• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Our commendations have definitely been going faster. We'll probably have the armor unlocked sometime in March by the look of things.

This is killing me. I get kicked out of EVERY warzone match I play. Doesn't matter what account I'm on. Is this happening to anyone else?

singhr1

Good changes to REQ levels. Surprised they didn't make any changes to make some lower REQs higher like Whiplash (thank you 343).

Carbine at some point should just be a loadout weapon. Most people would still choose BR or DMR over it.

Also surprised the boltshot variations are sticking to 2 & 3.

Because assault or any other objective type games(not including ctf or strongholds) don't really work on the current maps?!

With some play testing the right spawns and arming points would work on many of the H5 maps. Arming times would likely need a little adjusting per map IMO.

I feel like the H5 maps would really suit 1 sided OBJ. Imagine Warzone where you capture the bases in waves and then unlock the core so you can arm a bomb. If this year could bring something that is what I want for Halo.

Fuck BTB, give me WZ 1 & 2 CTF & Bomb.

Trup1aya

Protip:

You can take out the core with Ad Victorium without even going inside the base.

from outside, you can launch the rockets into the core room, then use smartLink to guide them into the core.

Prostrats. I need to see someone doing this.

Wait what? Imma try this one out tonight, holy shit.

What? I didn't know that.

Apparently it's called ad Victorium core sniping

Its gonna be power weapons all over the place right away.

One have to work hard to get there. Earn it.
Taking down req points so much is bad imo .

Or maybe it will be good. Have to try it :D

Love warzone.. When are we gonna get new maps again?

They should have left the 2nd and 3rd tier carbines where they were, but the reducing the cost of the vanilla was the right move.

Magwik

Banned

3w7kcZy.gif

Ryde3

This is killing me. I get kicked out of EVERY warzone match I play. Doesn't matter what account I'm on. Is this happening to anyone else?

Happened to me about an hour ago, but I was getting beat so bad and wanted to quit anyways that I was happy about it. It was really odd though.

belushy

Banned
Off-topic

EnvyUs just signed an Overwatch team. The game was only in beta for like a month or two and a big org like nV comes in already....

Pretty neat. Anyone wanna team on EG ;)

But on a real note.

Some latency and teleporting spartan issues today.

A lot of instant quitters too. Finally got to use a h2br. Instant Nostalgia. Lol

Trup1aya

lmao!!!! I wont be surprised if that gets patched.

I mean, this video was posted Before Christmas and I think I did it a few weeks prior to that. It doesn't seem popular enough to patch out, also, getting descoped kills your ability to guide the rockets.

I used to use advictorium all the time, my thinking was that since I can effectively use it from long distances, i wouldn't get spawn killed with it. I went ham at first, racking up 30+ kills a game, then all of a sudden I started dying everytime I pulled one out.

I need that in customs stat so I can practice with it. If I try to spawn in with that I'd instantly get splattered by a Ghost.

Forget it, no amount of practice is going to save you from being spawn splattered... By your own teammate no less...

JackHerer

The lag is strong today. I got a ban for lagging out too many times. This problem only started recently; when the game first launched I never lagged out of games. I'm east coast US.

Anyone not yet placed in Slayer or SWAT and want to group up? Or breakout, I suppose. After my luck with teammates in TA last night, I think I need to roll with a group. GT is same as my GAF name.

Ramirez

Our commendations have definitely been going faster. We'll probably have the armor unlocked sometime in March by the look of things.

Yup, like half of the SC pre-purge hadn't played since Late November/Mid December, lol. As long as we keep an eye on it and keep active people in it, I don't think this will take as long as some think.

Trup1aya

Yup, like half of the SC pre-purge hadn't played since Late November/Mid December, lol. As long as we keep an eye on it and keep active people in it, I don't think this will take as long as some think.

All the FUD was based on pre purge commendation rates... Now things are chugging along nicely

blakep267

Nice. I used to just sell off my bolt shots and suppressors since I didn't have much need for them at the cost of 2 req points each. Ill def spawn with a boltshot every time from now on

According to Waypoint, it appears they made changes to matchmaking regarding EU players. Some people is reporting that they are getting only EU servers tonight.
The downside of this is that I'm not able to play at 3am because i don't find EU players.
This only proves that they should let us choose if we want local server or not.
Don't get me wrong. If this is true, I prefer to only get EU servers, but i they let us choose I could play at 3am too :/

JackHerer

I am continuously lagging out of games now. My screen starts flashing and I start to rubber band then I get dropped.

My connection should be totally fine, above average really.

My xbox is saying zero packet loss and 105.10 Mbps down (no way that's accurate, but still), open NAT. What's going on here?

Yeah the new match making system isnt working out for a lot of people who had flawless connections previously. Including me.

They might just need to tune it down a bit. Doubt they would make more azure servers available for halo 5.

If only.

link1201

I am continuously lagging out of games now. My screen starts flashing and I start to rubber band then I get dropped.

My connection should be totally fine, above average really.

My xbox is saying zero packet loss and 105.10 Mbps down (no way that's accurate, but still), open NAT. What's going on here?

Yeah, it's getting old. :/

So many quitters. Even more annoying in qualifying matches.

Yup, arena is a pain atm. I haven't had a game where nobody quit. I do want to try for Onyx this season, but I'm going to wait a few days until most of these people stop playing or get ban or whatever they do. So, BTB and WZ it is!

Top Bottom