• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

I like how in Halo 2 PC the kb/m players would complain about players using controllers. There was a lot of "stupid controller noob" rage in the game chat.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Spartan Strike is a nice improvement over Assault. Recently I hooked up my Surface to the TV and played using an Xbox controller.

Karl2177

Repost for 26 hours from now.

testsession-20150528-small.png

ForgeGAF test session; Saturday May 28, 2016 @ 1PM EDT(5PM GMT)

This time around we're going to take a look at a pair of Halo 2 remakes. Just like before, I'll be doing a match of Slayer on each one so people can get acquainted with the maps. Then depending on what the map maker wants, I'll run 2 more matches of their gametype choosing(standard Arena gametypes). I will be contacting the map makers later this week to see what they want played.

sacellum.png
Sacellum is a Sanctuary remake made by Nutter. With the recent texture update, he applied the new stone and marble aesthetics to make the map look even closer to the original.

outskirts.png
Outskirts is a Turf remake made by nillapuddin. Turf is one of the few 4v4 sized maps to use a Warthog, and I'm eager to see how it works in Halo 5's sandbox.

There are going to be 5-7 slots available, plus some room for alternates if someone doesn't make it. Like last time, I will hold 2 spots for the map makers themselves if they want to play.

1. Karl2177
2. [Nutter]
3. nillapuddin
4. Forerunner

Alternates
13+.

We might also play some of the previously tested maps at the end also.

intercession.png
ethereal.png
condemnedalpha.png
refraction.png

Strider

Can't wait for e3 news and I'm pretty stoked for the full release of firefight... Its such a nice change of pace from the sweatiness of arena. I'm tired of losing more than I win in TA lol

Btw I played a decent but of slayer playlist last night n it is so sooooo shit now compared to TA. The map changes and most specifically the weapon placement changes in TA are positive. Storm rifles everywhere in slayer. Grooooooooss.

Also BTB pistol starts pls no spoilertagerino

E3 is going to be glorious. Cant wait to see what they have in store for halo 5 sustain.

Firefight is going to be fun on all of the warzone maps. Darkstar most specifically.

Btw I'm still alive in juarez. Barely though..

Fuchsdh

Repost for 26 hours from now.

testsession-20150528-small.png

ForgeGAF test session; Saturday May 28, 2016 @ 1PM EDT(5PM GMT)

This time around we're going to take a look at a pair of Halo 2 remakes. Just like before, I'll be doing a match of Slayer on each one so people can get acquainted with the maps. Then depending on what the map maker wants, I'll run 2 more matches of their gametype choosing(standard Arena gametypes). I will be contacting the map makers later this week to see what they want played.

sacellum.png
Sacellum is a Sanctuary remake made by Nutter. With the recent texture update, he applied the new stone and marble aesthetics to make the map look even closer to the original.

outskirts.png
Outskirts is a Turf remake made by nillapuddin. Turf is one of the few 4v4 sized maps to use a Warthog, and I'm eager to see how it works in Halo 5's sandbox.

There are going to be 5-7 slots available, plus some room for alternates if someone doesn't make it. Like last time, I will hold 2 spots for the map makers themselves if they want to play.

1. Karl2177
2. [Nutter]
3. nillapuddin
4. Forerunner

Alternates
13+.

We might also play some of the previously tested maps at the end also.

intercession.png
ethereal.png
condemnedalpha.png
refraction.png

We will see if I'm online by then. So many damn boxes to unpack....

Ryde3

Does Hog Wild and the Firefight DLC both drop in June?

I hope the announce continued support at E3! but tbh I'd be happy with a consistently updated Forge playlist *sigh*

Fuchsdh

I'm betting campaign expansion.

Like ODST, but launched from Halo 5/Not a separate release

E3 is gonna be lit this year.

"Campaign Expansion" is probably my top most-wanted DLC, and yet that's also what 343 has most consistently said "very unlikely to happen". I wouldn't hold my breath.

(On that note, still kinda' bummed that H5 campaign is so walled off from the multi side—I want my scoring and leaderboards and not have to have that dumb loading screen.)

singhr1

Does Hog Wild and the Firefight DLC both drop in June?

I hope the announce continued support at E3! but tbh I'd be happy with a consistently updated Forge playlist *sigh*

Hog Wild is next week, Firefight is some time in June.

Would prefer this, just to close off the Halo 5 story. It would coincide well if they do decide to have continued support for Halo 5.

With Firefight launching at the tail end, it's like a new game. They can market it with "Now with over 30 maps, 1000+ REQs etc etc." *Requires 100 GB disc space :p

EDIT: 907 Cosmetic REQs
118 Loadout REQs
165 Power & Vehicle
1190 Total

Plasma

Banned

That'd be cool I'd really like to see another ODST but if there was going to be an expansion my money would be on a Swords of Sanghelios spin off.

Fuchsdh

Hog Wild is next week, Firefight is some time in June.

Would prefer this, just to close off the Halo 5 story. It would coincide well if they do decide to have continued support for Halo 5.

With Firefight launching at the tail end, it's like a new game. They can market it with "Now with over 30 maps 1000s of REQs etc etc." *Requires 100 GB disc space :p

EDIT: 907 Cosmetic REQs
118 Loadout REQs
165 Power & Vehicle
1190 Total

The installation sizes for games are pretty crazy. The rumored 2TB XB1 certainly seems necessary if you plan on keeping the same HDD. Just got myself a 1TB so I can shunt some games to it.

Strider

No assault? Wow. Genuinely wasn't expecting that. Also only new thing is Stasis/Flag. Was hoping Tyrant could make it in at least and also Stasis/Slayer... I was really looking forward to new maps for Pro league.

Sooooooo where will folks go to play assault now? custom games? lol

Loading up the blog post now.

singhr1

Tyrant got cut too?

Come on.... Torque, Overgrowth, Riptide, and Tyrant all missing from Team Arena now?

I'm glad they are tuning it for HCS but they should really add a social objective playlist if 4/13 maps are gonna be missing.

Strider

I'm glad they are tuning it for HCS but they should really add a social objective playlist if 4/13 maps are gonna be missing.

Yea I agree.

I'm totally in favor of a Team HCS playlist like arena is now... but there really should be a place people can go if they want more variety. Social arena playlist is needed anyway but there's just one more reason now...

Most of the final changes to the maps are good though. Pleased with how it turned out.

Welfare

343 should make better maps and not shit remixes. 4 of the new maps aren't even in their premiere competitive playlist.

IHaveIce

Banned
Tyrant got cut too?

Come on.... Torque, Overgrowth, Riptide, and Tyrant all missing from Team Arena now?

All of these maps are not in Arena?

Holy shit Arena just become the best playlist by a landslide.

singhr1

All of these maps are not in Arena?

Holy shit Arena just become the best playlist by a landslide.

Ha, always was. But tyrant and torque were still pretty solid (especially compared to overgrowth and riptide). Overgrowth strongholds was still pretty fun. Never really liked riptide. Aesthetically, all look great though. Stasis is probably the weakest new map aesthetically to me.

Trup1aya

Glad stasis made it in, but sad to see tyrant taken out.

Assault sucked on it for the same reason it sucked on all other maps (the stupid instant resets and weird spawns), but I think it's the best CTF map in the game.

At first I was kinda bummed that there will be no way to play Assualt in MM thanks to there decision to merge HCS playlist with Team Arena, BUT now they have extra incentive to fix the gametype (and it sounds like they are).

Now we're back to GrifBall being the only ball gametype in Arena though :/

Top Bottom