• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Fuchsdh

Yeah i noticed they get reqs a lot faster than the defenders. Had a game where we were still lvl 2 and they were 4 or 5 as they pushed us to the core

Never noticed that myself. If anything a good defender is going to rack up kills and points faster than the attackers if they're being lemmings charging for the objective.

Having played the Noctus assault map a couple of times I really appreciate how different it is from the other maps. In particular the extra cover and distance from the second objective to the core, as well as the ramp up to the core entrance, really make the fight for the final objective a lot different, and the open space makes vehicles more useful as well as more exposed.

Never noticed that myself. If anything a good defender is going to rack up kills and points faster than the attackers if they're being lemmings charging for the objective.

Yeah defending is great for racking up kills easy. Usually we have req 3 before attackers. The past games its been flip flopped and weve been steamrolled to base earlier than expected cause we have no high reqs to counter with.

This was on that stormmarch snow varient.

I finally jumped into warzone assault last night. Grinding out bronze packs like a madman. Attackers really are at a serious disadvantage. I was becoming more and more appreciative of the shorter rounds. Might as well end the misery early on. I think I was on the defending team maybe a total of 3 or 4 times out of like 15. What is that lol?

Also I tried to tally how many uncommon I have left to unlock and I think I still have 65+ to go -_-

TCKaos

Umm

I decide to roll the dice with a gold instead of getting silvers and I get the Mark VI?

Wtf I thought I already had it

Check the codpiece. The Mark VI [GEN 1] that you get from the MCC has a codpiece and the mouthplate on the helmet is bare (the GEN2 has a black plate there for some reason).

The GEN 2 also has more glowing triangle lights on the but and legs and stuff.

Glass

You need to increase your outer deadzone is what it sounds like... Did you lower the setting compared to default?

Thanks for the suggestion, but it's definitely not that. I made a clip because it's so weird. Right at the start of this, you see me turning fine. Then when the ghost flies over me (honestly thought it was a banshee at first lol) my stick is pushed all the way to the right to turn, and you can see how slow it goes

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Glass Dallas/video/14320817

Like, I'm not crazy or missing something, that's not meant to happen for some reason right?

Strider

Thanks for the suggestion, but it's definitely not that. I made a clip because it's so weird. Right at the start of this, you see me turning fine. Then when the ghost flies over me (honestly thought it was a banshee at first lol) my stick is pushed all the way to the right to turn, and you can see how slow it goes

Like, I'm not crazy or missing something, that's not meant to happen for some reason right?

Well there used to be a bug at launch that caused slow turn but it was fixed.

It's not supposed to happen and during the aiming update 343 released the blog post about the settings which mentioned what to do if you are encountering slow turn here which is why I suggested increasing your outer deadzone. So if your outer deadzone is maxed out and you're still getting it then idk what else to suggest unfortunately.

Sorry :/ hope it gets fixed because slow turn is awful. I had the problem at launch before they released the patch to fix it.

singhr1

2 amazing comebacks this morning. One on strongholds on The Rig came back from like 30-97 to win. Another in Warzone in The ARC down like 500 we were able to cap all three bases and win when other team had 982-600

Glass

Well there used to be a bug at launch that caused slow turn but it was fixed.

It's not supposed to happen and during the aiming update 343 released the blog post about the settings which mentioned what to do if you are encountering slow turn here which is why I suggested increasing your outer deadzone. So if your outer deadzone is maxed out and you're still getting it then idk what else to suggest unfortunately.

Sorry :/ hope it gets fixed because slow turn is awful. I had the problem at launch before they released the patch to fix it.

It's only once in a while, just so bizarre when it does pop up. I'll have another play about with the settings, thanks for that link pretty interesting.

Magwik

Banned
2 amazing comebacks this morning. One on strongholds on The Rig came back from like 30-97 to win. Another in Warzone in The ARC down like 500 we were able to cap all three bases and win when other team had 982-600

I had a similar match on ARC this morning. The enemy team was up by 200 points and only had the garage when the Warden spawned in, I took the garage from them, they got pushed back away from the Warden, hijacked a ghost and rode it into their base where me and a teammate destroyed the core. Warzone can be glorious.

Glass

The one I had since launch is mythic this one is legendary and looks identical.

Ugh

What are you talking about each is a very unique helm and extremely easy to distinguish on the battlefield. For instance, one of them has some white on it.

kVVONP0.jpg

readImage

Bread

Banned

I was having this problem a couple days ago for the first time since buying the game. I chalked it up to my controller but I wonder if that glitch is happening again.

