• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

BraXzy

I am continuously lagging out of games now. My screen starts flashing and I start to rubber band then I get dropped.

Yup, arena is a pain atm. I haven't had a game where nobody quit. I do want to try for Onyx this season, but I'm going to wait a few days until most of these people stop playing or get ban or whatever they do. So, BTB and WZ it is!

I picked the right night to skip on Halo it seems :3

I'm gonna try and finish Slayer and SWAT placements and maybe Team Arena tomorrow. Got that Onyx dream (emphasis on dream).

Has anyone ran into a problem with their Xbox where it won't detect any wireless networks? This happened to me yesterday. After a couple restarts it finally started to work. It just now happened and when I went into Network Settings it ran a test and said the wireless network hardware isn't working. :/ But I did a hard reset and it began to work again. I feel like I should send it in, but I just got it a month ago and don't want to stop playing Halo :(

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I am continuously lagging out of games now. My screen starts flashing and I start to rubber band then I get dropped.

My connection should be totally fine, above average really.

My xbox is saying zero packet loss and 105.10 Mbps down (no way that's accurate, but still), open NAT. What's going on here?

I get the opposite. I'll get dropped, do a network test and a 100% packet loss.

Magwik

Banned
Has anyone ran into a problem with their Xbox where it won't detect any wireless networks? This happened to me yesterday. After a couple restarts it finally started to work. It just now happened and when I went into Network Settings it ran a test and said the wireless network hardware isn't working. :/ But I did a hard reset and it began to work again. I feel like I should send it in, but I just got it a month ago and don't want to stop playing Halo :(
Do you have your Xbox set to Instant On power mode? It happens to me from time to time and I assume it's just a glitch with the wireless adapter not starting up or turning off due to the settings.

Do you have your Xbox set to Instant On power mode? It happens to me from time to time and I assume it's just a glitch with the wireless adapter not starting up or turning off due to the settings.

Yeah I do. I also had to turn off instant sign-in since sometimes it would get stuck at the Signing In.. screen. :/

It's good to know I'm not the only one this has happened to. If it is indeed a glitch with just Instant On i'll gladly turn it off.

Trey

Finally playing through this. The ai is hot fucking garbage, wow. Why even have them in the game if they were gonna be this bad?

Tawpgun

Lol got absolutely dumped on in slayer qualifying and still got onyx 1600's

Only diamond 3 in arena tho.

Solo q for both

jfoul

I think it was JFoul who mentioned it the other day, how they were a 120 something and posted their unlock stats. I'm currently at 118 and have more unlocked, so that's probably because I followed the Bronze -> Silver -> Gold route pretty much from the beginning without straying. Here are mine:

Yeah, I started out opening silver and gold until around SR70. I also rarely did any Warzone Assault until SR90. I'm SR127 now, and you're still slightly above me in unlocks. I should have everything unlocked by the next content release, or at least hope to.

jfoul

Lol got absolutely dumped on in slayer qualifying and still got onyx 1600's

Only diamond 3 in arena tho.

Solo q for both

I ran through my team slayer qualifier this morning and got Gold 3. Even though most of my matches I was #1, and at least 4 matches with 20 kills and few deaths.

jfoul

The REQ menu in game is so laggy for me.

Its a pain in the butt to set up my loadout every time. especially going through all the BRs.

It's a real pain in the ass if you don't die and need to upgrade quickly. I think you should be able to create custom load-outs for each REQ level. It would be nice to jump and and jump out.

Picked up a turret from off the ground. Makes me want to try the ONI turret with an Overshield.

rambo-shooting-computers-o.gif

That happened to me a few times. My connection would be fine until matchmaking started. Did a hard reset and it was still giving me that problem. It's really weird.

I just took the wired connection from my PS4 to my xbox and it started working without problem. Wired is better so I figure I'll just make the switch any time I want to play.

IHaveIce

Banned
The REQ menu in game is so laggy for me.

Its a pain in the butt to set up my loadout every time. especially going through all the BRs.
Yeah it is like only the req menu is in slowmotion or has serious input delay.

Also love that they reduced the cost for the new carbine variants.. serioulsy guys, try them, they are super strong and fast.

mo60

My connection should be totally fine, above average really.

My xbox is saying zero packet loss and 105.10 Mbps down (no way that's accurate, but still), open NAT. What's going on here?

Are you connected via a wire?

Poster#1

Have any of you played Reach recently? The UI in that game is the best in business. How the hell the series regressed after that? They can just copy/paste it.

Have any of you played Reach recently? The UI in that game is the best in business. How the hell the series regressed after that? They can just copy/paste it.

Well it's not just "copy and paste" especally because Bungie's code is messy as fuck, but yea they should have tried their best to emulate it. Halo 5's is in a pretty good place now but it's still a step below Reach's.

Absolutely loved playing Warzone Assault today, even though every goddamn match was a blowout. The new REQ costs are great, there's something exciting to spend at every level now, instead of it just being me buying speed boosts until REQ 4. I'm almost always sprinting toward the stealth loadout now, especially after unlocking the Silenced Long Shot BR; just need to get a silenced AR or SMG to complete the combination.

And oh god, Void's Tear is soooooooooo much fun. Brings me such joy *plinkplinkplinkplinkplinkplinkplinkplinkplink*

Madness

I'd say even the MCC UI was a step up from Halo 4 and I actually like it quite a bit. Sure there is some wonkiness with how it's set up, but things like the medal chest, post game carnage report, even the way fireteams are set up work well.

