• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

image.php

The sad part is I nearly changed my avatar after that post...and yesterday's outrage post.
:)
:(

The core game is great and really fun, the inconsistent state of the networking and customer support/communication is for shit though. It's sad to be stuck in this limbo, I just don't have the will for Halo in this up and down state anymore. When does it finally deliver as a stable game? At least Doom is comforting me
letting my inner rage shotgun gib shit everywhere
and Titanfall 2 will be out later this year. Also once VR drops big time I may return to PC gaming and move away from Xbox, seriously thinking about it.

The sad part is I nearly changed my avatar after that post...and yesterday's outrage post.

The core game is great and really fun, the inconsistent state of the networking and customer support/communication is for shit though. It's sad to be stuck in this limbo, I just don't have the will for Halo in this up and down state anymore. When does it finally deliver as a stable game? At least Doom is comforting me
and Titanfall 2 will be out later this year.

H5 is definitely going to have some competition and I wonder how the pop is going to hold up. OW just came out and you have CoD: IW/CoD 4, TF 2, and BF 1 all coming out later this year.

That why I'm interested to hear about their support and what comes after FF in June.

Watching ATOMICJORGE destroying everything in a banshee on Twitch right now... Good stuff.

I love the "adios" with every kill too... It's the only thing I understand.

Boy you talk a lot on steam Jorge!
Keeping your audience entertained.

Thank you Jizz I'm glad that you liked the stream :D thanks for stopping by

H5 is definitely going to have some competition and I wonder how the pop is going to hold up. OW just came out and you have CoD: IW/CoD 4, TF 2, and BF 1 all coming out later this year.

That why I'm interested to hear about their support and what comes after FF in June.

Friends were already playing overwatch in parties last night. I picked up Doom last night and I'll be downloading Overwatch tonight. It could very well be good bye Halo. Far too many chances fucked up. It's all on 343 too, great multiplayer for me, friends hate that objective mid size maps and BTB got the shaft in H5. I think through H4, MCC and H5 we've been in the top 1% of Aussies trying to get parties going, still doing annual LAN parties and more. Sad times for the Chief
Locke
down under

If the game actually works we'll play a little FF but that might be all. Given the FF beta I'm expecting the same inconsistent shite. I just want a stable fucking Halo game to play. I feel for my son mostly, little guy has fallen in love with Halo and his old man showing him the ropes. Try explaining profile errors, no REQs in WZ (which he loves) and all those issues that just repeatedly show up. Poor fucker. My son's best friend's dad bought H5 so they could play together, parties were so fucked late last year and early this year his son doesn't even play it anymore. Neither does the dad. Another series of strikes against 343.

He did play some Overwatch so I think I'll move him on over to what the old man will be playing...a game that consistently works time after time.

Friends were already playing overwatch in parties last night. I picked up Doom last night and I'll be downloading Overwatch tonight. It could very well be good bye Halo. Far too many chances fucked up. It's all on 343 too, great multiplayer for me, friends hate that objective mid size maps and BTB got the shaft in H5. I think through H4, MCC and H5 we've been in the top 1% of Aussies trying to get parties going, still doing annual LAN parties and more. Sad times for the Chief
Locke
down under

If the game actually works we'll play a little FF but that might be all. Given the FF beta I'm expecting the same inconsistent shite. I just want a stable fucking Halo game to play. I feel for my son mostly, little guy has fallen in love with Halo and his old man showing him the ropes. Try explaining profile errors, no REQs in WZ (which he loves) and all those issues that just repeatedly show up. Poor fucker. My son's best friend's dad bought H5 so they could play together, parties were so fucked late last year and early this year his son doesn't even play it anymore. Neither does the dad. Another series of strikes against 343.

He did play some Overwatch so I think I'll move him on over to what the old man will be playing...a game that consistently works time after time.
Wow you really are Australian

Leyasu

Banned

and Titanfall 2 will be out later this year. Also once VR drops big time I may return to PC gaming and move away from Xbox, seriously thinking about it.

