• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Even though content hasn't been as fast as everyone likes, I still vastly prefer what they have delivered and not having to spend $60 on a season pass on day 1 has been great..i know they have reqs to buy, but it is optionl.

They obviously they need a huge update to gain some more momentum. These updates are nice but when its put into perspective, all the shine and gliter glam is removed. Some could argue the playlist updates shouldn't be a main tagline as the update when it should have been there day 1, like previous halo games. . . .

Like we have a house of 15 doors. We bought it and found out only 2 doors unlocked. Every month we get a key to unlock 1 door. Whatever is in that room is now available back to us to use.

Anyway, i want halo 5 to still grow and sustaion well into the end of 2017 until 6 comes for the transition. Which ill buy too.

BraXzy

$200 in individual REQ packs, the Arena bundle, the 47 Gold packs etc plus a standard edition and a collectors edition of the game

P.S And still no HALO 2 BR!

I'm just glad the Xbox doesn't have a spent counter like Steam does, I checked my Dota 2 spending recently and... it was beyond insane. I'd hate to know the actual figure I've spent on H5 xD

I bought the Limited Edition, Digital standard, Arena REQ bundle and the $30 gold pack bundle more than a few times. I paid for lots of map packs. :p

Even though content hasn't been as fast as everyone likes, I still vastly prefer what they have delivered and not having to spend $60 on a season pass on day 1 has been great..i know they have reqs to buy, but it is optional.

Wait what? Frankie told me I had to buy the packs. D:

Ramirez

These updates have all been mildly the same content wise. So why some of you hype yourselves up for something way more each month is confusing.

You know you're going to get 1-2 maps, skins, armor, emblems, and weapon variants. How could you be so dissapointed with this update? It has everything the past ones have, lol. They haven't even uncovered 2 of the main REQs, at least wait for that, sheesh.

These updates have all been mildly the same content wise. So why some of you hype yourselves up for something way more each month is confusing.

You know you're going to get 1-2 maps, skins, armor, emblems, and weapon variants. How could you be so dissapointed with this update? It has everything the past ones have, lol. They haven't even uncovered 2 of the main REQs, at least wait for that, sheesh.

It's more so that they are going to fail to hit the 15+ maps by June as previously stated. I wasn't that disappointed in Memories of Reach, A Warzone Spire map would have been cool though.

Ramirez

It's more so that they are going to fail to hit the 15+ maps by June as previously stated. I wasn't that disappointed in Memories of Reach, A Warzone Spire map would have been cool though.

I think it's pretty apparent those BTB maps were being counted in that number. The complete silence on the matter speaks volumes.

Well they did count them at launch; They counted orion, pegasus and the breakout maps right?

Lol wonder if they counted the forge btb maps as part of the count....

Edit:
I counted 13 mentioned maps. Whether they are dev, assault or btb forge.

So were getting 1 with memories. All they have to do is have 2-3 for hog wild to avoid legal shit i guess.

But the BTB maps were designed by cartographers. It's different.

Im just going by the amount of maps mentioned in their content updates. Not a standard of how maps differentiate. They all have said they go in these btb maps to fix art/spawning/whatever else adjustments to make sure it works lol.

The people have standards and so does their legal team.

lets be real.

BradC00

Well they did count them at launch; They counted orion, pegasus and the breakout maps right?

I don't even mind that they count forge maps. the problem is that they are garbage, look terrible, and lazy. orion and pegasus should have never even been thought up of. and then you see some of the maps forgers are making that look decent and shit on those two, you gotta wonder why a huge company is looking dumb by some dude in his mom's basement.

I don't even mind that they count forge maps. the problem is that they are garbage, look terrible, and lazy. orion and pegasus should have never even been thought up of. and then you see some of the maps forgers are making that look decent and shit on those two, you gotta wonder why a huge company is looking dumb by some dude in his mom's basement.

Or in an attic like
Fata1moose, sir dany, braxzy and forerunner

rarity-20130411T034123-4j7pzkx.png

blamite

Haha wow, I completely forgot Breakout was a thing until just now. I think it's safe to assume that mode won't be brought back for Halo 6.

Ramirez

Unacceptable to count forged maps towards that number, as it goes against expectations.

I'm not arguing that they're acceptable. BTB would be on the cutting room floor completely in my perfect world. ;p

^ They're seeing a thumbnail and the preview footage and coming to the conclusion it sucks.

I'm not arguing that they're acceptable. BTB would be on the cutting room floor completely in my perfect world. ;p

^ They're seeing a thumbnail and the preview footage and coming to the conclusion it sucks.

We are not saying it sucks. We are saying it's stupid to have a remake on such a recent map.

Leyasu

Banned
I'd agree, I don't really want a Halo 6 on the under powered Xbone, they already made compromises with the first Halo developed for the console. Plus waiting on the next Xbox may alleviate franchise fatigue.

This. They need to bury that disappointment next to the the ET cartridges in the desert. Hopefully they won't do a .5, and will release something substantial in 2017. 4 year gen like the OG

Yeah im rdy to leave my huge underpowered xbox one behind. No worries cause of bc that will be avail on the new xbox.

Gimmie gimmie i am hungry!

Leyasu

Banned
Either figure, same story. There's not going to be dev crafted BTB maps.

It almost crushes me. (almost because they have removed the region lock ). Halo 5 BTB is on another level and was the ultimate reason as to why I stuck with that underpowered fucking piece of shit xbone. That plus halo on dedicated servers.

Yet BTB is like the smelly cousin that everyone is embarrassed about and what no one wants anything to do with .

Sorry, my last two posts read like the bitter jilted ex wrote them.. Lol

Leyasu

Banned
I mean a snowy map is pretty cool I guess, hope it's better than Torque. I'm surprised they didn't remake a Reach map (
but make one of them actually good
) If we can just get a Sanghelios map at some point that'd be great. Also they should put those forge remakes like Beaver Creek in matchmaking idgaf

Would it even be possible to modify a reach map into something halfway decent?

Would it even be possible to modify a reach map into something halfway decent?

I'd like to see a Countdown re-work, not a 1-1 scale remake, but tweaked for Halo 5's sandbox. Reach's other 4v4 maps don't even reach "decent" in their quality, Anchor 9 and Condemned are okay, but not worth remaking.

I'd much rather see Haven, Skyline or Monolith from Halo 4 than anything in Reach.

Trup1aya

Remind me, did they ever show screenshots/gameplay snippets? Or just the art? Maybe it got axed :(

I thought they showed a WIP in one of the sprints, maybe I'm wrong...

That artwork is actually much more visually interesting than Rig

how is the game population wise? i forget about this game but might just pick it up now if it isnt dead

Your experience will depend on where you live. Population is fine here in the US

Leyasu

Banned
I'd like to see a Countdown re-work, not a 1-1 scale remake, but tweaked for Halo 5's sandbox. Reach's other 4v4 maps don't even reach "decent" in their quality, Anchor 9 and Condemned are okay, but not worth remaking.

I'd much rather see Haven, Skyline or Monolith from Halo 4 than anything in Reach.

Lol even countdown should be condemned to an eternity of exclusion. Those three halo 4 maps that you mention I like also. I would love to see them comeback. I honestly liked most of halo 4s BTB maps as well, and would be over the fucking moon to have some of those back.

Glass

how is the game population wise? i forget about this game but might just pick it up now if it isnt dead

As Fata said, you get matches in seconds. In the age of multi platform games, I think Halo 5 is a pretty darn healthy exclusive, still going strong.

Top Bottom