• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

So I was bored and I found the highest ranked person.

Rank 151
50 days of playtime
7623 games played
+110k kills

They are at 3,778,599/15,000,000 XP until they get to 152 which is the final rank.

That is ridiculous.

Cool clips from tonight's games:

Nice triple

Ninja in the middle sells it. The thirst for the overkill was real and tangible too.

Also checked out the Waypoint store and I'm liking these shirts:

500.jpg

500.jpg

500.jpg

mo60

Rank 151
50 days of playtime
7623 games played
+110k kills

They are at 3,778,599/15,000,000 XP until they get to 152 which is the final rank.

That is ridiculous.
I wonder when that person will reach the max rank.I am never going to reach the max rank because it will take years to reach it for me and I do not think halo 5 will be the only game I play for years.I probably will reach SR 140 and maybe 145 eventually.

I wonder when that person will reach the max rank.I am never going to reach the max rank because it will take years to reach it for me and I do not think halo 5 will be the only game I play for years.I probably will reach SR 140 and maybe 145 eventually.

Well he needs a little less than 12 million xp. It looks like he just mainly plays WZ, so on average you get what in WZ? 2k XP? I haven’t played WZ in a while so I don’t remember the numbers. I’ll just average 3k in case of boost and what not. So that’s about 4000 more WZ matches.

Edit: Actually I went a looked at my past WZ games and I was way off when it came to XP. I'll say an average of 5k. So he needs 2400 more games of WZ. Still a ridiculous number.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Oh my godddd quitters UGH
I wouldn't be hasty to assume it is legitimate at this time. Servers have been bad the past few days. I had a few disconnects, either at beginning or (more annoyingly) at the end of hard matches that had a chance. I had a game where I didn't get disconnected but there was lag that made my clamor repeat itself 4 times (I was like "This is THE REMIX! *record scratch*") and in that game the other team had an astounding 12 disconnects. Can't tell how many were on purpose or not.

We are also getting sandbox + weapon updates and some Arena and Warzone tuning, plus more along with this update. REQ amount is smaller, but hopefully the non REQ updates are substantial.
I wonder what sandbox is. A testing ground with other people where you can REQ what you want to practice and just learn maps? I have used forge to learn weapons you get so rarely in matches that you don't want to fuck it up, so it may be nice to have it with others without needing to party up. Capacity for dedicated learning of maps without hurting your team's games would be great.

I wonder what sandbox is. A testing ground with other people where you can REQ what you want to practice and just learn maps? I have used forge to learn weapons you get so rarely in matches that you don't want to fuck it up, so it may be nice to have it with others without needing to party up. Capacity for dedicated learning of maps without hurting your team's games would be great.
Sandbox generally refers to all the movement and engagement aspects of the game, including weapon balance and vehicles. Also you can setup custom games to learn maps yourself.

Dice

Sandbox generally refers to all the movement and engagement aspects of the game, including weapon balance and vehicles.
I hope they improve ability to step over small slopes below knee level. I fairly often get tripped up on those because I'm used to adventure/platforming games where you just run right over them like any human naturally does. Right now it seems spartans apparently never did the classic "run through tires" training.

Edit: SMH @ some fucking teams. Just had a team that couldn't get any shit done so we are like 500 points behind and the enemy had crossed 800. Somehow my team finds some balls and takes the 2 armories. What do they do then? NOTHING. They ran around in the main area fighting the occasional person, but mostly the other team was defending their home base so recaptures weren't a real concern and even they they were, Warden popped up so we had to kill the core before they got him. Just me and one other dude with camo made our way through a group of guys and I unloaded 4 shots of a fuel rod cannon on the core before dying. Obviously then he couldn't finish the job by himself. If my team tried the least bit we would easily have put them away.

jem0208

Got banned from Arena after finishing a Warzone game.

What the hell is going on, 343? This is completely fucking unacceptable. This is the second time it's happened within the last five days.
Looks like you were banned for quitting.

