• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Look at the amazing teammate I have here. WTF SERIOUSLY WTF, it blows my mind that people can be this dumb.

giphy.gif

On the bright side, I finally finished my Slayer commendations. Gimme my eyeball!

Tuesday livestream probably means the update will hit within that week.

But I haven't played Halo for two weeks and my Silver progress stayed there like forever. I WANT A 50 SILVER PACK BUNDLE.

Karl2177

I'm also pretty happy to see that they are adding SWAT DMRs and mixing up the weighting in SWAT. I stopped playing it because SWATnums multiple times in a row was getting to be pretty lame-o.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty sure Halo 5 will easy be my most played Halo. Think I had just over a 1000 games of Halo 2. I'm already at 479 arena games and 142 warzone. I didn't really get into the MP a month or so after launch.

Madness

I'm also pretty happy to see that they are adding SWAT DMRs and mixing up the weighting in SWAT. I stopped playing it because SWATnums multiple times in a row was getting to be pretty lame-o.

Same they teased SWAT DMR's back in December so good to see it finally come in and SWATnums gets the backburner. Like 7 of 10 matches I'd get SWATnums instead of regular SWAT.

Nowise10

I'm pretty sure the "skip cutscene" function in Halo 5's campaign is rigged. I don't understand why they would do it, but I am pretty sure it is. It always ALWAYS says "Loading..." no matter what, until you hit a certain point in the cutscenes (which is usually over 30 seconds into them). If you start a cutscene, pause the game and wait 30 minutes and come back, the game will still claim to be loading until it hits the marked spot in the cutscene. Everytime same spot. Its annoying.

And the fact you can't restart missions in Halo 5 in the pause menu is annoying. And the fact you can't cancel missions if you click "start" accidentally on the main menu is annoying.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Brought a rocket launcher to warden but got killed by a tank around the corner, it spawned me on the other side of the level which was good so I could get the tank with the next life but died doing it from sniper behind me, like 7 of my teammates with small arms were on the other side of the tunnel near the rocket launcher but nobody picked it up and we lost warden and the match. Voice chat could definitely help sometimes.

EYEL1NER

I just had a pretty fun couple hours.
I didn't realize that you could sell REQs once you were out of the opening status until I saw people mentioning it a page or two ago, so I went in and sold a ton of stuff like Aversious types of Mongoose that I will never use. Managed to finish up my bronzes and start on silvers because of it.
I also started playing the new weekend Warzone variant and while I initially thought I would hate it, since I don't have any cool high-level REQs (not even one Scorpion or Mantis from my Warzone bundle leftover), I still had fun with the SMG with the stabilization jets to prevent recoil and whatever my highest-level DMR with a laser sight is. I had Advanced Sensors equipped and was doing some pretty good jobs of defending bases with that SMG and the armor upgrade combo. And this new Warzone mode gives out a shitton of XP, took me from 30 to 35 pretty quickly even when losing some. I joined one match in progress against a team that was already losing and down by two bases, only got maybe two kills, and still got enough XP to jump a full rank. I'm digging the amount of XP I am getting now that my Promotion Commendation packs seem to be giving me some cool stuff.
This was a pretty satisfying night though.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I just had a pretty fun couple hours.
I didn't realize that you could sell REQs once you were out of the opening status until I saw people mentioning it a page or two ago, so I went in and sold a ton of stuff like Aversious types of Mongoose that I will never use. Managed to finish up my bronzes and start on silvers because of it.
I also started playing the new weekend Warzone variant and while I initially thought I would hate it, since I don't have any cool high-level REQs (not even one Scorpion or Mantis from my Warzone bundle leftover), I still had fun with the SMG with the stabilization jets to prevent recoil and whatever my highest-level DMR with a laser sight is. I had Advanced Sensors equipped and was doing some pretty good jobs of defending bases with that SMG and the armor upgrade combo. And this new Warzone mode gives out a shitton of XP, took me from 30 to 35 pretty quickly even when losing some. I joined one match in progress against a team that was already losing and down by two bases, only got maybe two kills, and still got enough XP to jump a full rank. I'm digging the amount of XP I am getting now that my Promotion Commendation packs seem to be giving me some cool stuff.
This was a pretty satisfying night though.
I had a pretty good game in terms of killing for defense/offense, and that involved 3 killing sprees. I died like 5-7 times pretty rapidly in a crazy situation fighting over the Phaeton, but nobody was really doing anything else at the time so I figured it was fine. Strangely low amount of vehicles and snipes that game, though. I kept getting into fights around spire and expecting to get picked off from a mile away but it didn't happen, just normal fights. Maybe everyone who has good shit is in Turbo right now.

It's really nice being in silvers. Dat guarantee of items.

nillapuddin

Honest to fucking god they need to just remove the "Mk V" Helmet from this game.

It looks so fucking stupid and bad and ugly and dumb and ick and akjnhsdfkjnsfsdf

Its a disgrace to the name

Should have used the new Mk IV armor set for the banner image, atleast thats a good lookin set

singhr1

Tuesday livestream probably means the update will hit within that week.

But I haven't played Halo for two weeks and my Silver progress stayed there like forever. I WANT A 50 SILVER PACK BUNDLE.

Yeah, it says scheduled to drop next week. It would be cool if that during one of the livestreams they drop it with "AND IT'S AVAILABLE NOW!"

For April Fools they should have all the unranked playlists spawn you in using random REQ weaponry.

Also, I'm worried about that Grenadier armor mod.

EDIT: double also, Endurance-of-Will better be dual-wielding Open Hands.

Fuchsdh

Wooh, last game of the night yesterday got me enough to get one more silver pack... and in it was a glorious pair of 1500 RP refunds. Done with silvers! Guess I should just save up RP for the next batch of bronze and silvers that'll hit with this update before I start in on gold.

Madness

They look awesome - but I wish they were a higher rarity, I tend to try and only equip legendary cause reasons.

Biggest issue with the customization for me. It's all arbitrary. Some common and uncommon visors look better than ultra rare or legendary and yet no one will equip them solely due to rarity. Same for armor. Psychologically I only like equipping the legendary and ultra rare stuff even if I don't like it best. I will keep my crossed swords rare emblem over everything else though.

E92 M3

Biggest issue with the customization for me. It's all arbitrary. Some common and uncommon visors look better than ultra rare or legendary and yet no one will equip them solely due to rarity. Same for armor. Psychologically I only like equipping the legendary and ultra rare stuff even if I don't like it best. I will keep my crossed swords rare emblem over everything else though.

See, I only care about equipping stuff that looks cool. And some common stuff is great.

MaGlock

Yeah those blue skins are sick, those supressors better be awesome I still need 71 more kills with it. Slowly progressing through the weapon commendations

Ryde3

Haha ya, my emblem is the exception, been using the spade since Halo 2 so I'll always use it - it's kind of my trademark now.

Top Bottom