• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Karl2177

The weapons should all be holograms that adopt the skin you have set for it once picked up. That way they could add skins for power weapons.

AFAIK, this wouldn't work because the weapons on the map are loaded into memory with the map, while loadout weapons are loaded into memory with the gametype(after querying the server for each player's personal skins).

For new page:

Eh, I think Escape from ARC is worse than March on Stormbreak, but not by much. Most of Stormbreak's problems lay in the design of the Fortress itself and relative to the rest of the map. The Lochagos encounter is different--which is good that it is different-- but having him be worth 150 VP isn't good. To me the biggest problem with March on Stormbreak is that all the entrances to the Fortress are on one half of the structure. This is somewhat of a two edged sword, though. On the positive side, it means players have to leave the Fortress if they want to get Warden. On the down side, it means that players attacking the Fortress are walking into a hell of a bottleneck.

ARC has the problem of not having enough routes for players to take. There's only 2 ways for a player to approach an Armory from their own base. There's only 1 path from Armory to Armory. There's only 1 path from Home Base to Garage. The vehicle paths on the map force players into pinch points, instead of allowing for a stealth route. All of the Legendary bosses are under the sphere of influence of the Garage. The team that controls the Garage can prevent the other team from even getting to the Legendary bosses by holding these two sightlines.

arc-sightlines.png

So hype we're getting an Arena map... the screenshot reminds me of the bottom hallway of Haven form H4.

The new Warzone map looks dope too. I hope the DLC surprisingly comes out tomorrow!

That would be funny, "Sorry guys we're missing March...BY 1 DAY, HERE'S 2 MAPS!!!!! AND YOU GET A REQ AND YOU GET A REQ!"

Don't know why 343 turned into Oprah at the end, happens to the best of us.

When I'm regulated to the pistol only I usually end up doing really well and having top spartan kills, which is funny. I actually think it's a lot of fun, the pistol is the GOAT utility weapon.

Cranster

Banned
Eh, I think Escape from ARC is worse than March on Stormbreak, but not by much. Most of Stormbreak's problems lay in the design of the Fortress itself and relative to the rest of the map. The Lochagos encounter is different--which is good that it is different-- but having him be worth 150 VP isn't good. To me the biggest problem with March on Stormbreak is that all the entrances to the Fortress are on one half of the structure. This is somewhat of a two edged sword, though. On the positive side, it means players have to leave the Fortress if they want to get Warden. On the down side, it means that players attacking the Fortress are walking into a hell of a bottleneck.

ARC has the problem of not having enough routes for players to take. There's only 2 ways for a player to approach an Armory from their own base. There's only 1 path from Armory to Armory. There's only 1 path from Home Base to Garage. The vehicle paths on the map force players into pinch points, instead of allowing for a stealth route. All of the Legendary bosses are under the sphere of influence of the Garage. The team that controls the Garage can prevent the other team from even getting to the Legendary bosses by holding these two sightlines.

arc-sightlines.png
Agreed, Escape From Arc is my least favourite map for those reasons, that and how close each Armory is to one another.

RyanW

Really sad that you cant deal with different opinions it seems. You are in love with the 343 shit. So what? Im not going at you and saying that people shouldnt bother with you.

I hope you realize that there is so much irony in this that it makes you hypocritical

i'd have to rank escapre from arc low too. even though i love the setting that you're on the ocean floor with a wall of water as your background. so awesome. But the map set up is kind of meh.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Warzone Turbo up huh? Looks like I need to get some Halo in this weekend...

"Warzone Turbo is fiesta-esque mayhem on a gigantic scale, where you are instantly placed at Level 9 as soon as your Home Base is secure, and are imbued with near-instantaneous energy regeneration. Everything is fair game as players have access to their entire REQ inventory for the full duration of the match."

nillapuddin

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/warzone-turbo

warzone-turbo-banner-951077c711f8405696b5d4231bef18c7.jpg

This morning, a special little game mode we like to call Warzone Turbo landed on the matchmaking shores of Halo 5: Guardians. What is this “Warzone Turbo” thing? We thought you’d never ask! Actually, we knew you would – which is why we grabbed Lead Multiplayer Designer Lawrence Metten to give you the inside scoop.

Warzone Turbo is fiesta-esque mayhem on a gigantic scale, where you are instantly placed at Level 9 as soon as your Home Base is secure, and are imbued with near-instantaneous energy regeneration. Everything is fair game as players have access to their entire REQ inventory for the full duration of the match.

Funny enough, originally we had no plans to ever release Warzone Turbo. We created the game type at the request of our test team so that they could more efficiently test Warzone features and functionality without having to wait to level up or refill energy. Then one day we made the “mistake” of giving the mode a whirl during our afternoon studio playtest. It was incredibly chaotic and surprisingly a ton of fun to play, which inevitably led to a long and drawn out internal discussion that went something like this:

“Should we ship this?”

