• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

EYEL1NER

Warzone Turbo is doing one great thing for me (well, more than one, if you count the large amounts of XP I am getting): It is letting me spend a LOT of time with the DMR. I have never been that great at scoped long-range encounters in FPS games but I am getting to be, let's say, 'not terrible' with the DMR. I barely ever use it in regular Warzone but I equip my LVL 8 DMR with Longshot Sight and Laser immediately in Turbo.

Also, you wanna know what is incredibly annoying in Turbo? When you clear out your base, everyone flocks to a REQ station, and you find out that you have a griefer on your team who enjoys nothing more than to repeatedly Spartan Charge the gaggle of Spartans at the station which drops them from the REQ menu. I had it happen a bunch of times on a Noctus match.
"Oh, a Covenant-controlled Wraith just spawned next to the armory I am in? Well let me just log into the REQ station and get my-"
*BOOM*
"Shit this guy is back. Okay, let me get my rocket launcher and"
*BOOM*
"Welp, Spartan Charged again. If this guy can just let me toggle over to the power weapon menu quick enou-"
*BOOM*
"Nope... Okay, you win guy. I'll just go to the downstairs REQ Station" *runs downstairs* "Now I'm pissed. I'll just burn one of my more-powerful Rocket Launchers to get this over with. Just let me select the-"
*BOOM*
"Well fuck it, I'll just charge the fucking Wraith with my SMG and see what that does for me."

EDIT: I was wrong to hope for the Rare Anubis Set armor to match my helm. It didn't pop; instead I got some real ugly shit like the Seeker armor. But I did just spy one thing in my service record that makes me happy. My Warzone KDA is finally positive. Granted, it is only 1.0 but I still prefer to see that than what it was a week ago. My Arena KDA just jumped recently from -.8 to -.7 also. I'm not some die-hard "Oh, you play such-and-such FPS? What's your KDA, bro?" kinda guy who thinks it's the most important thing in the world but I like to keep it out of the negative numbers if possible.
I'm feeling pretty pleased with that, I might call it a night after another match or two.

Deadstar

BTB is not a priority, just accept it.

I accept that I won't play Halo 5 again. Big team battle was always my favorite way to play Halo. It's such a joke what they did to this game. Does no one remember Halo 2 and how fun those levels were. Big team battle on Valhalla (not H2 I know) was incredible. How is it not a priority?

Cranster

Banned
I accept that I won't play Halo 5 again. Big team battle was always my favorite way to play Halo. It's such a joke what they did to this game. Does no one remember Halo 2 and how fun those levels were. Big team battle on Valhalla (not H2 I know) was incredible. How is it not a priority?
I can't disagree.

I kind of agree, but BTB is almost all I play now they have added 6 more community maps... One is an almost perfect recreation of valhalla, another is an almost perfect sand trap clone.

Yeah they aren't dev maps, but to just not play halo 5 again when you enjoyed h2/3 btb is crazy as it's a heap of fun!

Warzone

Glass

Definitely the most creative post to come out of r/Halo's April Fools yesterday, this legit looks good.

pyp6sgI.png

Ironically Viking is a weak, weak map in the H5 sandbox Imo.

Like the new community maps though, for the most part.

If they play good, I am in.

mo60

I love when I accidentally shut off my xbox one in a middle of a match. Also I completed my placement matches and I placed at silver 2 for this season in team slayer despite doing downright awful in multiple matches.

Glass

Doom beta from the console screenshots OT, it's interesting seeing the similarities and comparisons since obviously Doom came first, but in the meantime Halo has built up the strong sci fi shooter visual identity.

Be interested to see more of the armour and how similar it looks to H5's crazy armour.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
That is sooooo Halo.

How does it play, though? Did they keep classic id gunplay purity (Q3 most pure/refined DM of all time) or have they mixed it up with a lot of new-school elements and movement?

Edit: Chromatic aberration and motion blur in MP tho, tisk tisk...

Doom beta from the console screenshots OT, it's interesting seeing the similarities and comparisons since obviously Doom came first, but in the meantime Halo has built up the strong sci fi shooter visual identity.

Be interested to see more of the armour and how similar it looks to H5's crazy armour.

Doom MP is done by Certain Affinity so the Halo influence is understandable.

That is sooooo Halo.

How does it play, though? Did they keep classic id gunplay purity (Q3 most pure/refined DM of all time) or have they mixed it up with a lot of new-school elements?

Map control is down to powerups, armor and demon runes, no on map weapon pick up since they use a exp-level unlock based, two weapon+grenade loadout system, they also have the "hack module" system which works identical to Titanfall's burn cards. Gameplay wise it has double jump, various melee animation and clamber.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Looking at my play more closely it seems one of the most common normal-conditions ways I die when I don't expect to is when I'm in a firefight and think I am able to back around a corner, but I get tripped up on some slope or box I didn't see sticking out below eye level, so the backing around is forced way wider and my careful planning of how many shots to take is exceeded. Weird. I guess I'm used to more simplistic level geometry? Maybe that's one reasons I do better on classic style BTB maps.

Edit: Some kind of miracle happened and I ended up being top player in a CTF on Recurve. We quickly lost 2 points so I mostly defended the base from then on since I was the only one who seemed to think about doing that. We got all points in the last 4 minutes. Last one was really lucky tho. We were running out of time so I drove a warthog over to their carrier who was dying and returned our flag with warthog cover, and just then my team was driving our flag back and there was a midlevel fight over our carrier so I grabbed the flag and hopped in. Then the enemy randomly shit the bed because they had a sniper rifle and were firing at others a lot as I approached goal so I planned my floaty time on their reload.

BraXzy

Im just kidding with you.:p

You and braxzy can join the pool of halogaf breakouy players.

Breakout B O Y Z

I've not played it much since the community ones got added. Still sad I never got a chance to 'submit' mine for consideration.
So they could laugh and say no wet need gud maps son.

Strider

Was just joining for a couple games. GGs.

Not a fan of Turbo... Then again it may just be Noctus. Everyone spawning with DMRs and snipers right away on such an open map was eeeeehhh.

Too many ppl saying doom is halo on steroids or something like that.

I cant even. Lol....

Playing multiple games and there are differences. Funny enough it has clamber though lol

Strider

I want Doom to be good but I'm super skeptical of any MP Certain Affinity is working on...

The last 3 console games they were involved with were MCC, Halo 4, and CoD Ghosts.

Yeah i mentioned that it does have ads and a troup came after me with details on why it isnt ads. I mean you even slow down movement and aim speed when zooming. But yeah..

Anyway. How much longer thr warzone saturdays going on for gguyszz?

JackHerer

Warzone turbo is pretty gross. It's a great way to get people to waste their REQs and deplete their stockpile so that you need to buy more packs though.

In other news, I've got almost 300,000 req pts stocked up.

Top Bottom