• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Usually we get more advance notice of a stream, though, right? I'd say it's more likely we get a stream early next week and it drops before Friday.

I'm thinking this - post about the patch today, stream tomorrow. tuesday/wednesday the patch drops and becomes live.

or like you said, a stream monday/tuesday and the patch drops tues/wed

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I think I should do this too. Don't play as much but want to finally finish off silver and every update brings me back down adding more common and uncommon and rare. So I'm thinking to clean house once and then just buy silver and start the req hoarding again.

I also may do this as well

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I sold a ton of stuff and finished up getting all commons! Good grief that was some hardcore grinding.

Also I guess I did pretty well compared to the #1 person on my team that last game seeing as how they're a SR129 Onyx player.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/next-halo-5-free-dlc-maps-revealed-see-them-here/1100-6436142/

New maps are Skirmish at Darkstar and Tyrant.

Tyrant is Arena, and a small-scale symmetrical map that was made for Capture the Flag and Assault game types

Skirmish at Darkstar has a different intro. Starts you off in the middle of the map and it is the smallest, but most dense Warzone map.

Ugh at this:

"'For Skirmish at Darkstar we have a new intro experience where players are dropped into the middle of the action. Both teams have a clear objective that creates confrontation from the beginning,' Holmes said."

Sounds suspiciously like another March on Stormbreak, where whichever team gets Commander Lochagos at the very beginning gets a huge lead early on that's hard to pull back.

Ugh at this:

"'For Skirmish at Darkstar we have a new intro experience where players are dropped into the middle of the action. Both teams have a clear objective that creates confrontation from the beginning,' Holmes said."

Sounds suspiciously like another March on Stormbreak, where whichever team gets Commander Lochagos at the very beginning gets a huge lead early on that's hard to pull back.

Can't wait for someone to pop up from a drop-pod and get run over instantly from an enemy AI who is driving a warthog - mad max style.

hehehehehe

Evil-Laughing-Baby-Meme-01.jpg

Ugh at this:

It also looks like it has a Fortress, which is the worst designed capture point in Warzone.

"March on Stormbreak is by far the worst Warzone map, so let's take queues from that!"

Hopefully it'll play better. It doesn't look like there's a choke point that requires walking miles around, so at least there's that.

Only one more war zone map after this then right according the info graph anyhow. Any idea on how many more arena maps?

16+ DLC maps so that 3 WZ, 3 WZ Assault and 10 Arena, which means 6 more Arena maps. And that was the initial plan they could go beyond that.

MaGlock

16+ DLC maps so that 3 WZ, 3 WZ Assault and 10 Arena, which means 6 more Arena maps. And that was the initial plan they could go beyond that.

Still need the rig remix we saw in the Sprint episode. Wonder if memories of reach will have a remake of a reach map. And if it does which would you guys like?

Fuchsdh

In other words: answer those surveys with "more maps" and keep buying REQ packs :p

6 more maps with four more content updates seems reasonable, although I'm not sure if Warzone Firefight throws any wrenches into the works on that regard.

It also looks like it has a Fortress, which is the worst designed capture point in Warzone.

"March on Stormbreak is by far the worst Warzone map, so let's take queues from that!"

Hopefully it'll play better. It doesn't look like there's a choke point that requires walking miles around, so at least there's that.
I don't know about that. It's my favorite map, so it must be doing something right. My least favorite warzone maps are escape from the arc and the battle of notcus.
Stormbreak>Apex>Noctus>A.R.C.

Still need the rig remix we saw in the Sprint episode. Wonder if memories of reach will have a remake of a reach map. And if it does which would you guys like?

A Rig and Coliseum remix, plus a remix of Torque and Tyrant. That leaves 1 new map + its remix.

I don't know about that. It's my favorite map, so it must be doing something right. My least favorite warzone maps are escape from the arc and the battle of notcus.
Stormbreak>Apex>Noctus>A.R.C.

Wow, while opinions can't technically be wrong you went and did it!

Stormbreak has awful map flow, even if you own the fortress + 1 armory you're still forced into a bottleneck where the other team will be. All paths converge into the same area. Then there's the possible 150 deficit at the beginning of the game from Lochagos. The Fortress almost never gets captured once it's taken initially. It's far too easy to defend, by the time you clear the fortress + kill the marines the other team can either respawn and run to contest or just spawn a vehicle and contest. The only time you ever see it captured is when the Warden spawns and by then the game is all but over. It has no redeeming factors.

Stormbreak grows on me, actually.

The early spawn of a legendary does not, in my experience, sway games that weren't going to be swayed by other factors anyway. A good team is a good team.

Haruko

Hmm, is the RP reward for Warzone Turbo matches going to be high to compensate for all of the REQ spending to be had within?

