• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

I am still hoping for a gametype in Fiesta that populates the map and spawns with the unique versions of every weapon type so I can actually try these things out for once

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
Is Diamond 6 the highest you can be ranked right off the bat now? Just watched Spartan absolutely destroy kids in Team Arena (I'm talking like 20-5 every match) and he only matched at Diamond 6.

Onyx 1700 is the highest for placements. You can't go any higher.

Caja 117

God dammit I'm gonna end up buying the Arena Req bundle, huh. Guess I should grind out a bunch of silvers first though to really get my money's worth?

Need more helmets and gun skins... and emblems...
it is a waste of Golds to open them up if you haven't gone trough a lot of silver.

I don't think I will open another gold pack until I'm done with Silvers.

Chittagong

Gold Member
No host advantage, just skillz fam

I realize you're being serious here, I just had to do a bit of shamelss self-promotion.

I ain't even mad about the shit netcode, I have come to expect it from 343. When I am half a second behind I just bite the bullet, nothing I can do about it but crouch and hide, try to surprise enemies

What really does make me mad is getting downranked when once in ten matches I have a good ping, and then get stuck with a shit team:

jwORNln.jpg

Caja 117

I ain't even mad about the shit netcode, I have come to expect it from 343. When I am half a second behind I just bite the bullet, nothing I can do about it but crouch and hide, try to surprise enemies

What really does make me mad is getting downranked when once in ten matches I have a good ping, and then get stuck with a shit team:

Is not Netcode problems, Halo 5 Netcode most likely is the best in the entire series. the problem is server selection.

Glass

Going to be visiting family for a week starting day after tomorrow, HaloGAF pls no kickerino, I still have so much to give.

Onyx 1700 is the highest for placements. You can't go any higher.

To add:

Based on feedback from the community, we are making some tweaks to the Onyx and Champion CSR. Players noticed that it was possible to place into Champion (at least temporarily) simply by being the first 200 people in Onyx to complete their placement matches in a season. We are doing two things to increase the competitiveness for Champions. First, the new minimum CSR to earn a Champion rank will be 1800 rather than 1500. Additionally, we’ve placed a cap on the highest CSR you can earn after your placement matches at 1700. These changes will make Champions a more elite group and reward players that prove they're amongst the top in the world.

Both of these changes rolled out just today (Monday February 1) with the start of the new season), through service side updates, and do not require the download of a content update.

We’ve also been working on additional improvements for players in regions around the globe, and will have more details and updates to share in the very near future. We’ll be monitoring telemetry and feedback

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/february-matchmaking-updates

BraXzy

The wording of that still confuses me.. The highest you can get after your placements.. so does that mean if you play after your 10 matches, you cap at 1700? When are you allowed me to go higher?

Or does it literally just mean you can't place more than that initially? In which case the wording makes little sense.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
as someone who struggles between plat 2-6 but regularly places at the top of my team in games, i blame poor teammates for not being ranked higher. would i be better off trying to team up for ranking matches in hopes of getting placed into diamond, or should i do my qualifying matches how i'll play the game generally, solo?

Does it bother anyone else the multiplayer is supposed to be in canon now and the BR is called the Halo 2 BR? Kool-Aid man breaking right through that fourth wall.

Leyasu

Banned

jwORNln.jpg

I had some solid games tonight. I would say that only two max were out of region. The rest were real tight.

That Halo 2 br is an absolute fucking beast. I love it.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Here's another great game today.

sHqbaMA.jpg

- All my team quits early on
- If I quit I get a ban for half an hour
- I quickly realize I have shit out of region servers so I don't really stand a chance, no point in trying
- If I play actively on out of region servers, I get killed more than if I do nothing
- If I do nothing, I get banned too, for inactivity
- So what I need to do, is to browse GAF, and nudge the stick every so often to make the game think I'm playing

I get satisfaction knowing is that the four opponents had one of the most boring matches of their life, but that they were so petty that they rather endured it for the win points than quit.

Best of Halo multiplayer, ladies and gentlemen.

E92 M3

sHqbaMA.jpg

- I quickly realize have shit out of region servers so I don't really stand a chance, no point in trying
- If I play actively on out of region servers, I get killed more than if I do nothing
- So what I need to do, is to browse GAF, and nudge the stick every so often to make the game think I'm playing

I get satisfaction knowing is that the four opponents had one of the most boring matches of their life, but that they were so petty that they rather endured it for the win points than quit.

One time I was left 1v4 and did the opposite. Ended up creating a very sweaty match for the opponents and going positive lol.

Caja 117

- I quickly realize I have shit out of region servers so I don't really stand a chance, no point in trying

Sounds almost like a normal day on Halo 3 MLG playlist, at least I don't get derankers or player with fake 50 accounts anymore.

Chittagong

Gold Member
One time I was left 1v4 and did the opposite. Ended up creating a very sweaty match for the opponents and going positive lol.

