• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Nowise10

I don't know what Halo 5 game you guys are playing where you get matches in 5 seconds. Just last night it took me almost 3 minutes to get a Fiesta match. Last week when I was playing Breakout I would have to search for 3 - 5 minutes per match (I even got the "Their might not be enough people in this playlist" message a couple times though out the days). BTB on average to around 30 seconds to get a match too, unless it was a JiP game

Akai__

I don't know what Halo 5 game you guys are playing where you get matches in 5 seconds. Just last night it took me almost 3 minutes to get a Fiesta match. Last week when I was playing Breakout I would have to search for 3 - 5 minutes per match (I even got the "Their might not be enough people in this playlist" message a couple times though out the days). BTB on average to around 30 seconds to get a match too, unless it was a JiP game

Fiesta and Breakout are the least popualated playlists and BTB requires more players. Of course you will search longer there.

Your experience will depend on where you live. Population is fine here in the US

They don't show population numbers, but you find matches in seconds.

As Fata said, you get matches in seconds. In the age of multi platform games, I think Halo 5 is a pretty darn healthy exclusive, still going strong.

thanks lads, guess i will buy it next week then. i played the beta and i enjoyed it, does team slayer have br/ar starts or ar/magnum? cant stand the latter

Glass

thanks lads, guess i will buy it next week then. i played the beta and i enjoyed it, does team slayer have br/ar starts or ar/magnum? cant stand the latter

giphy.gif

Strider

Geez.... Players lagging out of multiple pro league qualifing matches already...

Everyone saw this coming but seriously man Pro League on these servers is not gonna go well unless changes are made. I know it's not all on the servers and some it is just gonna be poor connections from the players themselves but the servers have without a doubt gotten worse since launch.

BraXzy

So why was Halo 3 so popular?
Honest question.
I dont like it, but I didnt played it at the time

It was a hell of a lot of fun, there wasn't anywhere near as much competition out. There was CoD 4 and that was about it. So two main titles.

A lot of people, myself included, where at that age where you have lots of free time and playing online was the best way to use it!

And then of course it had the first variation of Forge, and tonnes of amazingly fun custom games, with a big community to play them with. I played as many custom games as I did online matches, and I'm talking a few thousand. Goooooood times.

Defect

I loved and defended Halo 3 but I played it a few days ago and it was just terrible. Useless weapons, bad maps, that br...

The Campaign and Customs were always great though!

Honest question.
Simplest answer to that question is that it was inevitable. Halo 1 and Halo 2 sold millions, the franchise was growing in popularity and Halo 3 was the first HD Halo, 2 years after the sexy new Xbox launched.

Halo 3's popularity points to the circumstances surrounding the game, not necessarily the quality of the gameplay. I remember the first time I played Halo 3 on launch, I thought I was playing the wrong gametype with super slow settings, but then I quickly realized what Bungie had done. The beta wasn't too bad, the Carbine was actually decent and the BR sounded more effective, but come launch and seeing how gameplay was worse than the beta, it was quite disappointing.

Halo 3 is trash

I have a legitimate dislike for Halo 3's multiplayer that astounds my friends. They love it. Coincidentally, they're the only people I know who are ranked Bronze and Silver in Halo 5.

(Trev, Justin, I love you).

Honest question.

The weapon sandbox was bad. The BR dominated everything up close but immediately fell out of favor at a distance due to random spread and projectiles. TBH, I dig the projectiles, but the random spread could (and did) screw you over up close with the BR.

Moreover, the networking for the game was garbage, and it wasn't uncommon to fire shots that simply disappearing into the aether.

BR starts for BTB was a yuuuuuuuge mistake. Yuuuuge.

The yugest. The only good thing about those starts is that I've got a Gold Standard BR that I love looking at.

PEGASUS FUCKING SUCKS

The upside to Pegasus is that the callouts are easy. Everything else about it is pure garbage.

Velcoro

Honest question.

For it's time H3 had some of the best multiplayer of all Halo games and I feel like most of the pros would agree. It was challenging as hell and it was not forgiving at all. But obviously going back now and playing it on MCC, it's just not fun. H5 really changed everything.

Nowise10

I was looking back at the REQ sheet from the Bulletin last night.

6AVIEDy.png

Theory: The Bulletin was so late last night is because they forgot to make the REQ sheet, thus had to rush it resulting in multiple mistakes in it

I was looking back at the REQ sheet from the Bulletin last night.

Theory: The Bulletin was so late last night is because they forgot to make the REQ sheet, thus had to rush it resulting in multiple mistakes in it

What am I looking at? I'm not the most attentive person.

Some of y'all need to stop sipping the crazy juice; H3 was terrific.

Some maps weren't that great (Isolation), but the game was so good at the the time. Forge maps were fantastic, too. Anyone else remember one time when they put out a zombie playlist and there was this forge map called Zombie Manor or something like that?

Watching both teams' streams, Ninja is making some of the worst plays and challenges. Definitely needs to get his head in the game if they want to win. Last game on rig slayer he has camo and loses the game with a pistol battle trade instead of exploiting the camo they had.

bchamba

Yea RNG stays collapsing after such a hot start. Penguin lagged out of a game where I think they were up and they replayed it and loss. Looks like they've been on tilt since.

Top Bottom