• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Madness

GG's guys. Except for those two matches against the Whiskey/Triple Cap teams, was a solid Warzone run. Used so many of the xp jackpot or mission victory boosts.

Sai

Got over 100k RP, and should have 12 Arena REQ Packs by the time the update drops. I'll probably put the grind on hold until then, make some time for my backlog this weekend.

Every time I think im close to getting through my silver packs I realize that I'm no where close lol.

And there are way too many emblems. So useless in this game. They don't tell a person anything in game. No name association or anything.

Every time I think im close to getting through my silver packs I realize that I'm no where close lol.

And there are way too many emblems. So useless in this game. They don't tell a person anything in game. No name association or anything.

Remember a lot of the emblems are tied to commendations. Don't have to waste packs on them, so don't be too discouraged. Honestly, Gold packs are the biggest pain in the ass.

Don't think that is a viable qualification now, I didn't get the Nadir emblem when I finish bronze.

I think you have to get the Raijin set (just the default, not the alt-skins) to get Nadir now. It can technically show up in Bronzes, but if it doesn't before you unlock all the commons it borks the unlock (presumably until you get it through a Silver pack).

Glass

This Noble render hit the front page on Reddit.
Thought I'd compare it to another render we've had before.

Rb5PXuz.jpg

airborn-studios-h5-a090-marmo.jpg

PeqcPb6.gif

BraXzy

This Noble render hit the front page on Reddit.
Thought I'd compare it to another render we've had before.

I don't mean to hate but the back of that second render really looks like a knock off toy you'd find as a cheap alternative to the real brand :3

Chittagong

Gold Member
I have been avoiding Halo 5 since yesterday since I really dislike the re-ranking season, but I guess I'll have to bite the bullet. Took this picture of my Halo 5 setup for the gaming setups thread!

Late night Halo 5 setup - Elite controller, AMG K712 headphones, Schiit Magni 2

Trup1aya

When Are we ever gonna get a proper file share? I've been holding off on the forge action mainly because I can't be bothered to go hunting for the goods and manually adding GTs.

I have been avoiding Halo 5 since yesterday since I really dislike the re-ranking season, but I guess I'll have to bite the bullet. Took this picture of my Halo 5 setup for the gaming setups thread!

How bad screen lag do you on that thing?

Holy shit this game can suck ass when playing solo. And the req points earned should be proportional to wz games when playing arena games. The fact that it isn't is also ass. Ass ass ass ass ass

Chittagong

Gold Member
How bad screen lag do you on that thing?

On the TV? I'm playing in Gaming mode, I haven't measured myself but here's what a review said

Before tuning our ears into the Samsung UE75ES9000’s audio, we must just stress what an outstanding gaming monitor Samsung’s big boy is. As well as its contrast, colour and motion strengths all serving the likes of Borderlands 2 and Halo 4 brilliantly well, we measured an input lag figure of just under 30ms using the set’s Game mode, which is low by TV standards and so shouldn’t hamper your gaming skills.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/samsung-ue75es9000-review-picture-quality-3d-performance-page-3

So can't blame the display :D

BraXzy

That's a sexy clean set up. Those headphones look beast.

Chittagong

Gold Member
That's a sexy clean set up. Those headphones look beast.

Thanks! Yeah the headphones are amazing, super good sound stage and directions, helps me a ton in spotting players in Halo. In fact, Headphone-gaf recommended this pair to me. This weekend my mission is to figure out whether to use Yamaha Silent Cinema or MixAmp Pro TR for virtual surround.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Bullshit lottery of the month done, went straight from Plat to Silver 6 :-/

This montly ranking is such an aggravating concept, I wish they just dropped it and allowed people to level up and down at their own pace.

BraXzy

Thanks! Yeah the headphones are amazing, super good sound stage and directions, helps me a ton in spotting players in Halo. In fact, Headphone-gaf recommended this pair to me. This weekend my mission is to figure out whether to use Yamaha Silent Cinema or MixAmp Pro TR for virtual surround.

I've got Astro A40's with the MixAmp Pro before that, I don't have a lot to compare it to but it works great for me. I might end up picking up proper headphones in the future, I know audiophiles stress to get straight up headphones instead of a headset for best sound.

How do you do voice chat? Separate mic?

Top Bottom