• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

singhr1

A warzone map and an arena map is quite substantial even if the REQs are not. The forge and UI updates have me greatly intrigued though.

I do distaste the reuse of capture points but sadly doesn't seem like any complaining has done anything about it

So the new maps uses the Fortress
is the update already out? honestly, i wish it would hold off for one more weekend. I can probably get through the rest of my silver packs in 7 days or less. The update will add about 10 to 12 more. barf. I've been kind of disappointed that I haven't gotten a single legendary unlock from my arena packs. Didn't get one from my armory req pack either. Not that it should be guaranteed but it's kind of bummer. Still have 2 to 4 more packs in the coming weeks, so there's hope lol.

A warzone map and an arena map is quite substantial even if the REQs are not. The forge and UI updates have me greatly intrigued though.

After the past few UI updates. i dont even hold any excitment anymore. :(

To me, those UI updates could have been pushed the same week it was ready.

Welfare

is the update already out? honestly, i wish it would hold off for one more weekend. I can probably get through the rest of my silver packs in 7 days or less. The update will add about 10 to 12 more. barf. I've been kind of disappointed that I haven't gotten a single legendary unlock from my arena packs. Didn't get one from my armory req pack either. Not that it should be guaranteed but it's kind of bummer. Still have 2 to 4 more packs in the coming weeks, so there's hope lol.

It's coming later this week.

It's coming later this week.
Okay that's what I thought, but for a minute thought it had come out today with the way people were talking about it. I'm trying to resist the urge to buy say about 10 silver packs. that would get me really close, but there's no reason to do that. I'll just enjoy
hate
the grind for the next couple of weeks lol.

singhr1

After the past few UI updates. i dont even hold any excitment anymore. :(

To me, those UI updates could have been pushed the same week it was ready.

Ha, true... Good point. Like all this

"Ghosts of Meridian will include a variety of game improvements based on your feedback, including multiplayer updates and fixes, sandbox, weapon, and vehicle adjustments, improvements to REQ Station UI performance, a lengthy list of Forge additions, fixes, and improvements, SWAT DMRs as well as a rebalance of SWAT game types within the playlist, and more. As always, we’ll be detailing the full patch notes as Ghosts of Meridian arrives."

Sounds great and substantial. Will the storm rifle be nerfed? Will the Spartan laser be buffed? Will the mantis and warthog be buffed? Will BTB made pistol starts? So. Many. Questions. Only 25.5 hours until we get some answers.

EYEL1NER

I was just playing vanilla Warzone on Stormbreak and was using a BR (either Classic BR or sentinel BR with laser sight, can't remember even though it happened a couple minutes ago). We had an armory and the fortress and were assaulting the other armory. I am outside the big bay door on the fortress zoomed in with my BR and the exact spot I am looking at has three enemy team members spawn, next to some shipping containers outside the armory. I mean these were spawns that were directly in my reticule. I immediately start popping off bursts, despite it being kinda far away, and kill two and score an assist on the other and I do t even think they knew where they were being shot from because it happened so quick. That felt good.

Chittagong

Gold Member
They've broken the game again for UK players. Getting matched on US servers, throwing a splinter grenade on someone's face doesn't kill them, and I'm the assist king again.

Why can't we just opt out from out of region games. If it means no match, I'm fine with that too. Not this crap.

We are going to get the update in a few days and I still don't have my Halo 2 BR :(

tumblr_mdesg0qw521rb3kgjo1_r1_500.gif

I'm pretty good for this and the next update. I have six arena bundles saved with +200k req. Come at me updates!
I've been bad. I just open the arena packs as they come in b/c i'm so tired of the silver grind. out of the two packs i opened today, the only notables were the sprial ar skin and the lagrange ar skin. But i did unlock an emblem!
hBLkMOn.jpg

I've been bad. I just open the arena packs as they come in b/c i'm so tired of the silver grind. out of the two packs i opened today, the only notables were the sprial ar skin and the lagrange ar skin. But i did unlock an emblem!
hBLkMOn.jpg

dont copy my AR skin. DE-SELECT IT NOW. ITS mine mine mine mine mine mine mine!

Glass

Not to toot my own horn, but this screenshot makes such a good phone wallpaper. Looks like a real photo on a mobile. For if you fancy a Halo wallpaper, but on the down low

FqY90MX.jpg

hBLkMOn.jpg

Didn't this come with a pack for playing MCC? Or am I misremembering?

dont copy my AR skin. DE-SELECT IT NOW. ITS mine mine mine mine mine mine mine!
haha you can't make me. Time to switch up my color scheme to match :3
Didn't this come with a pack for playing MCC? Or am I misremembering?
ooh i hope not. if it was then i never got it

I don't even know what I'm really hoping for anymore to be honest. I suppose I'm content with what I've already unlocked at this point, so I can just switch between skins and armors whenever I get tired of a look. I need to get more weapon certs though. I want that ce pistol more than the halo 2 br. And i'd like to try out the upgraded thrusters mod if i can ever unlock it. The only other visor that i want is the remembrance visor. I love bright orange.

JackHerer

Why, why oh why, does Darkstar have the Fortress?

