• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Imagine 343 getting a beefy machine to code for

Imagine the battlefields as Cortana's "Peacekeepers" go up against the Arbiter's forces, freshly aligned with The Master Chief, Blue Team, and Fireteam Osiris.

IMAGINE

Akai__

I stole a Blood of Suban a few minutes ago and killed like 10 guys. That thing is a beast and so awesome to shoot.

Project Helix is basically launching all the upcoming xb1 titles also on PC

See? Everything is still good in Warzone Town.

And didn't know the plan had a specific name. Thanks.

Halo Wars is so damn fun. I may be rusty and losing a majority of my matches, but idgaf cuz I love everything about it lol.

The calm menu music, the aesthetics, the strategy, the all units; it's all so good.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
which is why their move is good imo. It gives users a choice

Yup, as long as Halo 6 cross platform is fair when playing console vs PC.

Halo Wars is so damn fun. I may be rusty and losing a majority of my matches, but idgaf cuz I love everything about it lol.

The calm menu music, the aesthetics, the strategy, the all units; it's all so good.

Need to play some more co-op with my brother. Would like to finish it before HW2.

Strider

I would not be in favor of cross-plat play... At least not for Matchmaking. Not because I'd careabout controller vs kb/m... I'd be more concerned with the possibility of cheaters on PC.

So basically matchmaking is locked to platform. Custom games cross-play enabled. That's what I'd like to see.

Of course Killer instinct gives players the option to matchmake with cross-play enabled or not. They could always implement an option like that.

It would also be interesting to see that, given their esports focus, would 343/esl host tournaments for both PC and Xbox oooooooorrr......

wwm0nkey

I would not be in favor of cross-plat play... At least not for Matchmaking.

Not because I'd careabout controller vs kb/m... I'd be more concerned with the possibility of cheaters on PC.

So basically matchmaking is locked to platform. Custom games cross-play enabled. That's what I'd like to see.

Of course Killer instinct gives players the option to matchmake with cross-play enabled or not. They could always implement an option like that.

Well due to the recent dev kit stuff on Xbox someone is already able to mod Halo 5 apparently. They got Warzone working in customs (no AI) and a few other gun mods. No platform is safe from that stuff

Strider

Well due to the recent dev kit stuff on Xbox someone is already able to mod Halo 5 apparently. They got Warzone working in customs (no AI) and a few other gun mods. No platform is safe from that stuff

Sure but cmon.... Cheating is much more common on PC and who knows how well any anti-cheat implementation would work.

Im not saying there isnt people playing the MP games, but Black Ops 3 on PC is under 50k I think. Basically where I live I can only find good TDM matches..
Give me examples (outside of CS Go, Overwatch...) of healthy FPS playerbases

Hi guys,
Sorry if this is the wrong area to ask, but can anyone help me with one achievement?

I've got two left to do, and one of them is:

Enemy of my Enemy

And I cannot do it. :(

I dont have a mic, so I wouldnt be able to talk, but was hoping to muster maybe 3 people who could help me get it, lol

Gamertag is: Quick Mustard

Zeta Oni

Hi guys,
Sorry if this is the wrong area to ask, but can anyone help me with one achievement?

I've got two left to do, and one of them is:

Enemy of my Enemy

And I cannot do it. :(

I dont have a mic, so I wouldnt be able to talk, but was hoping to muster maybe 3 people who could help me get it, lol

Gamertag is: Quick Mustard

Ill help if you still need it, since I need it as well

Also you all need to chill with that, everyone knows Pharah is where its at.

Trup1aya

I can't wait to for Win10 forge. I'm really curious to see how Halo5 plays with kb/m. I'd imagine all aim assists and magnetism would be turned down to zero... And people will still have godly accuracy.

But I wonder how well people could handle the movement without analog controls. Crouching, while strafing, while trying to shoot accurately seems like it would be a little cumbersome on a kb/m setup.