Locke
down under

I love Halo, and the only thing that stopped me buying a ps4 was the thought of Halo on dedicated servers. Then I played the beta and was absolutely blown away by how fucking great the game played.. But, like lots of others not from the U.S, I was concerned by the amount of games that I was forced to play on servers hosted there. But it was ok, coz Josh Holmes said that we would get to choose where we matchmake in the full game..

Fast forward til just before release and that turns out to be a big fucking lie. And their super competitive shooter turns in to an arse raping for any non US players. All my friends dropped this in November. I went from playing this daily to playing twice in two months. I can't deal with 343s stupidity. I imagine that it is on life support outside of North America, yet I think that they could have retained a bigger player base had they given us some choices in where we matchmake.

It's a shame but like you I agree that it is down to 343. They appear to be almost fucking clueless. After 14yrs, I think that I am finally done as well...... Like many others.

The population will boil down to the hardest of the hardcore, who will treat every match like a $1m MLG final. Come December, this game will need a defibrillator before loading.

Any way, I won't bore you guys in here any longer. It's a real shame imo.

More support is good, hope they do it.

That said, none of those games do Halo like Halo does Halo. So not an issue for me.

I'll play H5 until the next one, quite happily. It does things no other game can, for me.

Edit: I'll say it again, EU player with very few matchmaking issues. I get the frustration but I've not encountered it myself so much as to 'throw in the towel'. Drama, jesus. People see this as a sort of sacred commitment, or some such. Chill.

Akai__

Spent my morning with drinking coffee, listening to music and selling ALL of my REQ's. Thank god for that Chrome Extension.

Now onto buying like 13 Gold packs. Only need 21 to be done, before the next upodate hits.

Loomba

Spent my morning with drinking coffee, listening to music and selling ALL of my REQ's. Thank god for that Chrome Extension.

Now onto buying like 13 Gold packs. Only need 21 to be done, before the next upodate hits.

Nice.

I got the Locke and Loaded skin over the weekend, been wanting it for months so I'm content for the time being.

The only 2 things I want now are the H2BR and The peacemaker stance (to show off the pistol!). I still need a bunch more golds though.

I'm thnking of doind that. I don't actually use my Reqs when I play warzone..

Fuchsdh

Arbiter complaints were dumb, but at least we GOT to spend time on earth.

They didn't bother putting in any of the chief is a traitor??????? Stuff nor any HtT characters. BB is an AI, at least he could have made an appearance.

Rip poncho chief too but I'll let that one slide since that is something halo has done before i.e. the cg/live action stuff

It's pretty clear the scope and narrative focus changed significantly regarding Halo 5 in development, so at some point expecting marketing pushes to line up precisely with shipping content in the game seems like wishful thinking.

Akai__

Nice.

I got the Locke and Loaded skin over the weekend, been wanting it for months so I'm content for the time being.

The only 2 things I want now are the H2BR and The peacemaker stance (to show off the pistol!). I still need a bunch more golds though.

It was really nice, yeah. Like, getting a Nornfang and Phaeton Helios Certification in the same package is pretty awesome.

Now only 8 Helmets (excluding Achilles and HCS), 10 Armor (excluding HCS) and Kelly's Shotgun left, all of which I don't care about either way.

Not sure if I'll manage to make 100K RP before the update drops, though. I'll save everything up at this point, since I'll have to get the new Silvers out of the way anyways.

I'm thnking of doind that. I don't actually use my Reqs when I play warzone..

In that case... What are you waiting for? Download the Halo Waypoint Chrome Extension and get to it.

Tawpgun

It's pretty clear the scope and narrative focus changed significantly regarding Halo 5 in development, so at some point expecting marketing pushes to line up precisely with shipping content in the game seems like wishful thinking.
This is true, and I think it was mainly to make it consistently 4 player coop.

Rip solo poncho chief

Akai__

Rip solo poncho chief

What if that was actually the trailer for Halo 6? Chiefs broken visor would kinda indicate that, wouldn't it?. Plus, if you look at all those Halo 5 concept art Achievement pictures, it's getting more and more confusing.