Assuming this is your gamertag: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-gb/...scuitable?gameModeFilter=All&start=0&count=10

You didn't finish your last arena game and you had a string of DNFs before that. Quit bans are a bit weird in that they usually don't kick in until you've finished a game. That said, it's definitely not unacceptable that you got banned.

Trup1aya

We should start thinking about OT4 now.

|OT4| Remembrance of Bloom

We still have Achilles Heel on the backburner, what are the chances we get the helmet during OT 4?

Edit: looking at our current progress, i think there's a good shot if we make another conscious push. New OT would be a good time to initiate such a push.

Trup1aya

Rank 151
50 days of playtime
7623 games played
+110k kills

That is ridiculous.

Holy shit! How is it possible that he isn't rank 152 yet?

Good morning/evening gaffers. Sitting at work trying to wake up. I sacrificed some sleep (got maybe 5 hours) to get in a few games of halo last night. Cranked out ~22k req points in a little over an hour thank to a couple of RP boosts. If I counted all my reqs correctly, and I probably didn't, I have exactly 19 silver packs to go (excluding any rare emblems that may still need to be unlocked). Got my final last dawn skin. That scratched pistol skin has gotta be close!

Glass

Going to hit 400 soon with tonights stream and the new patch dropping, hows that OT collaboration coming along boys

Loomba

Good morning/evening gaffers. Sitting at work trying to wake up. I sacrificed some sleep (got maybe 5 hours) to get in a few games of halo last night. Cranked out ~22k req points in a little over an hour thank to a couple of RP boosts. If I counted all my reqs correctly, and I probably didn't, I have exactly 19 silver packs to go (excluding any rare emblems that may still need to be unlocked). Got my final last dawn skin. That scratched pistol skin has gotta be close!

Good stuff, silvers are a slog and feels great when you do em. Luckily I had saved my Arena Req Packs until after silvers so I could get some really cool stuff right away.

Good stuff, silvers are a slog and feels great when you do em. Luckily I had saved my Arena Req Packs until after silvers so I could get some really cool stuff right away.
Yeah i wasn't very smart with arena packs, but they've helped me make a lot of progress. I'd have everything wrapped up by the week's end, but this week's update is going to make me go backwards. Hopefully in 2 weeks I can be all caught up. I'm excited to start getting ultra rare and up unlocks.

captains log.

tuesday. 9:12 am.

the day is long. i find myself at SR64. I have completed my journey of bronze packs. I have bought the $25 dollar req pack bundles. Still. As far as my eyes can see....

there is no DMR in sight.

Fuchsdh

Guess I should be hoarding my points too. Got 12K in the bank assuming it drops at the end of this week I should get enough points to knock out the new bronze and silver-tier drops.

To be honest guyz, i'll have to set Halo 5 aside for a while because of an awesome game coming out today. :p

Quantum Break hype! Can't wait to pick it up after work. hehe

DONT KICK ME FROM THE COMPANY GUYZZZ. PLZ N THANKS. GOD BLESS. KOREAN BOW OF RESPECT.

I'll watch the stream today though. Should be fun.

Dice

captains log.

the day is long. i find myself at SR64. I have completed my journey of bronze packs. I have bought the $25 dollar req pack bundles. Still. As far as my eyes can see....

I've opened many silvers now since completing bronze and have no new loadouts from them. I expect it to wait until over halfway through before it gives me any just as it was with bronze. I'll have skins ready for them tho, lol.

OMG - im almost at the end of my Silver GRIND!!!

RARE

Helmet - 44/48
Armor - 46/48
Visor - 14/19
Emblem -
Fuck you
Stance - 4/4
Assinations - 6/7
Weapon Skins - 19/25

I took at look at Ultra Rare and i
curled into a ball and cried a little.

Fuchsdh

captains log.

Damn. I'm at level 68 and finished silvers. I'd throw you some REQ DMRs I don't need if I could :)

captains log.

