• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Akai__

I'd expect that kind of message on Tinder not HaloGAF smh.

LOL

It has its fair share of issues but the gameplay is so good that when I'm playing a decent match they all completely fade away.

On the flip side, the fact that the gameplay is so good means those issues are all the more frustrating when they get in the way of playing.

This is a good short post and very true.

I honestly think H5 is my favourite Halo game (and by extension one of my favourite games ever really).

It has its fair share of issues but the gameplay is so good that when I'm playing a decent match they all completely fade away.

On the flip side, the fact that the gameplay is so good means those issues are all the more frustrating when they get in the way of playing.

Even the campaign I think is woefully underrated. Yeah the story kinda sucked but the gameplay and level design is just sublime. The old Halo campaigns feel slow and plodding in comparison, I really can't go back.
I'd agree on the campaign being a bit underrated. I have CE, 3, ODST and Reach rated higher due to fun level design + a good story. 2 has the best story, but the levels are pretty standard. While 5 has great moment to moment level design, and doesn't reach previous series lows, it also misses out on the highs. It's missing the grandiose Warthog runs, Sabre level, 2 scarab fight or Silent Cartographer. It needed something to make it stand out. The free falling Guardian thing was cool, but it was short and provided no challenge.

The story is what really knocks it down, the lack of MC really hurt.

Glass

Twitch chat would be twice as active if half the chat wasn't timed out.

The music on the stream is amazing

Yeah it's playing Halo 5 music now, not sure if it did last time. Crypt and The Trials better be in there. Kudos to whoever thought to use Halo music on the countdown, don't think it was there for season 1 streams?

Akai__

Do we know who is playing against who? Any tournament schedule?

Nevermind, I found the Groups:

hpl_group_announce_burbank_lan-6069da9ee779473399df18593123eecb.png

My guess: Renegades/Optic for Group A and nV/Liquid for Group B.

Halo 5 it is indeed one of my favorite multiplayer games too 343i nailed the multiplayer for competitive and casual fans

I agree except for the fact that halo 5 can be a little unforgiving for causal people, cause some of my friends don't play the game anymore cause they always get destroyed.

Halo 5 just needs a certain mentality to fully enjoy it I feel and if you expect to do good every game you will hate it.

Everybody just has to have the same thoughts as halogaf which is "I could always do just as bad as G0SU"

Twitch chat would be twice as active if half the chat wasn't timed out.

Yeah it's playing Halo 5 music now, not sure if it did last time. Crypt and The Trials better be in there. Kudos to whoever thought to use Halo music on the countdown, don't think it was there for season 1 streams?

Some of them played other music

jem0208

I know quite a few people in this thread aren't interested in HCS discussion so would it maybe be worthwhile making a dedicated thread where we can discuss it all? Especially considering with the pro league coming up I imagine there'll be a lot more HCS discussion.

I'm not entirely sure on the rules of OTs for eSports leagues though...

If it was on gaming side it might attract some people who weren't aware of the league as well.

I know quite a few people in this thread aren't interested in HCS discussion so would it maybe be worthwhile making a dedicated thread where we can discuss it all? Especially considering with the pro league coming up I imagine there'll be a lot more HCS discussion.

I'm not entirely sure on the rules of OTs for eSports leagues though...

If it was on gaming side it might attract some people who weren't aware of the league as well.

Double edge sword. Gaming side + halo. Hmmmmm

link1201

Players: Gab, JuicyFruit, KingNick, MuNoZ

Appareantly, they qualified for this LAN tournament, because they placed top 8 in the online one last week.

I think Chespace said when the Pro League actually stats. I forgot the date.

I see thanks.

I agree except for the fact that halo 5 can be a little unforgiving for causal people, cause some of my friends don't play the game anymore cause they always get destroyed.

Halo 5 just needs a certain mentality to fully enjoy it I feel and if you expect to do good every game you will hate it.

Everybody just has to have the same thoughts as halogaf which is "I could always do just as bad as G0SU"
For as much as they tried to incorporate a good ranking system, I now feel like the traditional start at rank 1 and working your way up works the best. It allows the better players to get away from the lesser skilled players over time and things balance out.

Halo 5! Halo 5! Halo 5! Halo 5! Halo 5! Halo 5!

Now boogie!!!

meshuggah-face-of-wall-street-chant.gif
Come on say it with me now!

For some reason your post made me think of that.

BraXzy

I'd personally just keep it in here. Gaming side Halo threads either die or become an offshoot of this thread with the same peeps.

Glass

Clutch game finishes and the crowd goes wild!

EsJILS2.jpg

And get banned/timed out for their enthusiasm.

Halo's Twitch channels rules are awful and put in place without any thought to the fact that the channel is broadcasting a sport where people like to cheer and get hyped.

tootsi666

I have a hard time ranking Halo 5. I think Halo 5 is a good 4v4 game but I will never like sprint, powerful autos, smart scope or radar. I only really played BtB in previous Halos with my brother and that's not possible in Halo 5 because he doesn't have an Xbox One and there is no splitscreen. I play the game from time to time and I'm planning to start playing consistently again after the next update but I'm pretty sure I would be playing Halo 2 instead if MCC worked.

Strider

Empire Strongholds is basically always a blowout... just the nature of the map in organized play.

And in MM it's just a clusterfuck... not a fan.

Wow.

Two games in a row.

Quitters.....

warzone 4 quit and no players joined.
Arena 1 quit before game started so it was 3v4 on fathom CTC. ....sigh

Top Bottom