• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

With the removal of region lock I'm finding myself being matched with Americans (I'm in Australia) and it's still very payable.

Kind of thinking of joining the Spartan company warzone shenanigans some time.

If you see swinging udders online when invites are being sent out... That's me!

And the team I was on in that second match got crushed by you guys.I was camping on top of one of the garages my team captured for like the majority of that match with my sentinel DMR I even joined you guys in a third match where we won.Some random guy, TCKaos and me were on top of the leaderboard in that match. I was matched with I Pingy I also earlier and in that match my team got rid of the enemy team's core in barely under 10 minutes.

That game we were against you, we actually killed your elite and we kind of felt bad about that. That game was not a fair match.

ZURcDps.jpg

mo60

That game we were against you, we actually killed your elite and we kind of felt bad about that. That game was not a fair match.

ZURcDps.jpg

I pretty much gave up right when I recognized that the team you were on was going to crush my team. At least i kinda annoyed you guys on top of the garages my team captured.

I was here during the majority of that match.
Screenshot-Original.png

Yeah we saw you, we're mostly just like "okay then, we'll just kill everyone and everything else".

We clashed a couple times, but mostly all night was warzone turbo picking up whatever random REQs the enemy dropped. Literally every time they would spawn an Answer tonight, it was like "oh thanks for the free killing frenzy" since I had damage boost almost all night long lol.

Akai__

There should be a "Special Tactics" playlist that has Whispered Truth starts and No Radar. That thing is probably my favourite weapon.

im_dany

I don't know if it's been posted yet, but after redownloading the game I still have that bug where I can't see my ranks in the main menu. I have to check them postgame or on the website.

Any help?

When it comes to favorite weapons, I have to say Dying Star. The Answer is a close second though!

Also CoD 4 hype!

http://i.imgur.com/CamZkUh.gif[img][/QUOTE]
I really hope they sell that separately. I have no interest in CoD ganes anymore.

I hope the Reach update comes out soon. I have 40k req points saved up.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
This is what is killing Warzone for me:

Their team: 149, 146, 65, 63, 81, 34, 145, 107, 150, 146, 38, 9, 7 (quit)
Our team: 23, 75, 63, 82, 45, 48, 29, 73, 66, 3, 7, 64 (quit)

Of course we got completely obliterated even though there wasn't a fireteam among them. If I hadn't bothered to sneak out and kill the Banshee boss there wouldn't have been any distraction that let us temporarily steal back garage before we were easily beat down again. Yet this kind of thing happens sooooo often. How does this matchmaking make any sense? Shouldn't it try to make teams at least slightly balanced in terms of playing experience? I haven't checked the arena rankings but I'm sure they're ridiculously unbalanced as well. Last week I had a game where 9 of the enemy team were over 140 and we had like one guy barely over 100 and the rest under 80.

I'm just really sick of getting stuck on teams where as I'm approaching anything I see icons for like 6 teammates die all at once and no enemies die. I'm sick of seeing the enemy team REQ like 5 vehicles and nice weapons and my team stick with loadouts the entire match. Have I gotten good at managing the ridiculous odds forever against me? Somewhat, as my vehicle destruction skills show, I guess, but that doesn't make it fun or seem even slightly fair. Why should I have to kill bosses to make up 500 points for my shitty team (if the enemy doesn't group-gank me and steal them after I did most of the work because my team isn't there)? Why should I get stuck being the only person defending our last armory for 10 minutes? Where the fuck are they? Why are my teams so often averaging like 1/6 the kills?

And let me tell you, it doesn't feel much better on the blue moon that the shoe is on the other foot. When you plow through and they can't even manage 400 points it's really clear that the same just happened in reverse. It's completely shit matchmaking that creates really uninteresting games. I don't mind losing if it seems a fair fight; if teams are decently level and if my teammates are beside me actually paying attention to what needs to be done and actually trying for it and simply being outplayed. The other day I lost a match that was just an endless bombardment on the Spire we held until the killcount itself pushed points to 1000 while we had 870 or something. We got outgunned but that was a kinda neat match, and my team knew we couldn't lose Spire and stuck around. We tried to knock off Warden while holding and it didn't work out.