I've opened many silvers now since completing bronze and have no new loadouts from them. I expect it to wait until over halfway through before it gives me any just as it was with bronze. I'll have skins ready for them tho, lol.
I somehow managed to get my first dmr cert (req level 8) at sr50. Got the base dmr cert (req level 6) at like sr56. But, I was pretty good about selling anything and everything in my armory from the start. the commendation packs, spartan company packs, and level-up packs were really helpful for making extra req points.

EDIT:
Damn. I'm at level 68 and finished silvers. I'd throw you some REQ DMRs I don't need if I could :)
I'm at 67 and so close. I'd be done with silver by 68-69 if it weren't for this coming update.

JaggedSac

is the update already out? honestly, i wish it would hold off for one more weekend. I can probably get through the rest of my silver packs in 7 days or less. The update will add about 10 to 12 more. barf. I've been kind of disappointed that I haven't gotten a single legendary unlock from my arena packs. Didn't get one from my armory req pack either. Not that it should be guaranteed but it's kind of bummer. Still have 2 to 4 more packs in the coming weeks, so there's hope lol.

I've been holding off on opening mine. Got both the arena and warzone packs and waiting until I unlock all silvers. This damn update is putting that back by a few more days, lol.

Mix

Hey guys, it's been too long. Does that Clique guy still play Halo?

Are there ever custom nights anymore? I know that ExWife and the crew normally run BTB and Warzone, I miss playing with y'all.

BraXzy

We should start thinking about OT4 now.

|OT4| Remembrance of Bloom

Rank 151
50 days of playtime
7623 games played
+110k kills

That is ridiculous.

Damn. A third of their existance has been playing H5. Unless my math is wrong.

Need to Spam 20 more pages!! Lets go guys!!!

Who's gonna make the new OT?

I swear if you don't change to 100ppp... Halo himself is gonna beatchu.

I've been holding off on opening mine. Got both the arena and warzone packs and waiting until I unlock all silvers. This damn update is putting that back by a few more days, lol.
i know i'll regret jumping the gun but my patience evaporated weeks ago lol. Got the warzone req bundle yesterday and opened my first two packs already. Should be good to go or very close by next monday though. So it's all good.

Are there ever custom nights anymore? I know that ExWife and the crew normally run BTB and Warzone, I miss playing with y'all.
Well hello hello old-timer. Akai has been pretty good about doing warzone groups on weekends.

IHaveIce

Banned

Akai is the man behind the Warzone playdates pls don't give credits to that other bum who styles on BTB kids #Kappa

If I counted correctly you'll need to open 11 silvers packs for the new uncommon-rare so 55k reqs saved. Just assuming you don't open bronze for the common emblem.

Mix

Objective modes with randoms is even worse than Slayer, but yeah I would be free of Pegasus though :x

I played two placement matches in slayer last night with randos. I went 17-13 and 11-10 and we lost both games by like 20 kills. Fucking can't stand BK Randys

Fuchsdh

You still making OT4 bud?

Aye. It's all good to go once we get enough shitposts and title suggestions to boost us up to 399 pages :)

The lifestream teaser did make me pumped to try out the REQ grav hammers. Looks like it'd basically reduce the change you hit and damage someone but knock them out of follow-up range, which would make me much more likely to call it in.

Trup1aya

I need:

1 Armor
2 visors
1 assassination
3 emblems (at least)
5 skins

So, 6 silvers (RP 30k) To graduate to gold...

Do we know how many uncommon-rare items will be in this next update? I feel so close yet so far!

BraXzy

Aye. It's all good to go once we get enough shitposts and title suggestions to boost us up to 399 pages :)

The lifestream teaser did make me pumped to try out the REQ grav hammers. Looks like it'd basically reduce the change you hit and damage someone but knock them out of follow-up range, which would make me much more likely to call it in.

Nicee. Did someone say shitposts?

tumblr_lorfi37FWI1qa2mzto1_500.gif

We do need title suggestions though.

Top Bottom