Oh lord, so not only are they reusing crap again, but they are reusing the absolute worst base configuration in Warzone. I don't get it, the rest of the map is unique, why not just build the bases as well? If it's for balancing reasons or something then at least texture each base differently so that it looks somewhat unique.For example, why couldn't the bases look Forerunner on Apex 7. You spend a good chunk of your playtime concentrating on and fighting in these bases so I don't know why they choose the copy/paste them exactly the same on each map.

link1201

well screw all of you pre-order people and all of your dang pre-ordering bonusessssssssssssss
┻━┻ ︵ ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

EDIT:
Out of curiosity, how many people got the warzone req bundle?
I bought it and wasted it on junk. :'(

I bought it and wasted it on junk. :'(
I could still get it and now that i'm closer to getting through silver packs, it'd be a little more useful - until the update later this week lol.

EDIT:
omg i'm so bad. i splurged and bought it - curse you 343 and your temptress ways

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'd prefer 2nd place over 1st place lol - custom etched xbox one signed by 343? yes please. The needler would be cool though.

The Needler's box will also come signed by us. I don't know if you've seen but the Needler is absolutely bonkers. Here's a vid we did of Bravo playing with it: https://twitter.com/halo/status/650047453207498752

Hard to convey over photos I suppose, but we felt like the grand prize was definitely a step above 2nd.

The Needler's box will also come signed by us. I don't know if you've seen but the Needler is absolutely bonkers. Here's a vid we did of Bravo playing with it: https://twitter.com/halo/status/650047453207498752

Hard to convey over photos I suppose, but we felt like the grand prize was definitely a step above 2nd.
holy crap that is huge lol. mount that thing above the fireplace! I wasn't trying to knock the grand prize - apologies for that. I'm just not as big of a collector of memorabilia as others. Still really cool though. If it makes any difference, I just bought the warzone req bundle off of amazon lol :D

is it too late to cancel my preorder

Lmao

I'm still salty about Ragnarok's ground textures in Halo 4, god that looked like ass.

:'(

Does Cali have sunshine? Then no. I'm not from there ^^

Pleb

If you pretend Colorado doesn't exist, then sure.

The mile high city all day babaaayyyyy

haha you can't make me. Time to switch up my color scheme to match :3

Snip
I.

Dont you dare. Or else you will feel the wrath of the G0SU!!!

Prepare your butts
jk im not elzar

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Will the Anubis Helmet be wearable?

Your response will dictate how fast I learn how to code.

It should be, yes. They make gear for cosplay.

holy crap that is huge lol. mount that thing above the fireplace! I wasn't trying to knock the grand prize - apologies for that. I'm just not as big of a collector of memorabilia as others. Still really cool though. If it makes any difference, I just bought the warzone req bundle off of amazon lol :D

No worries, we've gotten a fair amount of that feedback today. Tells me that we didn't showcase them properly.

Anyone? Is storm rifle not capable of killing an enemy on a single go before overheating, or did I miss a shot? I killed the enemy with melee eventually.
That should have killed him. May have been some lag, but I don't see why that would have mattered on a person standing still.

EDIT: lol my eye doesn't catch little details that singhr1 and yourexwife picked up on

singhr1

Anyone? Is storm rifle not capable of killing an enemy on a single go before overheating, or did I miss a shot? I killed the enemy with melee eventually.

You missed a good number of shots after he went to no shields. You can probably check how much health he had left in theater mode, it's probably really close to 0. I've definitely had situations in which the enemy is dodging so much that I overheat. You have to burst fire that thing sometimes to make sure it stays accurate and low heat.

Chittagong

Gold Member
That should have killed him. May have been some lag, but I don't see why that would have mattered on a person standing still.

You missed a good number of shots after he went to no shields. You can probably check how much health he had left in theater mode, it's probably really close to 0. I've definitely had situations in which the enemy is dodging so much that I overheat. You have to burst fire that thing sometimes to make sure it stays accurate and low heat.

Yeah, you swung the reticle to the side of the head near the end there.

Cheers guys. Need to land hits really carefully on storm rifle it seems.

Here's another one I wondered about today, but I think the clip clears it up. I think spartan charge the enemy from behind, only to find he is actually facing me and shooting at me. It seems he started is turn just at the right time:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Chittagong/video/16316373

My kid can out-snipe your kid.
He's 24

I take it the day has passed where said son took the mantle from dad?

New update to the Halo API and a contest for those who make apps/websites.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-api-hackathon

Nice, detailed game stats have been missing, glad to have such good updates long after release.

Also found time to place Arena > Plat 2 solo last night, can't believe I played that much. It's easy when the game is this good, connections and searching have been markedly improved since the last update. Also WZ turbo was just insanely good, it should be on rotation once a month as standard. Clearing out REQs and getting to play repeatedly with just about anything you wanted really helped to get a handle on specific weapon experience and stacking combos.

The winning bomb run for my last arena placement match:
http://xboxclips.com/Ozzy+Onya+A2Z/b257dd1b-4a7a-4363-9a66-15c70dc929c5

Madness

Not to toot my own horn, but this screenshot makes such a good phone wallpaper. Looks like a real photo on a mobile. For if you fancy a Halo wallpaper, but on the down low

FqY90MX.jpg

Looks like the first time we get Sanghelios in MP will probably be Killer Instinct Season 3. So many amazing campaign enviroments that we do not get in MP. The Domain, Sanghelios etc.

Top Bottom