• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

What was the rate of unlocks for the bronze packs? Meaning how often did a permanent come up? Just curious.

Sorry, was tired last night and didn't calculate properly. Factoring all the points I gained from selling common stuff while buying the Bronze packs, here's how things shook out.

Bought ~60 Bronze packs. Anywhere between 20-25 of them were complete duds, but 35-40 had in common unlocks. A couple of visors, lots of helmets and armors, my last common assassination, a few emblems, and a few loadout weapons. No certifications though.

I should preface that I've probably already spent ~100K on bronze packs and should also factor in the promotion award bronze packs.

The estimate of 250K of straight spending, not factoring in promotion awards, sounds pretty close. I'd say I landed at 190K for bronze packs.

Asian servers are completely fucked today, drops in every match, takes about 15 seconds to respawn, I'm basically playing on a one second lag right now..

And I'm banned.

E92 M3

Asian servers are completely fucked today, drops in every match, takes about 15 seconds to respawn, I'm basically playing on a one second lag right now..

And I'm banned.

image.php

Trup1aya

Today will be even better and the night is closing off with CLG vs EG!

That it will. Should be fewer sweeps. And plenty more grudge matches. Most importantly, they've figured out what to do with the intermissions. I look forward to seeing comparisons of commonly and frosty's playstyles during the build up, after what commonly said last night. We're in for a treat.

BOLDED MY INTEREST

Friday

10:00 AM Doors Open to Players

12:00 PM Pregame Show

12:30 PM Group A - Renegades vs. Epsilon

1:30 PM Group B - Dream Team vs. PENTA Sports

2:30 PM Group A - Team Allegiance vs. Team Liquid

3:30 PM Group B - Evil Geniuses vs. CLG

4:30 PM Food Break

5:00 PM Group A - Team Liquid vs. Epsilon

6:00 PM Group B - Evil Geniuses vs. PENTA Sports

7:00 PM Group A - Team Allegiance vs. Renegades

8:00 PM Group B - CLG vs. Dream Team

CLG gonna poop on EG! Let's goooo!!!!

Karl2177

Going back to the Spartan Charge discussion, part of the reason why that commendation is going to take so long is that it acts more like a Plasma Pistol than a melee. Generally when I Spartan Charge an enemy, I only knock out their shields and finish them with a weapon. I could hit them from behind, but then I'm not progressing the Assassination commendation. If I had to take a guess, my highest Spartan Charge per game playlist is probably SWAT or Breakout, because Spartan Charges do kill in one hit there.

Now that we have a french fry magnum skin and a pizza AR skin, 343 should do a Netflix and chill BR skin.

That ... uhh ... sounds more like an female-to-male spartan assassination ...

Going back to the Spartan Charge discussion, part of the reason why that commendation is going to take so long is that it acts more like a Plasma Pistol than a melee. Generally when I Spartan Charge an enemy, I only knock out their shields and finish them with a weapon. I could hit them from behind, but then I'm not progressing the Assassination commendation. If I had to take a guess, my highest Spartan Charge per game playlist is probably SWAT or Breakout, because Spartan Charges do kill in one hit there.

I try to SC in SWAT and Breakout, and save assassinations for gametypes with normal shields. SC is even more risky than assassination, because of the fact that unless shields are already low, you'll only pop, not kill.

Akai__

*** Please Read ***

I'm thinking of starting a "HaloGAF Warzone Saturdays" thing. Currently, I have 2 sessions in mind, each 4 hours:

• 1st session: 4pm to 8pm CET (10am to 2pm ET)
  • 2nd session: 12am to 4am CET (6pm to 10pm ET)

I'd stream both sessions and it would be awesome, if we could get even more streamers into these sessions, so people can watch multiple perspectives, with tools like Multitwitch/Kadgar. Additionally, people could also host their own sessions with different times, since we won't be able to reach all people with these times. With the last update, they secretely added the function to broadcast the party chat (when using the built in Xbox One streaming), so people could hear everyone talking.

Question is: Would anyone be even interested in that?
I'll go into planning phase, if that's the case, because I have some additional ideas.

Id love to participate in Warzone Saturdays but i doubt ill have the time to play all 4 hours consecutively most Saturdays.

Nobody needs to play all 4 hours. That is totally understandable and not a requirement. If this gets a thing, I'm sure we will have people waiting to join.