Those kind of matches are pretty rare, though. Especially in Assault where it seems one team always steamrolls the other. I don't know why balanced games seem sooooooo much more common in BTB, but that is the case. They really, really, really need to sort out some kind of algorithm that more intelligently separates the 24 people pulled into a lobby for Warzone into balanced teams. SR rank isn't everything, but when one team has nearly twice as much total, you know it's going to be fucked. I'm getting pretty good at guessing how a match will go in the first 2 minutes as well. It's not hard to tell when your team is completely clueless and won't be around for anything important. I don't like getting trapped into 15-20 minutes of that shit.

Ade

Stinkles is going to see this and have 343i release limited edition packs that costs 200,000 each.

Quite possibly! Id much rather they'd fix my OCD/6 month old support forum post and grant me the Beta emblems I'm missing....

Bloody emblem OCD

Yeah, I don't think I ever have to worry about RP again. I have 350k atm with three Arena packs still. I could sell a lot of my stuff since I don't really play WZ. However, I don't see the point, I don't need RP for anything. I could sell them to get XP boost, but it's not like you get anything cool for ranking up so whatever.

I was actually bored, so I added up everything if I decided to sell it. I'd have around one million in weapons, vehicles, and power-ups. So if I do need a lot of RP for something I'm good.

Yeah, I don't think I ever have to worry about RP again. I have 350k atm with three Arena packs still. I could sell a lot of my stuff since I don't really play WZ. However, I don't see the point, I don't need RP for anything. I could sell them to get XP boost, but it's not like you get anything cool for ranking up so whatever.

I was actually bored, so I added up everything if I decided to sell it. I'd have around one million in weapons, vehicles, and power-ups. So if I do need a lot of RP for something I'm good.
I can't imagine what it must be like to go into warzone having everything unlocked and multiples of each legendary req. I only just got my first legendary weapon cert this morning -_- but it's a fun one: tartarus' gavel.

Strider

Another morning Warzone match where I use the Nornfang today... This time my own tho :p

Gun is so stupidly easy to use lol Love it. Got another rampage today.

Here is the least amount of skill you've ever seen displayed in a Killtrocity: Link

So no update this week correct? did i read that right?

Correct. I expect the livestream the week after and most likely the release then too if I was guessing.

TBH I'm perfectly happy the update isn't this week...

Most of my time is going toward Overwatch
smile.gif

ive stopped playing pretty much any and all betas recently. not like for any particular reason. i guess im just tired of the 'demo' experience and would just rather have the full, complete, problem free (sometimes) version

and yet here i am still playing halo 5

BraXzy

TBH I'm perfectly happy the update isn't this week...

Most of my time is going toward Overwatch
smile.gif

Hype hype hypeeeeeeee. I really hope I enjoy the beta.

I wonder how the delayed update is gonna effect things for Halo with lots of new stuff coming out this month.

jem0208

There are some weird bugs in this game...

I selected a map which I've made on Alpine, however Forge started loading Coliseum using a picture of Fathom...

Screenshot-Original.png

BraXzy

I selected a map which I've made on Alpine, however Forge started loading Coliseum using a picture of Fathom...

I'm pretty sure that's been a bug since Forge launch, or at least, I swear that's happened to me before. It's a shame that there are still little niggly bugs like that.

Does Nornfang have higher bullet magnetism than normal sniper variants? It is just so easy to hit things with it.

It's not obtainable anymore though. I have everything unlocked except the weapon skins.

My point still stands, all of them are finished and shipped in the Meridian update, and are usable by the players, it is unfair to call them "new stuff" in the Reach update.

