• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Nowise10

Wow, longest I've had was 12 min I think.

First match I quit today I got a 40 minute ban. Second match I just got a 3 hour ban.

Yesterday I only quit out of one slayer match that was unplayable laggy for everyone in the match, and the two times I got Anti-Freeze because the map is so incredibly boring, so 3 quits total in the 23 matches I played yesterday.

Totally deserved to be banned for 4 hours lmao.

Your profile says you have six DNF games on April 1st.

What? I'm looking at my game history right now on HaloWaypoint.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/.../nowise10?gameModeFilter=All&start=0&count=10

EDIT: Ah maybe since 11 PM last night. I played a lot of games last night which I was counting as yesterday but I guess the servers could still see it as today. Still shit

What? I'm looking at my game history right now on HaloWaypoint.

Slayer Eden DNF 4/1/2016
Slayer Plaza DNF 4/1/2016
Slayer Empire DNF 4/1/2016
Big Team CTF Anitfreeze DNF 4/1/2016
Big Team Slayer Scavenger DNF 4/1/2016

That's six quits in a 24 hour period.

Nowise10

Slayer Eden DNF 4/1/2016
Slayer Plaza DNF 4/1/2016
Slayer Empire DNF 4/1/2016
Big Team Slayer Scavenger DNF 4/1/2016

That's six quits in a 24 hour period.

3 of those have Join in Progress, Empire match was unplayable laggy. So 6 matches out of the 29 I've played in the past 24 hours deserves a 4 hour total ban?

3 of those have Join in Progress, Empire match was unplayable laggy. So 6 matches out of the 29 I've played in the past 24 hours deserves a 4 hour total ban?

In my view, yes. There are times I'd don't mind people quitting. If the game is too laggy and unplayable that's fine. If you're are severely down, 1v4 for example, that's fine. But for the typical oh I don't like this map, or the oh my k/d or w/l ratio, ban away. I'm all for harsh punishment, it's only way to get people to pay attention. Swallow your pride and just finish the game.

Glass

I'll ask in here because its too nooby a question for the Forge OT, but how do I add kill volumes to objects? Like I want to have a mancannon just send you into a wall and have it kill you instantly.

Nowise10

In my view, yes. There are times I'd don't mind people quitting. If the game is too laggy and unplayable that's fine. If you're are severely down, 1v4 for example, that's fine. But for the typical oh I don't like this map, or the oh my k/d or w/l ratio, ban away. I'm all for harsh punishment only way to get people to pay attention. Swallow your pride and just finish the game.

How is quitting out of a social, join in progress game doing any harm? I'm not going to play something I don't enjoy that is in a social playlist for 16 minutes (Anti-Freeze..), so I quit out immediately. I should get punished because they won't have a teammate for 30 seconds? That is BS.

I don't like quitters either when I am playing something ranked, like Team Arena. Your limited teammates are vital. I did it today with two matches because I was frustrated, sure put me on probation first or something.

They're just pushing out a fan from their game for no real reason. I was completely surprised to get banned after leaving my first game today.

blamite

I'm pretty sure the "skip cutscene" function in Halo 5's campaign is rigged. I don't understand why they would do it, but I am pretty sure it is. It always ALWAYS says "Loading..." no matter what, until you hit a certain point in the cutscenes (which is usually over 30 seconds into them). If you start a cutscene, pause the game and wait 30 minutes and come back, the game will still claim to be loading until it hits the marked spot in the cutscene. Everytime same spot. Its annoying.

And the fact you can't restart missions in Halo 5 in the pause menu is annoying. And the fact you can't cancel missions if you click "start" accidentally on the main menu is annoying.

I mean... there's only so much the console can have loaded at a time, so of course you're gonna have to wait to load the new stuff until you can deload the stuff you don't need anymore. Considering that the cutscenes are (almost) all realtime, and use really high quality assets, I don't see how this is surprising at all.

Nowise10

I mean... there's only so much the console can have loaded at a time, so of course you're gonna have to wait to load the new stuff until you can deload the stuff you don't need anymore. Considering that the cutscenes are (almost) all realtime, and use really high quality assets, I don't see how this is surprising at all.

Oh geez I'm posting a lot on this page.

I understand that, but any other Halo game, or video game, that has cutscenes can somehow manage to make it be skippable either instantly or within a couple seconds. It just makes the game feel clunky compared to most games, which is what most people are used too.

How is quitting out of a social, join in progress game doing any harm? I'm not going to play something I don't enjoy that is in a social playlist for 16 minutes (Anti-Freeze..), so I quit out immediately. I should get punished because they won't have a teammate for 30 seconds? That is BS.

I don't like quitters either when I am playing something ranked, like Team Arena. Your limited teammates are vital. I did it today with two matches because I was frustrated, sure put me on probation first or something.

They're just pushing out a fan from their game for no real reason. I was completely surprised to get banned after leaving my first game today.

