• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Colossus and High Noon would be great maps for Halo 5's sandbox.

From Reach though, hmm.. I would say Countdown, but with radar that map would be ass.

Progress!

hmg9JjE.png

Granted, everything in the torso / midsection from rear view is still a major WIP (and this is more preliminary sketchwork than the final lineart), but it's a fun exercise actually having to design this shit to look decent in three dimensions. I know the proportions are still janky, but I should probably clarify that the shoulder pauldrons are deliberately way bigger from the back - they're "perkier" up front and make up less of the profile, but wrap around further in the back for additional protection / dismemberment prevention, similar to EOD. Depending on how the back stuff gets worked out the rear portion of the shoulders may house some of the thruster compartments, too.

Welfare

Only Reach maps that should come back for potential remakes are Powerhouse, Countdown, Highlands, and maybe Breakpoint. Everything else is either a remake or just bad.

I'm talking about the tease they end the livestream for the current month's update to prep us for the next update :). Just wild speculation

Oooooh yeah. Haha that flew over my head. Lol sorry.

Yeah hopefully something so goood it gets the cupcakes moist. Strawberry cupcakes to be exact.

Only Reach maps that should come back for potential remakes are Powerhouse, Countdown, Highlands, and maybe Breakpoint. Everything else is either a remake or just bad.

I'd say Countdown and Highlands are the only decent maps. Powerhouse was never good and Breakpoint is useless without Invasion.

Welfare

I'd say Countdown and Highlands are the only decent maps. Powerhouse was never good and Breakpoint is useless without Invasion.

I remember Powerhouse being decent on one sided objective, and those need to return at some point.

Breakpoint was an Invasion map, but again, it played decent on objective.

Voho

Powerhouse (Arena) and Spire (Warzone)?

All I care about is the Falcon though. Grenade launcher too if fortune smiles on us.

Powerhouse would be amazing. That was my favorite map in Reach, bar none. When Reach came to X1 emulation, the first match I played was on that map. Couldn't have been happier.

I loved powerhouse, id like to see countdown and highlands for sure, maybe zealot even thought its truth esque. Reach's DMR model still blows 343s out of the water.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Any tips for effective spartan charge usage?

It's such a new mechanic for Halo that I have not used it much until this month, after getting rammed on increasingly often. I've discovered that it works reasonably well in CoD mode, just racing around as fast as I can with right finger on RB ready to twitch BAM! and then finish the combo with a quick shot.

One thing that seems to work quite well is that if you see enemy coming around the corner, you start running to their direction ready to charge the moment they appear.

Another good one seems to be charging into a fight between other players, while they're distracted.

Some players seem to be able to pull of the charge with virtually no acceleration, I'll need to practice that.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Anybody else watch RNG vs EG scrim last night? Commonly learned some strategy from EG man. He was player coach last night. Constantly keeping ninja in check limiting his aggressiveness 8-5 well 9-5 since they played truth ctf twice both rng wins

watching roys rebroadcast now. they look great, and penguin didnt seem to be playing all that good either.

EYEL1NER

Some players seem to be able to pull of the charge with virtually no acceleration, I'll need to practice that.
I have that happen all the time to me and get frustrated when I try a quick no-notice Spartan Charge and whiff or just regular melee empty air in front of their face. I know it isn't the most ideal training environment because of lag but I have been using Grifball to practice Spartan Charges lately, trying to get a feel for how minimal of movement you need or the maximum space between two bodies.

Everybody always says they loved countdown. Everybody should probably mention they're referring to MLG Countdown.

Considering how countdown in any other respect is fucking terrible, especially the non-MLG weapon layout, non-MLG spawns, and radar. Outside of everyone's nostalgia playlist, that map is a cancer.

Or the Halo 3 BR, when you pick it up you move slower and a sad trombone plays.

But Halo 3 was the halo that came out when I was between the ages of 13-16 and is therefore untouchably great and awesome!!!!! Leading is fun and consistent!!

Realtalk: If implemented, it should be the only REQ that refunds you energy if you pick it.

Was playing BTB, and my team had (what I assume was) a couple, boy and girl. The chick died with sniper, and I picked it up and got a few kills. She then decides to respawn and stand right in front of me, expecting me to give it back. I don't think so. Shot her in the head and kept playing.

After game, the dude decides to message me and tell me I'm reported. Okay :D

blamite

Yes, this update is smaller compared to others we have got.

Nah, the Rqs are weak but two maps is pretty good. I think the only other tie that's happened is when one of them was an Assault version of an existing Warzone map? It's not an exciting update, but it's not small.

.... eh

w/e suits your boat.

I'll compare it to the last update we had. Hammer Storm. It came with one new map, but as well as some new game types. It also came with 44 new req items. This update is two new maps and 33 new req items. Personally, I put new game modes over a new map(s) any day. New game modes add more content than a new map. I'm actually fine with the number of maps already and I'd like to see an expansion on other things (game modes, Firefight, and etc). I mean there is nothing wrong with this update and I'm sure a lot of hard work went into it. However, personally, I just prefer other type of content right now. Hopefully that explains it better.

Now peril in fear as G0SU is in the shadows of colorado.. All around you. Haunting. Watching. Waiting....

Okay nm this is getting too creepy for my own liking. As if im gonna hunt you down, The Hand ninja style.

Edit quick:

Quick someone photo shot mister chiefs face into a ninja from daredevil season 2. Thnx.

>=D

BraXzy

Sam Lake, The Boss.
;(

Haha just seen the thread you got it from. Hyped for QB but I'd very much like my PC code. Not a fan of how MS is handling their PC store so far, doesn't give me much hope for future stuff like Halo Wars 2.

No pre-load, still waiting on code, can't pre-order if you didn't buy XB1 version. Not going live at midnight US. Hopefully it improves.

Got banned from Arena after finishing a Warzone game.

What the hell is going on, 343? This is completely fucking unacceptable. This is the second time it's happened within the last five days.

Welfare

I'll compare it to the last update we had. Hammer Storm. It came with one new map, but as well as some new game types. It also came with 44 new req items. This update is two new maps and 33 new req items. Personally, I put new game modes over a new map(s) any day. New game modes add more content than a new map. I'm actually fine with the number of maps already and I'd like to see an expansion on other things (game modes, Firefight, and etc). I mean there is nothing wrong with this update and I'm sure a lot of hard work went into it. However, personally, I just prefer other type of content right now. Hopefully that explains it better.

We are also getting sandbox + weapon updates and some Arena and Warzone tuning, plus more along with this update. REQ amount is smaller, but hopefully the non REQ updates are substantial.

mo60

Sure the guy was a smurf, but still the first time having a Bronze in a match lol. He was partied with the Diamond player.

Being beaten by a bronze rank player must have been embarrassing for the players that did not know that bronze player was using a smurf account.

We are also getting sandbox + weapon updates and some Arena and Warzone tuning, plus more along with this update. REQ amount is smaller, but hopefully the non REQ updates are substantial.

I'm hoping the sandbox weapon update is something substantial, but it really comes down to what they are changing. Same goes for the UI, it sounds good but I'll wait until I see it tomorrow with the live steam. Sandbox and UI changes are needed, so we'll see. Hopefully it's good stuff, but I'll make sure to keep my expectations in check.

Top Bottom