Karl2177

testsession-20150528-small.png

ForgeGAF test session; Saturday May 28, 2016 @ 1PM EDT(5PM GMT)

This time around we're going to take a look at a pair of Halo 2 remakes. Just like before, I'll be doing a match of Slayer on each one so people can get acquainted with the maps. Then depending on what the map maker wants, I'll run 2 more matches of their gametype choosing(standard Arena gametypes). I will be contacting the map makers later this week to see what they want played.

sacellum.png
Sacellum is a Sanctuary remake made by Nutter. With the recent texture update, he applied the new stone and marble aesthetics to make the map look even closer to the original.

outskirts.png
Outskirts is a Turf remake made by nillapuddin. Turf is one of the few 4v4 sized maps to use a Warthog, and I'm eager to see how it works in Halo 5's sandbox.

There are going to be 5-7 slots available, plus some room for alternates if someone doesn't make it. Like last time, I will hold 2 spots for the map makers themselves if they want to play.

1. Karl2177
2. [Nutter]
3. [nillapuddin]

Alternates
13+.

We might also play some of the previously tested maps at the end also.

intercession.png
ethereal.png
condemnedalpha.png
refraction.png

testsession-20150528-small.png

ForgeGAF test session; Saturday May 28, 2016 @ 1PM EDT(5PM GMT)

This time around we're going to take a look at a pair of Halo 2 remakes. Just like before, I'll be doing a match of Slayer on each one so people can get acquainted with the maps. Then depending on what the map maker wants, I'll run 2 more matches of their gametype choosing(standard Arena gametypes). I will be contacting the map makers later this week to see what they want played.

sacellum.png
Sacellum is a Sanctuary remake made by Nutter. With the recent texture update, he applied the new stone and marble aesthetics to make the map look even closer to the original.

outskirts.png
Outskirts is a Turf remake made by nillapuddin. Turf is one of the few 4v4 sized maps to use a Warthog, and I'm eager to see how it works in Halo 5's sandbox.

There are going to be 5-7 slots available, plus some room for alternates if someone doesn't make it. Like last time, I will hold 2 spots for the map makers themselves if they want to play.

1. Karl2177
2. [Nutter]
3. [nillapuddin]

Alternates
13+.

We might also play some of the previously tested maps at the end also.

intercession.png
ethereal.png
condemnedalpha.png
refraction.png

I'll play again!

Got to play some Turf!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
loving the ryanoob tip vids. i'm not sure i'll actually incorporate most of these into my gameplay (old dog, new trciks and such), but the thrust ramp jumps are too cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9XEFy40QSY

after a full match of practice (forgot to turn off the time limit) i'm pretty damn consistent with the jump from bottom to nipple, but just cant seem to find the angle to top mid on regret. where else can you do these? i imagine truth has some, but where? any other maps?

Trup1aya

loving the ryanoob tip vids. i'm not sure i'll actually incorporate most of these into my gameplay (old dog, new trciks and such), but the thrust ramp jumps are too cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9XEFy40QSY

after a full match of practice (forgot to turn off the time limit) i'm pretty damn consistent with the jump from bottom to nipple, but just cant seem to find the angle to top mid on regret. where else can you do these? i imagine truth has some, but where? any other maps?

Truth has one to get up from bottom pink 1 to pink 2, saw Snipedown do it in a match.

There's you can actually recreate this effect on many different surfaces and corners. The thrust jump from top mid on fathom works of the same principle. I saw a guy who made a forge map just for the sake of experimenting. I'll try to find it.

Speaking of Pros, RNG (if we can call them that, it looks like they are Org hunting) actually looked good again last night, and I noticed Ninja and Bubu Dubu doing a lot of ghost jumping lately. Can't wait for Pro league to start up, and the challenger league info should be dropping this week. I hope challenger league gets good support from 343i because there was a lot of good competition in the LQC

What if that was actually the trailer for Halo 6? Chiefs broken visor would kinda indicate that, wouldn't it?. Plus, if you look at all those Halo 5 concept art Achievement pictures, it's getting more and more confusing.

