of various gates across the map, opening and closing them strategically to their benefit.

DYNAMIC ELEMENTS

Strider

A map designed for CTF has me excited... Plus I have enough req points saved up for everything they are adding. Bring on the update :)

jfoul

pls release soon.

What do you make of Tyrant and Skirmish at Darkstar? Let us know in the comments below! And be on the lookout later this afternoon, as 343 Industries will share even more details on Ghosts of Meridian.

Madness

Just sold every req I owned (except for a couple), got 260K reqs in return. Feels good.

I think I should do this too. Don't play as much but want to finally finish off silver and every update brings me back down adding more common and uncommon and rare. So I'm thinking to clean house once and then just buy silver and start the req hoarding again.

I think I should do this too. Don't play as much but want to finally finish off silver and every update brings me back down adding more common and uncommon and rare. So I'm thinking to clean house once and then just buy silver and start the req hoarding again.
I think the decision to keep adding common to uncommon reqs, even rare ones, is a bad one. Unless you're going to make them something legitimately interesting/useful, it just screws over all the people who haven't finished their reqs yet. I'm not saying i don't like new content. In fact, I don't know what I'm saying, so I'll stop now.

Part of me wants to do this, but the hoarder inside demands I hold on.

Besides, I'll need all the weapons I can get for Firefight.

Right guys? Right?

Please validate my pack rat tendencies.
mjcry1.png

MaGlock

I sell everything except the weapons I need commendations for only about 20% through golds right now though.

Unlocked shinobi armor and helmet on monday!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
LOOOOOOL

Just lost to the thirstiest team I've ever seen. We had a pretty good lead over them but they kept the fortress and our team wasn't very organized, so eventually they got all their shit together and went desperate full-force on one thing at a time and managed to get all 3 bases and from there they went SO HARD, straight up cranked it to 11. They pulled out a banshee, mantis, like 5 tanks, countless ghosts and warthogs, lots of rocket launchers and snipers, camo w/ sword guys sneaking in, etc. We successfully kept them off our core but under that assault couldn't get out to bosses that spawned a couple of them were running those. We certainly made them work and spend the REQs for it.

BraXzy

Prepare your eyeballs for some new Ghosts of Meridian hawtness. En route in just a few.

My eyeballs weren't ready, I didn't see this in time!

Loving the look of both maps, it is indeed nice to see a non-UNSC map.

I really really want maps set in the various gorgeous areas of the campaign though, or inspired by them at least. Keep it coming!

BraXzy

Part of me wants to do this, but the hoarder inside demands I hold on.

I bit the bullet recently on all my REQs and sold the majority but anything worthwhile I kept5 of. So ultra ghosts, beam rifles etc. I kept all my snipers but other things like basic Needlers I sold all of. Hoard in doses ;)

Fuchsdh

Usually we get more advance notice of a stream, though, right? I'd say it's more likely we get a stream early next week and it drops before Friday.

Top Bottom