Does Nornfang have higher bullet magnetism than normal sniper variants? It is just so easy to hit things with it.

99.9% sure no. There's just a l o t of magnetism in this game to make up for the lack of auto aim and fast movement.

Why is the matchmaking so bad in warzone? You either destroy or get destroyed. How is this so difficult to do.

Always been a huge problem, the days of going in with my friend and getting 50's in h3 is over, now you get stomped 70% of the time. Of course now it's to late to implement this with the lower population.

CoD4+Halo 5 is all I need in my veins

Ramirez

Nornfang does have higher aim assist, pretty sure it says it right in the description. Getting snapshots with that thing is easier than scoping.

Also, they gave a weekend of early access to the skins for an absurd price, it's new content to me. *shrug*

Strider

Yea. The magnetism is the same but it has higher aim assist... Magnetism is just too high in general.

Increased aim assist along with just only having to aim for the body though and it's incredibly easy to get kills with that gun.

My point still stands, all of them are finished and shipped in the Meridian update, and are usable by the players, it is unfair to call them "new stuff" in the Reach update.
Well sort of. They were "usable" by players who were willing to spend money during a very short window of time. In fairness to 343, when the spartan armory packs were sold, they were even advertised as future content, meaning the late April/early May update. Like hey if you don't want to wait for the update to hit in a month, you can get some of the goodies early. I see your point, but it doesn't feel shady to me.

jem0208

I asked about the Nornfang magnetism thing on Beyond and a 343 employee responded saying that that the bullets have proximity detonation.

So it's a hell of a lot easier to hit because the target is massive, even if you miss the actual player model.

I asked about the Nornfang magnetism thing on Beyond and a 343 employee responded saying that that the bullets have proximity detonation.

So it's a hell of a lot easier to hit because the target is massive, even if you miss the actual player model.

So it is a Whiplash then.

Karl2177

Screenshot-Original.png
It's always loaded the correct map for me, but I get that every time since the last update. It used to always show Coliseum's picture while saying that it was loading my map. To me the newest, most annoying Forge related bug is where you try to change camera movement values and it jumps down 2 UI positions as shown here: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Karl2177/video/17158763

So it is a Whiplash then.

I actually find Arclight even more ridiculous. I never really bothered with it too much because why would you use it when you can call in Whiplash for less. However, thanks to SF I've been using it a lot more and the magnetism or whatever on it is insane. You don't even have to be close and the thing will kill.

I'd say XCOM 2 has a better version of Mk V than Halo 5, but they used the Reach version, so no. Almost though, almost...

#BringBackRealMkV

99.9% sure no. There's just a l o t of magnetism in this game to make up for the lack of auto aim and fast movement.

Always been a huge problem, the days of going in with my friend and getting 50's in h3 is over, now you get stomped 70% of the time. Of course now it's to late to implement this with the lower population.

CoD4+Halo 5 is all I need in my veins

There are so many basic problems in warzone. Like the following:

- The bases. Most of the time, you'll get 2 out of 3 which is, i think, normal. But it rarely affects the actual results of the game. I dunno how many times our teams had 2 out of 3 bases the whole game and still got destroyed. How is that logical at all. Yes i know you have to go kill the AI as well, but ultimately my team owning most bases for most of the game should give your team a much bigger advantage than it does. As it is now, i dont see the point of getting more than ONE base and just going after the AI's. Youll end up winning more often. The bases as it is now, are a gigantic waste of time other than the one you need so your core doesn't go down.

- Losing bases. Why in the hell doesnt my HUD not inform me that we're in the process of losing a certain base? Hell, have the announcer say something like "losing base so and so". Or those base icons on my hud, why dont they just have the icon of the base that im losing "blink" so the whole team fucking knows thats its happening. As it is now, if your not right beside it, no one knows whats happening.

Warzone right now does so many things badly including that shitty matchmaking that i dont even wanna go into it anymore. Its as if they dont play their games at all.

Top Bottom