TCKaos

*** Please Read ***

I'm thinking of starting a "HaloGAF Warzone Saturdays" thing. Currently, I have 2 sessions in mind, each 4 hours:

I'd stream both sessions and it would be awesome, if we could get even more streamers into these sessions, so people can watch multiple perspectives, with tools like Multitwitch/Kadgar. Additionally, people could also host their own sessions with different times, since we won't be able to reach all people with these times. With the last update, they secretely added the function to broadcast the party chat (when using the built in Xbox One streaming), so people could hear everyone talking.

I'll go into planning phase, if that's the case, because I have some additional ideas.

Hell yeah, I'd be down. This is usually what happens when our party is too big for BTB anyway.

Also, you're all scrubs and you love your scrub gun:
BhcSuWO.gif

Trup1aya

*** Please Read ***

I'd love for this to be a thing. I can't guaruntee that I could always be a full participant. But I would be nice to have this be an ongoing thing and would be a good way to tag team some of these Spartan company commendations.

E92 M3

That it will. Should be fewer sweeps. And plenty more grudge matches. Most importantly, they've figured out what to do with the intermissions. I look forward to seeing comparisons of commonly and frosty's playstyles during the build up, after what commonly said last night. We're in for a treat.

Oh yeah, it will be double the matches and double the hype!

According to this EG vs CLG is at 5:30 Est. CLG vs DT will be the last series of the night.

Even better! Last night I could have sworn they showed that EG vs CLG was last.

singhr1

Id love to participate in Warzone Saturdays but i doubt ill have the time to play all 4 hours consecutively most Saturdays.

*** Please Read ***

Session 2 would be 8-12pm here in MST i think.

I could be down with it! might join in the latetho :p

The question is
should i stream

Akai__

Nobody needs to play all 4 hours. That is totally understandable and not a requirement. If this gets a thing, I'm sure we will have people waiting to join.

Updated the post with this.

Trup1aya

Regarding Aspen, what happens if three teams in the same group have the same record after the round robins? Who do they decide who goes to the semifinals? Number of overall win percentage of individual games? What if that's a tie too?

Regarding Aspen, what happens if three teams in the same group have the same record after the round robins? Who do they decide who goes to the semifinals? Number of overall win percentage of individual games? What if that's a tie too?

Not sure of their official rules but typically it is comparing their head to head records, then map score, if everything match then I guess tiebreakers.

Homeboyd

I think Epsilon will give Liquid a pretty good series. Def can't sleep on those boys. Fkn Jimbo man... good lord.

But yeah, RNG/Allegiance, RNG/Epsilon should be good ones too. CLG/EG the heavyweight match tho. Hope I can watch it live. I also wish they could hear each other during the match and could talk shit.. but I get it.

*** Please Read ***

I would definitely be interested in that. Count me in.

*** Please Read ***

I won't be available that often but I'd love to be apart of this when I am.

IHaveIce

Banned
*** Please Read ***

I'm down will also be able to stream some stuff :)

Fuchsdh

*** Please Read ***

I should be around for the evening session. Sounds like fun.

*** Please Read ***

I'd be down when I can make it in!

I'm in for REQ packs and chill

New rating for Halo 5 : Guardians - 17

REQ PACK: REQ and Chill assassination shows two spartans humping eachother in a sexual way.

No way. Roy's our boy!

Idk how i feel about then after watching last night's game. They did perform well, but dream team felt like a team that randomly match made via MM. So that sweep was expected.

Is CLG the upset tho? >=P

Ryde3

I'm down for Warzone Saturdays, the morning time sounds attractive to em! MY GT is Ryde360, I'd also love to join the HaloGAF Spartan Company... I play almost every night!

Welfare

Who cares if you got the armor first? Full set matters more.

*** Please Read ***

I'd be down.

New rating for Halo 5 : Guardians - 17

Idk how i feel about then after watching last night's game. They did perform well, but dream team felt like a team that randomly match made via MM. So that sweep was expected.

Is CLG the upset tho? >=P
People will say it's an upset because of all the Lethul drama, but honestly EG has a great LAN track record so I would disagree.

Updated the post with this.
I'll join if I'm on during that time. Pretty busy this Saturday. You have my GT

sorry double post

Top Bottom