I hope its halo 6. Omg solo cheif would be amaZzzinnnnggg poncho all the way plz. Awake the guardians who do not obey cortana :p

singhr1

Rip solo poncho chief

They're still selling those poncho chief figures. Its so odd.

Frankie talked about this topic earlier IIRC but can't remember exactly what he said

Akai__

I hope its halo 6. Omg solo cheif would be amaZzzinnnnggg poncho all the way plz. Awake the guardians who do not obey cortana :p

If you look at it, 343i's Halo has lots of similarities with Bungies Halo in terms of execution, this far.

1st game: Landing on an unfamiliar world uncovering mysterious secrets and a threat to the galaxy.
2nd game: Finding an other unfamiliar world, discovering more secrets/threats and even playing the game from a different perspective. Game ends on a Cliffhanger.
3rd game: Finishing the fight?!

I'm still pretty interested in how everything will play out. Halo universe has lots to offer.

Yeah, I'd rather revive that tbh

Yeah, I'd be pretty careful about giving maniacs like Elzar and Ice my phone number. :p

If you look at it, 343i's Halo has lots of similarities with Bungies Halo in terms of execution, this far.

1st game: Landing on an unfamiliar world uncovering mysterious secrets and a threat to the galaxy.
2nd game: Finding an other unfamiliar world, discovering more secrets/threats and even playing the game from a different perspective. Game ends on a Cliffhanger.
3rd game: Finishing the fight?!

I'm still pretty interested in how everything will play out. Halo universe has lots to offer.

Yeah, I'd be pretty careful about giving maniacs like Elzar and Ice my phone number. :p

You know. With cheif clenching cortanas chip in that feveal, he still believes he can save her maybe?

Maybe he goes awol in 6 and turns himself in looking for a guardian who hasnt went to cortana yet. Since i assume she didnt call 100% of them yet. Just many in the known areas within human and covinent explored areas.

This could lead the story on a personal path for chief. Solo. Maybe a secondaryish campaign wity 4 player coop that provides replayability using members of osiris and blue team.

Idk i think that would be cool if the events we seen with poncho chief actually didnt happen yet and does in the next halo installment.

Frankie plz.

singhr1

Another day, another Halo on PC port begging thread to satisfy people's insatiable desire for 343 to back-port Halo games to PC

Maybe they do it at some point down the line but "MCC" in it's current form won't be ported.

Forge halo 5 on dx12 is the base for the next halo installment. Mark my words.

They will use this engine and code to build the next halo so its full of everything we have now in guardians.

The only thing they need to build and fix is their networking code. They need more hands on desk with this.

Do you love us 343i?

Project Helix got me hyped for the future. Will see what the Xbox Scorpio brings next year, but I'm going to try to get these upcoming games (Halo Wars 2/Sea of Thieves/etc) on PC

Akai__

So I got around 70k RP for selling everything.
It could be worse..

7 Gold packs closer to being done. And I don't see the issue if you are not using the REQ's anyways. Keep stealing them from dead bodies like you always do. :p

Maybe they do it at some point down the line but "MCC" in it's current form won't be ported.

They should get someone like Bluepoint on board, but Stinkles said they don't have the ressources currently anyways.

Akai come on you know you want us in your phone contacts

I'm legit scared of what I'd find in that group or who would call me at 3am.

Project Helix got me hyped for the future. Will see what the Xbox Scorpio brings next year, but I'm going to try to get these upcoming games (Halo Wars 2/Sea of Thieves/etc) on PC

Sorry, but what's Project Helix?

7 Gold packs closer to being done. And I don't see the issue if you are not using the REQ's anyways. Keep stealing them from dead bodies like you always do. :p

They should get someone like Bluepoint on board, but Stinkles said they don't have the ressources currently anyways.

I'm legit scared of what I'd find in that group or who would call me at 3am.

Sorry, but what's Project Helix?

I stole a Blood of Suban a few minutes ago and killed like 10 guys. That thing is a beast and so awesome to shoot.

Project Helix is basically launching all the upcoming xb1 titles also on PC

Aren't the finalized Arena settings supposed to be released today? Where's mah blog post.

I'm at work so I have no idea if it's out or not.

Top Bottom