• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Trup1aya

Stop watching halo and play it. Only person on my list playing halo 5 is The343Favorites. lol

Lol

Its Mother
fuckers
Day. While spending time with the wife, It's been so much easier to sneak a peak at the qualifier on my phone, than it has been to sneak in games.

mo60

Just double checked and it's 40k. 16 Rare/Uncommon/Common, 8 Silvers, 40k.

The rest, presuming you can get them or haven't already unlocked them, are 140k. We'll have to see how much the Reach REQ pack costs.

Reach req pack if you buy it with req points will most likely cost 80k req points like those other req packs 343i released since Halo 5 launched unless you can't buy the pack with req points.

Buddy Zoso, watching it is important as well, otherwise competitive Halo will die harder than an aussie on US servers.

EDIT:
RIP

Literal LOL.

About 50% better today but not low latency yet, 130-140ms average now (that's enough I can at least compete, it was 200+). I broke my rule and jumped on a game during my work day to feel the difference...same high latency warning to FFA. Also the grind back up to Diamond is going to be hell from Gold 4 through this May season personal connection hell I have. Another wonderful game of team wins only and placement matches, ugh I need my friends back playing Halo on the regular.

zD5Pm5Q.jpg

Screenshot-Original.png

Here's how behind the game I am for example:
t12xbwT.gif

It's insane, he probably would've just challenged conventionally if he didn't have OS.
You can see he turns around at the top of his chamber right in front of ninja, then he thrusts back and up to get the smack on the head.

That's one for his YouTube channel :)

Literal LOL.

About 50% better today but not low latency yet, 130-140ms average now (that's enough I can at least compete, it was 200+). I broke my rule and jumped on a game during my work day to feel the difference...same high latency warning to FFA. Also the grind back up to Diamond is going to be hell from Gold 4 through this May season personal connection hell I have. Another wonderful game of team wins only and placement matches, ugh I need my friends back playing Halo on the regular.

Screenshot-Original.png

Yeah what is going on with the latency warning on FFA? Latency hasn't been that great at all for me in the past week or so.

220ms from Wollongong Australia on the nbn... It's always been high from the dash so I always assumed it pings to Redmond.

Halo was odd today, could not find a game on any playlist at 2pm... Region locked again perhaps?

These last few optic series are sucking the life out of me...

At least if they don't make it, the LCQ will have high viewership.
Yeah that's about the only silver lining. Watching them lose has been depressing. I had the hcs stream on all day at work only to get off at 7pm and miss their early matches. Finally get on twitch later only to watch them lose 3 straight. Bull shit day right there.

Yeah what is going on with the latency warning on FFA? Latency hasn't been that great at all for me in the past week or so.

Shit NBN/fibre and still high latency warnings. What speeds do you get from this site:
http://azurespeed.com/ (scroll down to Australia East and Australia Southeast)

220ms from Wollongong Australia on the nbn... It's always been high from the dash so I always assumed it pings to Redmond.

Halo was odd today, could not find a game on any playlist at 2pm... Region locked again perhaps?

Double shit, NBN/fibre fail times two. Yep dash is USA centric, once again. Use the site above to check with more accuracy. Although one could argue we end up on USA dedis anyway so that 220ms is the more accurate one in game.

It would be good if you can post your response times in this thread, as Telstra, iiNet and Microsoft are supposedly looking at it. My test game close to noon today was better at approx. 100-130ms, still not ideal.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=202973143

Also, you two blokes have the most Aussie usernames eva.

jem0208

Can't believe RNG came back to beat Optic.

I left after they lost the first series convinced they weren't even gunna qualify this LAN.

Sad Optic didn't qualify though.

Trup1aya

Can't believe RNG can't back to beat Optic.

I left after they lost the first series convinced they weren't even gunna qualify this LAN.

Sad Optic didn't qualify though.

I knew it was over for Optic the moment they lost to E6. They lost all of their intensity during that series, and it carried over to their second RNG series. Not to mention RNG had nearly reverse swept them earlier in the evening.

I didn't think they'd get dominated by RNG like that though.

jem0208

I knew it was over for Optic the moment they lost to E6. They lost all of their intensity during that series, and it carried over to their second RNG series. Not to mention RNG had nearly reverse swept them earlier in the evening.

I didn't think they'd get dominated by RNG like that though.

I went to bed after the first RNG - Optic match (it was like 2:30am for me) so I thought for sure RNG were going to lose the loser's finals. I thought they'd go full tilt, glad to see them get through though.

Strider

Just wish the pro league had more teams :( There's gonna be some pretty big names and orgs that miss out.

Guess that was 343's plan though. To have big names in the "challenger" league so viewers still tune in for it... I would rather have the challenger league been actual amateurs though like it was originally described.

this is sad. I wonder how much of a drop off has happened for Halo 5. To have these kind of issues anywhere in the world is telling to me.

Overwatch however is sweet as, fast searching, party up or solo works fine and game latency is not noticeable in game for me (which is real nice for a change).

Trup1aya

Just wish the pro league had more teams :( There's gonna be some pretty big names and orgs that miss out.

Guess that was 343's plan though. To have big names in the "challenger" league so viewers still tune in for it... I would rather have the challenger league been actual amateurs though like it was originally described.

The notable teams who have yet to qualify for Pro League are just:

Liquid, Optic, Denial, Soul Red, and Elevate

Making the league any larger would have sapped the drama out of the qualification process... And probably would have lead to more frequent lopsided pro league matches.

I'm dreading the idea of Optic not making pro league, but i think having some known entities in the challenger league will be good for that leagues visibility and for fostering up and coming talent.

One of the aims of the challenger league is for teams to be able to rise up and overtake pro league teams.

Nowise10

I will actually cry if Jeff doesn't say Infection at the start of the game.

Curious as to how it will play without pistol starts. I remember playing as a Human in Halo 3/Reach was really fun because of the pistol chaos but playing as a zombie wasn't much fun because you would get sniped across the map from one.

welp...

3 maps are for infection. Infection-remixes persay.

add 3 to the current count of maps released for halo 5.
Plaza's Forge-infected dev map will be called Nerve Center, while Overgrowth's variant will be called Malignent.
.. and R.I.P. Tide.....

Have the core shapes of these maps changed?
Junyszek: It’s all Forge. It’s not actual dev work on the map. It’s placing objects to make the hallways longer or adding cover to those hallways. They all have a different aesthetic than they normally do.

The alpha infected are invisible

Junyszek: The last man standing takes two hits as opposed to just one sword hit and he’s done and converted. He actually gets another chance.

jem0208

I will actually cry if Jeff doesn't say Infection at the start of the game.

Curious as to how it will play without pistol starts. I remember playing as a Human in Halo 3/Reach was really fun because of the pistol chaos but playing as a zombie wasn't much fun because you would get sniped across the map from one.

https://youtu.be/YI50i2LLxWo?t=279

Says infected right here.

welp...

3 maps are for infection. Infection-remixes persay.

add 3 to the current count of maps released for halo 5.
.. and R.I.P. Tide.....

Are we sure these are counting towards the final count?

That is Jeff saying "Infected" when you become Infected. I am talking about him announcing the gametype as Infection at the very start of the game.

In Assault and Grifball he doesn't say anything and its just silent besides the background intro music.

But in the trailer for Grifball he did say Grifball. I don't know why he doesn't say now...

Top Bottom