Also, if Halo6 goes multiplat, I don't see why kb/m and controller player couldnt be in the same matchmaking pool. The matchmaking system is supposed to seek competitive matches between similarly capable opponents. the lowest tiers would undoubtedly be filled with controller users. And the highest tiers would probably be filled with Kb/m users. But I'm sure there would be plenty of overlap in the middle that would make for balanced matches; even if it meant lower tier kb/m players going up against higher tier controller players .

belushy

Banned
I can't wait to for Win10 forge. I'm really curious to see how Halo5 plays with kb/m. I'd imagine all aim assists and magnetism would be turned down to zero... And people will still have godly accuracy.

But I wonder how well people could handle the movement without analog controls. Crouching, while strafing, while trying to shoot accurately seems like it would be a little cumbersome on a kb/m setup.

Also, if Halo6 goes multiplat, I don't see why kb/m and controller player couldnt be in the same matchmaking pool. The matchmaking system is supposed to seek competitive matches between similarly capable opponents. the lowest tiers would undoubtedly be filled with controller users. And the highest tiers would probably be filled with Kb/m users. But I'm sure there would be plenty of overlap in the middle that would make for balanced matches; even if it meant lower tier kb/m players going up against higher tier controller players .

Yeah I considered this. Pistol will absolutely dominate on PC with m&k, and I think the Light Rifle will as well. I hope there is a pro mod version that has comp settings at least slightly different to current HCS settings.

Also i mentioned this Che and others from 343 about allowing PC users to spectate Xbox games. Using Mouse & keyboard for the spec mode over a controller would be so much better imo (for tournaments)

Strider

Turn on Lethul's stream and CLG isn't running scrims they are playing MM together instead.

RIP all the poor folks that match them lol

Last night in Ozzy's whacky Halo adventures:

Retrieving data error just opening Arena or Warzone playlists (from cold boot):
http://xboxclips.com/Ozzy+Onya+A2Z/56789a00-3aa6-41cf-b285-ee4902b8c837

WZ playlists doesn't load either, same retrieving data error:
http://xboxclips.com/Ozzy+Onya+A2Z/screenshots/5f8dabc4-3541-46c3-854b-4a91cc4e0ffc

So I play other games just fine on and off for approx 2 hours, try H5 again, boom we get playlists showing up buuuuut REQs/points don't load and a REQ service unavailable error:
http://xboxclips.com/Ozzy+Onya+A2Z/16a81b45-3c71-4999-a661-045fe749bc3f

Actually had two games work in Arena as I can play that without REQs, two redeeming qualities - 1 good connections and 2 got to nail a Ghost Radar Ninja:
x3AgvtJ.gif

Two nights ago actually get a game amongst the errors then the post carnage report shits itself (no stats for each player):
http://xboxclips.com/Ozzy+Onya+A2Z/screenshots/ce9e60c9-2106-4e45-b14e-14b03cef173b

*updated the support thread again, 3 weeks of no reply. I've PM'd the Forum Team...fingers crossed but we all know where that's going.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...oo/dd4134ee-f308-41cb-baa2-baea494847ac/posts

Loomba

*Cries in Spanish* :'(

Congratulations!

Damn, you still don't have it? :(

You should be able to "Purchase" items for Req points imo, make them like 100k each item if they want to discourage it, but people still have the option.

When does the ranks reset? I am Diamond 3 and just wondering if it's worth the push to Onyx at this point...

Still no H2 BR??

You should be able to "Purchase" items for Req points imo, make them like 100k each item if they want to discourage it, but people still have the option.

When does the ranks reset? I am Diamond 3 and just wondering if it's worth the push to Onyx at this point...

Yep still nothing, we are going to play Halo Wars 2 with our Achilles helmet plus Halo MCC on PC and I will remain on my quest for the Halo 2 BR

343 Industries WHY!?

#RifleParaAtomic (Rifle for Atomic) :(

In about a week, so probably not worth it. It resets monthly.

Why they still think monthly reset is a good thing, idk anymore.

Top Bottom