People complain about JiP, but your actions are why there is JiP. You’re punishing your teammates. You don’t know how long the game will continue until the system finds a suitable replacement for you. I don’t like Pegasus nor do I like Overgrowth, but that doesn’t mean I quit when they come up. Also I don’t see how you’re surprised that you go banned leaving your game today, you quit five games before that in a 24 hour period.

Karl2177

I'll ask in here because its too nooby a question for the Forge OT, but how do I add kill volumes to objects? Like I want to have a mancannon just send you into a wall and have it kill you instantly.

Forge OT is for noobs and Nokyards, alike. Kill volumes should be under Gameplay>Volumes>Kill Volume[instant]. You can then change the size of the volume by going into Object Properties>Boundary.

I applaud the banning of quitters.
It's good to see something being done about it.

JIP only works for so long in BTB , yesterday I was in a game against a team who were flogging us, we end up having 3 of us in our team so we hardly got another kill for the last quarter of the match.

The people who stay don't deserve it.

Nowise10

People complain about JiP, but your actions are why there is JiP. You’re punishing your teammates. You don’t know how long the game will continue until the system finds a suitable replacement for you. I don’t like Pegasus nor do I like Overgrowth, but that doesn’t mean I quit when they come up. Also I don’t see how you’re surprised that you go banned leaving your game today, you quit five games before that in a 24 hour period.

You and I have completely different views on the importance of social JiP playlist I suppose. And like I said, I typically don't quit out of ranked matches.

I was surprised because I played 25 games yesterday,and only quit out of a 3 BTB matches and a laggy slayer match. I didn't expect getting on today and playing, 15 hours after my last quit, to be banned.

Karl2177

Maybe someday we will see vetoes and priorities... A man who wrote that article can dream.

[...]

The purpose of Priorities are to indicate what the player wants prioritized when searching for a match. The main Priorities are Skill, Connection, DLC, and Game. Priorities are on a slider that go from 0 to 3. Any priority at 0 will be ignored. Any Priority above 0 will never be ignored. The Skill priority shows a range of potential TrueSkill players; The range will get smaller the larger the number is. The Connection Priority shows a range of accepted connection values. DLC is more client based, and the larger the number, the stricter it will prioritize DLC. Lastly, the Game Priority will determine how loose the player’s veto restrictions are. The player’s Skill and Connection data are used by the server to find potential matches, while the DLC and Game Priorities are used by the client to reject or accept game requests.

priorities.jpg

Priorities are designed to give the player more of what they want…

Vetoes are designed to pre-emptively vote against certain maps or gametypes, similar to the StarCraft II map vote system. The Vetoes are located in the Optimization screen. This can be accessed either by pressing a select button over the OptiMatch option or by locating it in the Start menu. The Optimization screen is a three step process. The first step is the Map Group phase. Here is a checklist of map pack options such as disc based maps or DLC maps. Each group has a predetermined amount of vetoes. When a group is highlighted, a button may be pressed to access further details on the maps, like a layout or description. When all wanted groups are selected, the player moves on to the Map Veto phase. The amount of vetoes determined by the Map Group phase is shown here, and the player is allowed to vote that many times against unpreferred maps. Once all wanted vetoes are used, the player finishes up with the Gametype Veto phase. Here, the player can vote against a select number of gametypes that are currently in any of the playlists. After completing this for the first time, it saves under the player’s preferences with a pop-up saying that it may increase search times and it can be found in the start menu. After that it only states that it is overwriting the old preferences and that it may increase search times.

opti_gif.gif

…And vetoes are designed to give the player less of what they don’t want.

[...]

Deadstar

So I just jumped back in the game to check out big team battle for the first time. Am I correct in that the only btb maps were made with forge? If so, it's disappointing and a real slap in the face. How lazy can you be to not create actual maps to play on and instead rely on forge? Imagine if they did that with the previous Halo games. Bungie would have been laughed off the face of the Earth.

So I just jumped back in the game to check out big team battle for the first time. Am I correct in that the only btb maps were made with forge? If so, it's disappointing and a real slap in the face. How lazy can you be to not create actual maps to play on and instead rely on forge? Imagine if they did that with the previous Halo games. Bungie would have been laughed off the face of the Earth.

Lazy devvvvvvssssss

Maybe someday we will see vetoes and priorities... A man who wrote that article can dream.
We've

needed

this

for

years.

Matchmaking's

limitations

are

killing

Halo.

Whenever there's an opportunity to provide feedback, this is what Halo fans need to focus on; systems where we can play what we want, when we want, or at the very least have a chance to. Server browsers, matchmaking toggles, vetoes, etc. need to be prioritized for future Halo games.

Not lazy.

343i saw our btb forge maps and said, "We cant top that".

I have no issue with forge maps if the quality is there. With these new BTB maps you can tell that a lot of labor and love went into them. A good map is a good map, doesn't matter if it's forge or not.

BTB is not a priority, just accept it.

singhr1

Is this a joke post? Like isn't Reach 1000x worse by using forge maps at launch?