“We can’t not ship this!”

After a bit of extra polish, a couple tuning tweaks, and a handful of scattered adjustments later and Warzone Turbo is ready foryour enjoyment. I look forward to jumping into the playlist and joining the pandemonium with you all this weekend!

Couldn’t have said it better ourselves, Lawrence. Warzone Turbo is available now until Monday morning, April 4th, so make sure you take part in the furious fracas while you can! And be sure to let us know what you think about Warzone Turbo in this dedicated feedback thread on Waypoint’s forums.

We’ll see you online, Spartans!

BraXzy

Dunno about you guys but I'd love to see REQ betting in the game. Have an option at the start to put down X amount of REQ points and if you win you get that as a bonus reward. Gotta work harder for that W.

Dunno about you guys but I'd love to see REQ betting in the game. Have an option at the start to put down X amount of REQ points and if you win you get that as a bonus reward. Gotta work harder for that W.

Someone should tweet this out to Quincy or whoever is in charge

Sounds like a waste of reqs if you ask me. But I really don't care about WZ that much. I haven't played it since we got Achilles. Only time I touch it is WZ Saturdays.

singhr1

Sounds like a waste of reqs if you ask me. But I really don't care about WZ that much. I haven't played it since we got Achilles. Only time I touch it is WZ Saturdays.

It's time to break out the speedboosts and bayonets. The spartan lasers and mantises. The plasma casters and scout hogs. The damage boosts and rocket turrets.

I.e. the stuff you wouldn't use often in regular warzone if you didn't want to sell them everytime.

Fuchsdh

It's time to break out the speedboosts and bayonets. The spartan lasers and mantises. The plasma casters and scout hogs. The damage boosts and rocket turrets.

I.e. the stuff you wouldn't use often in regular warzone if you didn't want to sell them everytime.

This man gets it.

Really the Plasma Casters is going to be the last weapon REQ I level up. It's amazing when I get a kill with it.

I was excited about wz turbo until I realized that you don't have free access to all the weapons and boosts. Instead, you have to burn your own cards. I'd like a no holds bars version where you have access to everything without needing to spend your own req stuff. I'll stay in regular wz. I need to save req points not waste them right now lol.

Akai__

We should play together. I'm solo 1700+, so both of us together could be 3400!!

That would be cool, but I'm already playing with 3 german maniacs.

Huge props to you, since playing Solo and being 1700 probably requires a lot more patience and maybe even more skill. Would never do that.

jem0208

Huge props to you, since playing Solo and being 1700 probably requires a lot more patience and maybe even more skill. Would never do that.

I grinded from Diamond 1 to Onyx in January in the Slayer playlist, it was pretty rough. Thankfully in February I got placed at Onyx 1700 so that was nice.

MaGlock

I joined one day in that group, I will say the German version of that's Fucking bullshit made me giggle. "NEIN!!!"

Standard "can only comment on what's been announced" lol.

Can she see her reflection on Frankie's head?

Trick question: I know you can see your reflection, but I need to know if she's a vampire.

I'm sure I'll regret this for quite some time, but I couldn't bring myself to ask this.

Are there more surprises after Firefight is released for halo 5?

She wouldn't get into specifics but the implication seemed that they're pretty committed to post launch support for Halo 5. That said, probably don't read into that a lot. I definitely didn't get anything more than standard PR.

I was excited about wz turbo until I realized that you don't have free access to all the weapons and boosts. Instead, you have to burn your own cards. I'd like a no holds bars version where you have access to everything without needing to spend your own req stuff. I'll stay in regular wz. I need to save req points not waste them right now lol.

My plan
Equip DMR, pick off dudes that wasted their req, pick up their weapon, profit.

Standard "can only comment on what's been announced" lol.

I'm sure I'll regret this for quite some time, but I couldn't bring myself to ask this.

She wouldn't get into specifics but the implication seemed that they're pretty committed to post launch support for Halo 5. That said, probably don't read into that a lot. I definitely didn't get anything more than standard PR.

Now the real question. chicken or steak?

Akai__

I grinded from Diamond 1 to Onyx in January in the Slayer playlist, it was pretty rough. Thankfully in February I got placed at Onyx 1700 so that was nice.

Whenever my friends are not there, I play with a smurf account, but that's about it.

Like I said, props to all of you.

I joined one day in that group, I will say the German version of that's Fucking bullshit made me giggle. "NEIN!!!"

That's pretty much everyones reaction when people outside Germany join us. haha :D

Top Bottom