• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Karl2177

This might be one of the worst spawn systems in a game yet. Black Ops 2 had the problem of spawning you too close to enemy players. It wasn't as awful though, because generally it was in a position that had some cover (although the caveat to the caveat is that the exits to these areas were generally chokepoints that favored the dominating team). This game has wide open spawn points that seemingly aren't affected by player line of sight. The only game I can think of that where I spawned in an enemy's line of sight this consistently was Halo 4. Halo 4's bro spawn weighting was high, so if your teammate was in the line of sight of another player, chances are your respawn would be too. This game's bro weighting doesn't seem as high, which makes me wonder what the heck the game is doing for spawns. It honestly feels like shotgun selection where the enemy isn't positioned.

The map sizes aren't doing it any favors either.

I've genuinely not found the spawning that bad. Sometimes I get shafted, but rarely, and I can't recall a Halo where that didn't happen on a small map.

Akai__

I'm finishing this Season on Diamond 4 in Arena Slayer and I'm pretty happy with that, considering that I only started to take Arena more serious like last week.

I'm finishing this Season on Diamond 4 in Arena Slayer and I'm pretty happy with that, considering that I only started to take Arena more serious like last week.

Diamond in all playlists this season.

I'm actually alright with that seeming as my friends/team managed only plat 3-6.

The Answer feels Legendary.

Seriously it is a rob to call this at 6 and being a rare, it makes any 1v1 even 1v2 encounters non factor and every single vehicle needs to back off against one or two of this. It is by far the most powerful infantry weapon in warzone, maybe only behind those ultra rare/legendary snipers, it even don't need skill to use, just point, shoot and get kills.

Trup1aya

This might be one of the worst spawn systems in a game yet. Black Ops 2 had the problem of spawning you too close to enemy players. It wasn't as awful though, because generally it was in a position that had some cover (although the caveat to the caveat is that the exits to these areas were generally chokepoints that favored the dominating team). This game has wide open spawn points that seemingly aren't affected by player line of sight. The only game I can think of that where I spawned in an enemy's line of sight this consistently was Halo 4. Halo 4's bro spawn weighting was high, so if your teammate was in the line of sight of another player, chances are your respawn would be too. This game's bro weighting doesn't seem as high, which makes me wonder what the heck the game is doing for spawns. It honestly feels like shotgun selection where the enemy isn't positioned.

The map sizes aren't doing it any favors either.

I can count on one hand the number of times I could blame the spawn system on my death.

Unless, my team is actively being spawn trapped, I simply don't run into this.

Edit: unless we are talking BTB... That shit is aweful there.

IHaveIce

Banned
IMO The spawn system isn't that bad, what really grinds my gears though is how often I get as a Solo player matched up against full groups, just now in team slayer back to back matches

IMO The spawn system isn't that bad, what really grinds my gears though is how often I get as a Solo player matched up against full groups, just now in team slayer back to back matches

Most I see changing is a mercenary playlist. Population is to small to change this now. Have to wait for Halo 6.

Madness

Ninja picked last, damn. Haha, he's definitely going to grind to get rid of the stigma he isn't also one of the best players in h5.

This is going to be GOOD!

n1qb9ym.jpg

http://www.twitch.tv/halo

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Most I see changing is a mercenary playlist. Population is to small to change this now. Have to wait for Halo 6.

You'd think this would have been a priority. That said, I mostly play solo and have a good time.

I don't think we need a merc playlist. We just need matchmaking that takes care of this. IMO make full teams that que together take longer to matchmake so they get other teams. It's BS they get to basically bully everyone else especially when (more than likely) most people are solo or double queuing.
Feel like the seasonal emblems should at least reflect your placement, what's the point otherwise? lol

You'd think that's what they would be.

BraXzy

No love for HaloGAF Bravo? :(

Think only Frank and Tashi really bother with us anymore :(

Tbf, we didn't really do anything major around the tournaments besides following it and getting hyped. A lot of places like Beyond and Reddit were keeping track of stats and doing major compilations of stuff.

Top Bottom