Strider

It's not like they're forcing you to use reqs so nah I highly doubt you'll get extra RP.

The last thing the weekend WZ playlist would need is people afk farming an increased amount of RP. Assault is bad enough already....

Haruko

It's not like they're forcing you to use reqs lol so nah I highly doubt you'll get extra RP.

The last thing the weekend WZ playlist would need is people afk farming an increased amount of RP. Assault is bad enough already....

I wouldn't mind if it was somehow tied in to how many REQs you called in during the match. Not sure if it's possible, but it may help combat AFK farmers

It's not like they're forcing you to use reqs so nah I highly doubt you'll get extra RP.

Assault is almost unplayable because of how often people go AFK or just quit. I can't believe it's still in ranked. It also shows up way more frequently than any other gametype.

Just had a comeback from a 36-46 Slayer game. Ending the game at 50-49. My hands are shaking.

https://youtu.be/TsQFYceNZS8?t=71

Stormbreak has awful map flow, even if you own the fortress + 1 armory you're still forced into a bottleneck where the other team will be. All paths converge into the same area. Then there's the possible 150 deficit at the beginning of the game from Lochagos. The Fortress almost never gets captured once it's taken initially. It's far too easy to defend, by the time you clear the fortress + kill the marines the other team can either respawn and run to contest or just spawn a vehicle and contest. The only time you ever see it captured is when the Warden spawns and by then the game is all but over. It has no redeeming factors.

Yes. The frozen cave is not an adequate alternate path for infantry from Armory to Armory. And not only is Fortress super hard to capture but Wamik spawns right outside, so they don't even need to leave to get the second major boss. Vehicle contesting just makes it all worse.

Yeah, you can recover if you don't get Lochagos, but it puts you in a severe point deficit way too early. Lochagos is also extra extra dumb because he's the easiest 150 point boss to kill, making it less of an actual fight and more of a race with splinter nades. If he were as challenging as the Hunters on spire, it would probably be less of a problem, since it would require some strategy to get him and fight off the other team.

The weapons should all be holograms that adopt the skin you have set for it once picked up. That way they could add skins for power weapons.

Akai__

Reached my goal for this Season:

43PylSu.png

And the game is literally going crazy right now. Profile Synch Errors. Emblems reset, SR reset, etc. etc.

A Rig and Coliseum remix, plus a remix of Torque and Tyrant. That leaves 1 new map + its remix.

I don't disagree that having the boss at the beginning is a bad idea, but I enjoy the flow on stormbreak overall. A team can't monopolize multiple bases from one point on the map, which is probably what I like the most about it. It's fairly linear , which means it's a give-and-take or tug-of-war style map. It's not Noctus or Arc where you can technically hold down 2 to 3 bases at the same time from a single point. And honestly, I couldn't care less about winning in warzone. It's always a crap shoot anyway.

I play almost entirely solo. So i'm more interested in whether or not a map affords me enjoyment by running around and trying to do different things during the game. Stormbreak offers several routes with lots of cover. And since it's spread out so well, I'm not getting pinged everywhere I go and not constantly encountering vehicles. So i don't think i'm wrong in saying it's a good map. It is hard to take back the middle base on stormbreak, but the middle base isn't needed to win, and by holding the middle base, a team allows their other base or bases to be quite vulnerable. I love stormbreak, bad opinion or not. I also feel like the middle bases on noctus and arc are equally hard to take back once lost.

Karl2177

Eh, I think Escape from ARC is worse than March on Stormbreak, but not by much. Most of Stormbreak's problems lay in the design of the Fortress itself and relative to the rest of the map. The Lochagos encounter is different--which is good that it is different-- but having him be worth 150 VP isn't good. To me the biggest problem with March on Stormbreak is that all the entrances to the Fortress are on one half of the structure. This is somewhat of a two edged sword, though. On the positive side, it means players have to leave the Fortress if they want to get Warden. On the down side, it means that players attacking the Fortress are walking into a hell of a bottleneck.

ARC has the problem of not having enough routes for players to take. There's only 2 ways for a player to approach an Armory from their own base. There's only 1 path from Armory to Armory. There's only 1 path from Home Base to Garage. The vehicle paths on the map force players into pinch points, instead of allowing for a stealth route. All of the Legendary bosses are under the sphere of influence of the Garage. The team that controls the Garage can prevent the other team from even getting to the Legendary bosses by holding these two sightlines.

arc-sightlines.png

Ryde3

So hype we're getting an Arena map... the screenshot reminds me of the bottom hallway of Haven form H4.

The new Warzone map looks dope too. I hope the DLC surprisingly comes out tomorrow!

Top Bottom