I just got matched against an entire Mexican party in Warzone Turbo, twice, and I'm in the EU zone. What the hell? Wasn't this impossible? The match was super laggy (I've never had lag in Halo 5 before!!!) and we got farmed big time.

Trup1aya

That's a really high quit rate. I hear the argument that bans push away fans. But if someone is repeatedly ruining other people's experience, is he worth keeping around?

They'll either become better sports, or leave. Either way, the community wins IMO.

In my view, yes. There are times I'd don't mind people quitting. If the game is too laggy and unplayable that's fine. If you're are severely down, 1v4 for example, that's fine. But for the typical oh I don't like this map, or the oh my k/d or w/l ratio, ban away. I'm all for harsh punishment, it's only way to get people to pay attention. Swallow your pride and just finish the game.

20% quitting is pretty high tbf.

That backfire tho

Tomash

I just got matched against an entire Mexican party in Warzone Turbo, twice, and I'm in the EU zone. What the hell? Wasn't this impossible? The match was super laggy (I've never had lag in Halo 5 before!!!) and we got farmed big time.

They've just recently removed the region lock.

Halotracker's tweet:
Let's celebrate!
It appears 'region lock' is either loosened or no more!
Thank you for listening to the players once again 343 <3

Strider

Yea there were soooo many threads dedicated to complaints about region lock for EU on reddit. Seemed like a small but vocal minority to me tho. I expect a ton of EU players to start complaining about lag now...

Is this a joke post? Like isn't Reach 1000x worse by using forge maps at launch?
Yeah lol. Reach had 8 maps at launch, with the 9th being Forge World. Easily the worst lineup in my opinion.

BTB
  • Boardwalk
Invasion
  • Boneyard
  • Spire
4v4
  • Countdown
  • Powerhouse
  • Reflection
  • Sword Base
  • Zealot

Forge World
  • Hemorrhage (BTB)
  • Paradiso (BTB)
  • Asylum (4v4)
  • Pinnacle (4v4)
  • The Cage (4v4)

Trup1aya

Yea there were soooo many threads dedicated to complaints about region lock for EU on reddit. Seemed like a small but vocal minority to me tho. I expect a ton of EU players to start complaining about lag now...

Yeah, the only real solution is to let people choose if they want to be matched out of region or not.

Yeah lol. Reach had 8 maps at launch, with the 9th being Forge World. Easily the worst lineup in my opinion.

BTB
  • Boardwalk
Invasion
  • Boneyard
  • Spire
4v4
  • Countdown
  • Powerhouse
  • Reflection
  • Sword Base
  • Zealot

Forge World
  • Hemorrhage (BTB)
  • Paradiso (BTB)
  • Asylum (4v4)
  • Pinnacle (4v4)
  • The Cage (4v4)

It's the best line up because it has Sword Base.
kappa

Chittagong

Gold Member
It's that special time of the month

when you start at Plat

share experiences with new special friends

and together you reach

again those magical Silver heights

mrvDjlr.jpg

So wow they really did remove the region lock. I personally don't really mind. The lag was bad but never Halo 3 bad.

If that entire party didn't farm us, I probably wouldn't even have complained about the lag here lol. The Achilles armor really brings out the worst in people.

singhr1

no offense; but really?

Cutoff warzone maps would be better BTB maps than Recurve or Antifreeze

To be fair, he's referring to the new set of maps. Recurve and Antifreeze were built by forgers in a compressed period of time without all of the forge pieces/tools. I'd prefer just remove them out of the rotation entirely, even before more community BTB maps are added.

Glass

Forge OT is for noobs and Nokyards, alike. Kill volumes should be under Gameplay>Volumes>Kill Volume[instant]. You can then change the size of the volume by going into Object Properties>Boundary.

Thanks was going round in circles trying to find it, and yeah I shouldn't be afraid to field noob questions there. IM GONA DO IT

I've been bitching a lot but I always feel really discouraged to play when my ranks get reset every 4 weeks. I never feel like I'm having fun playing my 10 matches because I trying so hard and take everything so seriously.

Yeah, I would prefer 6/8 week seasons for sure.

This will be the first month I go tryhard in Arena, cant wait to see what i get. Usually never gotten over 1700 but i've never consistently played with a team.

BraXzy

Love the idea of picking your matchmaking priorities. No idea what would be involved to make that work in practice. I do wish Veto would make a come back, voting doesn't work too well sure, but veto is always nice.

Love the idea of picking your matchmaking priorities. No idea what would be involved to make that work in practice. I do wish Veto would make a come back, voting doesn't work too well sure, but veto is always nice.

A Halo 2-quantity player base and an online gaming chokehold with virtually no competition, for one

Strider

Got Diamond 2 in Team Arena... Had quitters in a couple of my games but think I went 5-5 in placements so whatever.

Obligatory mention that rank resets are pointless right now

Top Bottom