• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Madness

Epsilon Halo is no longer Jimbo and the Buk twins and Snipedrone. Must suck for Epsilon to lose perhaps the best non-NA Halo team. Snipedrone and Jimbo are teaming with Tufoxy and Chalkie I think. No word on the Buk twins.

What about all the breakout and grifball maps they added? They are way over 18.

those aren't real tho, i know lots about DLC culture and honor and shame are huge parts of it

f0RMAsg.gif

BizzyBum

For some reason my Warden kills aren't adding towards the commendation. It says that I killed the Warden in the kill feed along with the medal and everything. What gives?

I couldn't find a good .gif of it, so here's the 3-spartan victory animation from the Beta for all your brobro needs:

bvWF2BJ.gif
I'm still salty people complained about this. It had to be quite a few people too. Which means someone in here is responsible, probably SCHUEY since he's old. "In my day we played competitive games like stick can with respek, none of this hot doggin' nonsense!"

BraXzy

I couldn't find a good .gif of it, so here's the 3-spartan victory animation from the Beta for all your brobro needs:

bvWF2BJ.gif

It maybe wanted toning down a bit so no one was bothered by it, but the concept was great imo. Cool little after game celebrations. The more subtle high fives and stuff were fine too.

I wonder if celebration REQ's were actually a thing.

It has been glitched since a few days into Firefight beta.

It's not glitched. You still have to be the person(s) that actually lands the killing blow. With the last update, they changed the requirements for damage dealt to the boss that would lead to the medal display/kill feed to like 1%. So you're getting in-game recognition for helping kill them, but the commendations still only count if you actually killed them.

BizzyBum

It's not glitched. You still have to be the person(s) that actually lands the killing blow. With the last update, they changed the requirements for damage dealt to the boss that would lead to the medal display/kill feed to like 1%. So you're getting in-game recognition for helping kill them, but the commendations still only count if you actually killed them.

That's dumb.

I want to see that medal onlt if I landed the killing blow. lol

Akai__

A simple toggle would have fixed the "issue" completelty. You don't like these animations? Well, you can disable them.

Of course that solution is way too simple, though.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I'm still salty people complained about this. It had to be quite a few people too. Which means someone in here is responsible, probably SCHUEY since he's old. "In my day we played competitive games like stick can with repsek, none of this hot doggin' nonsense!"

Damn right, lol! *old man yells at cloud

BizzyBum

I'm finally almost done with Silver's until Memories of Reach.

It's going to be crazy hard not to break down and just buy the gold packs. lol

jfoul

bvWF2BJ.gif

I think 343i should put these back in the game. For the people that don't like it, offer a toggle in the UI to disable it. I also wouldn't mind having celebration unlocks added to the REQ system.

Okay what in the damned hell is up with the Co-op legendary campaign? I'm only playing with 1 other person and it feels like I'm playing a Mythic/LASO run, the difficulty spike is soo damn terrible with just the second level I had to quit halfway after 2 hours. and from what I heard it stacks with every person added so god knows how much more terrible it gets.

Heres hoping the campaign balance update fixes this.

Still feel indifferent about those victory animation, they are alright but other games have the same exact things and thought Spartans are too dignified to do such a thing, Spartans 4 probably not but Spartan 2 definitely are. As much as I think the victory things are fun don't feel like they fit in with the super competitive tone that halo 5 gives. That and it would look like a mess to have those vin poses in btb.

those aren't real tho, i know lots about DLC culture and honor and shame are huge parts of it

http://i.imgur.com/f0RMAsg.gif[img][/QUOTE]

Fedora-unner indeed.

[B]Also 343 what is going on in the world of Australian dedis at the moment?[/B] The last week has been hell and the last few nights two playlists show high latency and the majority others don't. How exactly are playlists divided to regional dedis and getting a difference of latency between playlists? This is bat shit crazy. Note I've released my MAC address, reconfigured my router (that didn't need it), used two different ISP connections (ADSL2+ and DOCSIS 3.1) and it's the same crap. TL;DR it ain't me or my friends it's at your end. This resulted in only my son playing WZ Turbo this weekend but I couldn't bring myself to play with 250+ ms in game. Come on, help a fan out.

[IMG]http://screenshotscontent-t3002.xboxlive.com/000911111111593e-7ad30552-cd51-4a5d-9965-40066aa2dad6/Screenshot-Original.png?sv=2014-02-14&sr=c&sig=fspO%2Fohc81FjkLpkk32q0gRxoD6aoth1tDXeVv5d1wY%3D&st=2016-05-01T23%3A22%3A18Z&se=2016-05-02T00%3A27%3A18Z&sp=r&__gda__=1462148838_7dcce7a1d833abd775e4527420d734a2

Screenshot-Original.png

It's not isolated and not the first time either:
https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/3pvhkg/halo_5_au_high_latency_issues/

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...ng/8dd05f86-a1b6-40b3-89bc-f0094a546c93/posts

I'm hoping the update for regional locks/toggles is a real Champion or at least Onyx standard in it's performance. Also FF can't get here soon enough, please throw a turbo mode into FF on weekend rotations too. That would really help out the Aussie connections regardless.

CeeSaw

Anyone else having trouble connecting to the REQ servers when they boot up the game? It started with the last update it seems and a hard reset can fix it sometimes but even then it isn't a guaranteed solution. Not having any connectivity problems with any other game and it is a bummer when I wanna jump on some warzone but cannot connect to the servers.

Trup1aya

A simple toggle would have fixed the "issue" completelty. You don't like these animations? Well, you can disable them.

Of course that solution is way too simple, though.

Lots of the remaining "issues" with this game could have been handled with a toggle. (I'm looking at you matchmaking option)

Such a missed Req opportunity. I'd much rather unlock a "running-man" or "twerking" victory celebration than most of these armors,visors,stances, and skins. those that don't want to see it could get the default boring pose.

Still feel indifferent about those victory animation, they are alright but other games have the same exact things and thought Spartans are too dignified to do such a thing, Spartans 4 probably not but Spartan 2 definitely are. As much as I think the victory things are fun don't feel like they fit in with the super competitive tone that halo 5 gives. That and it would look like a mess to have those vin poses in btb.

The game has Pizza as a weapon skin, I am pretty sure that some fun is allowed in this super serious world that some people have thought of for this game.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
It's not that I don't think they fit some kind of "serious, competitive tone" the game has. I actually think it reflects a sort of competitiveness that is dumb. I don't play/watch sports and I'm not into the hype/posturing. I also think the boring "stand and look at the camera" victory animations are a pointless waste of time. You can easily play 30 matches in a short time span and lose half of them, so the vanity of showing off when you win is stupid and meaningless to me. I'm more about the journey of a match. Win or lose, do you have some cool/funny plays? Record a clip and share it. That's nice.

That's not to say that really competitive feelings can't come out and real hard wins can't be had. The other day we were pretty evenly matched at around 800 and lost a Warden coinflip, then overcame the 150+ deficit to win 1000-998 by pure gunplay. That was worth feeling really good about and sure, some victory animation would have made sense, but then WZ doesn't have those. These short little arena matches are the kind of thing that used to ("back in the day") just be on infinite roll without these animations and XP counting and stats screens and re-matchmaking breaking it up.

Top Bottom