Madness

What are you talking about each is a very unique helm and extremely easy to distinguish on the battlefield. For instance, one of them has some white on it.

kVVONP0.jpg

readImage

That's what I hate most about the REQ system, the forced redundancies. There are several armors/helmets that look nearly identical but differ in ultra rare, legendary.

Same goes for the several mongoose, gungoose, scout hogs, warthogs etc. Having to sift through all that garbage.

On that note, out of the woodland, urban, tundra stuff which one is the best? Half of them say rugged with extra armor, upgraded armor, improved et.

Glass

Another offender is the different camo's on vehicles, are all the same camo pattern, just different colours. Woodland, winter, urban, tundra, its all one pattern. I love the REQ system but it's seriously padded.

Trup1aya

Another offender is the different camo's on vehicles, are all the same camo pattern, just different colours. Woodland, winter, urban, tundra, its all one pattern. I love the REQ system but it's seriously padded.

That's probably the worst for me, because the vehicles have identical attributes... I end up selling all but one of the style of variant.

They could have at least given them different properties. Tundra: extra traction, urban: tighter handling, etc

Madness

That's probably the worst for me, because the vehicles have identical attributes... I end up selling all but one of the style of variant.

They could have at least given them different properties. Tundra: extra traction, urban: tighter handling, etc

That's what I was wondering, so they're all the same right? Woodland, Urban, Tundra? Are they above Corp? Obviously ONI is the best of the best for UNSC gear like Ultra is for Covies.

Tawpgun

There's def an issue with req redundancy and over saturation.

So help me god if we get more fucking reskined vehicles or armor pieces

Edit: however I will say, it would be kinda interesting if the vehicle skins had certain effects when deployed on the respective map. So on ARC desert skins, apex forest skins, stormbreak tundra skins, and noctus urban skins.... What if you called in a vehicle that matched the environment? Maybe give it a little extra health? Reduced cool downs? Maybe make it not appear on radar?

Nowise10

I've played on Urban twice and it is just the worst map out of all three. The attackers* in the first phase are fucked from the start, spawning 2 miles away with no cover to the garage.

Like whats the deal. First game our group of 12 people owned the attackers, getting to level 8 in the first phase, just spawn killing them. The very next game we are attacking and the enemy team pulled the same thing we did the previous match, and we were just getting spawn killed, no chance.

BraXzy

kVVONP0.jpg

readImage

If there's one thing I'd seriously complain about with customisation, it's the sheer amount of useless fluff like that. And the vehicle variants that have new skins.

But I suppose you've gotta pad out the REQ loot pool with something.

Glass

I really hope Renegades get a medal, but I have a horrible feeling they're going to be in that oh so painful 4th place :/ The top 3 are all sort of swappable in terms on who could win imo

Wow at that intro, is that High Charity a separate part of the map built just for it? Loved the objects flying across, they're not actual vehicles but objects making the rest look huge right?

Glass

Stream has started up

http://www.twitch.tv/halo

My 2 cents on 343's Twitch channel: The channel needs to loosen up the auto purges on caps and emotes. It's a channel being mainly used right now for competitive games. People are going to use caps. People are going to want to use a lot of emotes, whether its a team logo or a PogChamp during a ridiculous play. I would love to see the chat move so fast in clutch moments its impossible to keep up with; that's a good sign. Instead you get walls of messages deleted and people getting timed out for 10 minutes. It's like asking a crowd at a the superbowl to stay seated and not shout/cheer.

I have no idea how other channels follow suit but during the few competitive games of CSGO I've watched, chat is insane in the best possible way. Also do game dev's generally go for sub buttons?

Fuchsdh

I've played on Urban twice and it is just the worst map out of all three. The attackers* in the first phase are fucked from the start, spawning 2 miles away with no cover to the garage.

Like whats the deal. First game our group of 12 people owned the attackers, getting to level 8 in the first phase, just spawn killing them. The very next game we are attacking and the enemy team pulled the same thing we did the previous match, and we were just getting spawn killed, no chance.

Disagree about it being a bad map but I do agree that it makes it far easier to disrupt attackers than it probably should. With the other maps you usually have to sneak around a side way or leave the safety of the top zone.

Kibbles

kVVONP0.jpg

readImage
lol too many reqs in this game. I just want to get the H2BR. I get so desperate any time I see it show up on the kill feed I try to find who has it and wait for them to die or swap weapons lol.

Top Bottom