Yeah you can totally get to 1.0 KD when you are on same region servers, I usually do that if I'm the last man in my team. But if you have the lag handicap on top of the 1-on-4 handicap, there is just no point.

E92 M3

Yeah you can totally get to 1.0 KD when you are on same region servers, I usually do that if I'm the last man in my team. But if you have the lag handicap on top of the 1-on-4 handicap, there is just no point.

It sucks that you have to fight with lag as well.

Caja 117

I have quit out of several 1v4's and never been banned, didn't know they counted.

I think bans are made on a counter meaning if you play a lot of games without quitting a game, then quit once, play 5 mores, quit again, you are not getting a ban.

Yesterday I got what it looked like a server side Ban by mistake, as I quit one match, nothing happened, then I played the next game and then got the Ban message, I proceeded to restart Halo and the Ban was gone, not sure what really happened, I remember getting disconnected from a game earlier, not sure if that also was part of it.

Trup1aya

Does it bother anyone else the multiplayer is supposed to be in canon now and the BR is called the Halo 2 BR? Kool-Aid man breaking right through that fourth wall.

Avoiding player confusion> cannon

If people went to pick up the BR-55, would they know it's the one from H2?

Leyasu

Banned
I've quit a few 1 vs 4 and have not received the ban hammer. Still, a surrender option that can be used a maximum of 3 times in 24h should be looked at Imo.

The current system is not ideal.

Is there any chance we can get a playlist that mixes things up for the weapon loadouts? e.g. how about arena with WZ BR variants?

The default BR scope and firing feels pale in comparison to many of the WZ BRs. Even if we could just get the visual side of those BRs in arena that would be something I think, perhaps they don't perform like their WZ counterparts (so things are balanced) but enable players to use skins/scopes etc from their REQ collections.

How about it 343? I love the AR and pistol starts but a playlist that mixes the weapons and vehicles from WZ in 4v4 or BTB playlists would be cool.

Ramirez

Because assault or any other objective type games(not including ctf or strongholds) don't really work on the current maps?!

It should be in the Breakout list where it belongs.

Also, completely baffled as to why The Rig power weapons have stayed the same for another season. Hands down the worst slayer map in the game.

Caja 117

I thought Breakout was out of HCS, why is this awful Arena variant still in TA?
Yeah, Breakout seems so out of place inside the TA rotation, I really dislike having to play it when i get it.

On a related note, Breakout arena in regret is very easy to cap the flag.

I quit three of my placements matches for TS the other day and never got ban. They were all 2v4 or 1v4, I'm not going to waste everyone's time with matches like that.

mo60

Just saw this going around on twitter. Good news for Halo 5 if it really does have the best player retention (percentage obviously) since Halo 3.

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/5443-halo-5-guardians-discussion/page-4054#entry675131

I'm not surprised. If I recall at this point in time halo 4's population declined by well over 50% compared to when it launched(it had a peak daily population on a normal day between 60k and 80k if I recall a few month after it launched). Daily player population for that game probably also dropped dramatically in the same time period. Halo 5's is definitely nowhere near that severe based on what Josh said. I think Halo 5's population may have been holding steady kinda in the last month or two.The game's population daily population peak is probably not that far from where it peaked in the middle of November most likely.Halo reach decline was also pretty severe if I recall, but not as bad as 4. Anyway this is very good news for halo 5's future. Now they just need to make sure they knocked the next halo game out of the park to make sure it has a bigger userbase than 5.

Akai__

Only 3 commendations more and we will unlock the Achilles armor let's keep up the good
work guys! :D

Not really. We actually have to complete Level 3, which means the commendations have to show 4/5.

If you check the top of the page, it says that we met 5/31 requirements.

Karl2177

Played 3 games. First game I got beat by a guy that was clearly better than me. No problems there. Next game I didn't spawn in until the leader has 5 kills, one of which was apparently on me. Kept getting awful spawns, where someone with a non-spawn weapon was looking at me. Last game I get this. My first death was fine, I got outshot. The second death is the one in the video at the start where I spawned in between a Carbine guy and an AR guy fighting. Then that lag incident happened. I quit after I killed an afk guy only to just die out of nowhere by said afk guy's AR that wasn't even firing. Enough was enough.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Got my first warzone match where I was unable to use the req system while everyone else did. Kinda fun donging with the pistol and scavenging the map for new weapons.

Akai__

They made changes to Warzone and required energy levels:

Carbine

Carbine: 4 -> 2
Rain of Oblivion: 4 -> 3
Blood of Suban: 5 -> 4

Suppressor

Suppressor: 2 -> 1

Bolt Shot

Boltshot: 2 -> 1

Light Rifle

Light Rifle: 5 -> 4
Barbed Lance: 5 -> 4
Dying Star: 6 -> 5

SAW

Saw: 5 -> 4
Appetite for Destruction: 6 -> 5

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/warzone-req-cost-changes

It's all forgotten, especially with a Dr. House gif. :)

It happened to all of us, until somebody pointed it out.

Top Bottom