People argued that we should be going in blind in to Halo 5 to prevent people from quitting, stop them from backing out, but I fail to see why the little 1" thumbnail is superior to the fireteam emblems on the side. Hide their rank, but it's nice to see that the people on my team are SR-45 and have this emblem, easily click their profile to see how they are. Not having it did nothing to prevent quitting. Oh well, maybe Halo 6 will utilize some of that concept UI we saw with Roland and the holographic look.

Finally playing through this. The ai is hot fucking garbage, wow. Why even have them in the game if they were gonna be this bad?

Yeah the campaign is not great solo...

I hope the fireteam aspect is pitched. They literally added nothing to my experience besides frustrations.

Also, Halo with a revive mechanic is terrible and removes tension from the experience.

At least the level design in several places is great.. .

Poster#1

Well it's not just "copy and paste" especally because Bungie's code is messy as fuck, but yea they should have tried their best to emulate it. Halo 5's is in a pretty good place now but it's still a step below Reach's.

H5 UI is far,FAR below Reach. It's really simple and elegant. You can get to what you want with a click or two at most. Super clean too. I hope 343 overhaul the UI in the near future. Doubt it though.

I'd say even the MCC UI was a step up from Halo 4 and I actually like it quite a bit. Sure there is some wonkiness with how it's set up, but things like the medal chest, post game carnage report, even the way fireteams are set up work well.

MCC tried to emulate bungie's UI. It was OK but wasn't smooth and kinda clunky. I don't know why 343 don't care for UI. at least it's a step up from H4.

I think the key to the AI is to use them in a simple way. Few orders, let them work out their stuff, and don't presume they'll be able to rescue you everywhere. The revive mechanic is interesting in that it creates a needless frustration: the AI will prioritise getting to you over anything else, and if you're in a bad spot, this means you'll die. So you get frustrated at them not being able to revive you, whereas in other Halos you'd have just died and got on with it. The AI makes a rod for 343's back, in this respect.

Otherwise, use them as distractions, and tell them to focus on an enemy and go another way, give them longer-range weapons. I quite enjoyed using them for my solo Legendary run: they had their bad moments, but they also had some cool bits - Vale finished off a Knight solo and rezzed me, for instance. Co-op is better, obviously.

You know what sucks? Not being able to choose where to spawn your nice vehicle reqs from... My corp mantis came out the front of the main garage where the battle was going on, of course I was dead before I knew it.

Just 3 more matches to get my placement in Slayer.

I dont think i've been doing stellur in any of my games, and some of them have had quitters instantly. Let's see if i still place in Platinum and will have to grind my way up to plat 6 again to see if i can cross that threshold into Diamond.

You know what sucks? Not being able to choose where to spawn your nice vehicle reqs from... My corp mantis came out the front of the main garage where the battle was going on, of course I was dead before I knew it.

Can't you pick the spawn before you use the card? I.e. when dead you 'hover over' home base, then use the card, should spawn there.

Or do you mean when alive, and using the card at a REQ station?

Absolutely loved playing Warzone Assault today, even though every goddamn match was a blowout. The new REQ costs are great, there's something exciting to spend at every level now, instead of it just being me buying speed boosts until REQ 4. I'm almost always sprinting toward the stealth loadout now, especially after unlocking the Silenced Long Shot BR; just need to get a silenced AR or SMG to complete the combination.

And oh god, Void's Tear is soooooooooo much fun. Brings me such joy *plinkplinkplinkplinkplinkplinkplinkplinkplink*

DL im with you all the way. Getting power weapons earlier=getting more useful/fun power weapons faster.

Getting to plop down with a carbine at req 2 is surprisingly a game changer

That happened to me a few times. My connection would be fine until matchmaking started. Did a hard reset and it was still giving me that problem. It's really weird.

I just took the wired connection from my PS4 to my xbox and it started working without problem. Wired is better so I figure I'll just make the switch any time I want to play.
Unfortunately I don't have that option in my place or i'd be on wired all the time too.
I guess I'll see if the problem stops occuring since my warranty is for another year.

This guy quits the match when he was 1-3, two games later I get him on my team again. And guess what? He ends up quitting again.

This game needs harsher quit penalties. After my games I take the time to report them, and 90% of the time I see them already in another game.

E92 M3

This guy quits the match when he was 1-3, two games later I get him on my team again. And guess what? He ends up quitting again.

This game needs harsher quit penalties. After my games I take the time to report them, and 90% of the time I see them already in another game.

Stats make people desperate. Doesn't help that 343 displays the K/D front and center lol. They should give the option for people to hide their stats - I think it will reduce some of the quitting.

Stats make people desperate. Doesn't help that 343 displays the K/D front and center lol. They should give the option for people to hide their stats - I think it will reduce some of the quitting.
Sometimes I wish I was more willing to quit out of games. My stats are hideous lol.

Or just remove the leave game button, make it harder to quit and requeue instantly.

And another rant. I had two games start 3v4 in my eight game session today (funny part is we actually won one and the other was 50-48, but that's besides the point). If a rank game starts uneven like that it should automatically end when the game starts up.

E92 M3

Sometimes I wish I was more willing to quit out of games. My stats are hideous lol.

Don't let the stats define you :p

Or just remove the leave game button, make it harder to quit and requeue instantly.

Very easy to close the client and come back lol. 343 should look at rewarding people that play - punishment is obviously ineffective. Maybe they can give req packs weekly to people that don't quit. They're just being super stingy.

Don't let the stats define you :p

Very easy to close the client and come back lol. 343 should look at rewarding people that play - punishment is obviously ineffective. Maybe they can give req packs weekly to people that don't quit. They're just being super stingy.

Or add something like, finish 3, 5, 10 games in a row you get some nice bonus, like REQ or EXP boost.

Top Bottom