• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Re' Fathom
Location of the Railgun and Active Camouflage has been swapped

This is a subtle change but will over time have a large impact on Fathom gameplay. Moving the Active Camo to Top Mid should reduce the amount of burns and grenades flying in and killing the players competing over the power up. This should lead to more big play potential that just wasn't there when the camouflaged player was killed so easily with grenades in the cramped Bottom Mid location.

this should be a great change. railgun spawning in a less than optimal spot and having teams move it to top is a positive as well. good job, again, 343

wwm0nkey

From the Xbox rumors thread and not a Photoshop

CjfH2HkUUAAE1pg.jpg

Fuchsdh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYo0WPwa6BI

It is a huge waste of opportunity for 343 to not have a dedicated button for these great idle animations. Love the amazing details of the weapon models, especially the one on the boltshot where you take it apart and see it come together by itself.

I wish 343 would go wilder with the Forerunner weapons. They clearly feel that they have to keep them in a certain template otherwise players won't use them, but part of the appeal of the sandbox is weapons have different sometimes unexpected roles (the plasma pistol's overcharge, the Boltshot's pocket shotgun effect.)

singhr1

I recognize Phil Spencer and Major Nelson, but who is the third person?

Aaron Greenburg, head of marketing

I wish 343 would go wilder with the Forerunner weapons. They clearly feel that they have to keep them in a certain template otherwise players won't use them, but part of the appeal of the sandbox is weapons have different sometimes unexpected roles (the plasma pistol's overcharge, the Boltshot's pocket shotgun effect.)

The suppressor and light rifle reqs make them a bit more interesting. The boltshot REQs are kinda boring though. The pocket shotgun variation should make a return. The Halo 4 weapon variant that makes it in, just how the other games got something into the game.

Getting fucking ass tired of playing full bitch teams in warzone and fucking slayer. Fix your shit 343. Holy fucking shit. Damn fuck ass shit

Edit: feel better now but geeze how hard is it to implement a solo slayer playlist and an option to play against other randoms in warzone?? Holy hell it's like 343 goes out of its way to sabotage their own good work with Halo 5, bordering on being willfully ignorant.

Trup1aya

The pocket shotgun should never have left. The ONLY issues with it was Promethean vision and the fact they could be part of your loadout. in H5 they would have been a fine tier 2 weapon, like the PP.

Loomba

Woah, I thought the weapon changes were only for Team Arena, just played a slayer match on Truth and didn't know what the hell was going on lol

Still went 14-2 though!

Glass

Loving the neon green warthogs, but still don't understand the point of scout warthogs if you can't carry people in the back. The amount of fun and teamwork it could be being able to ferry so many about, with the high risk of getting all wiped out seems like the classic formula Halo excels at.

Welfare

Internet crapped out right at the end of a Warzone game :(

Exwife, I have no idea why we were missing like 5 people, but it was a good game while I was I'm there.

Trup1aya

The Warzone refresh sounds like exactly what I need to regain interest in that mode . It actually sounds more like what I envisioned when the mode was first announced.

I'd been strictly Arena and Warzone assault since the firefight beta.

Some of the boss changes in Warzone sound good too.

Not sure if you quoted me on accident or what, but I noticed this:

"roaming bosses" - We already have too many of these. It's like they sat down and said "hey what's the most annoying property of bosses currently and how can we increase it?".

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure if you quoted me on accident or what, but I noticed this:

"roaming bosses" - We already have too many of these. It's like they sat down and said "hey what's the most annoying property of bosses currently and how can we increase it?".

Yup, that was am accident. Randomizing is a good change

Yup, that was am accident. Randomizing is a good change

If they mean randomizing spawn locations, sure that's fine. But if by roaming, they mean the bosses will move around even more, that's a bad thing. Too many bosses are already a coinflip because they wander to one team's side or another.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
If they mean randomizing spawn locations, sure that's fine. But if by roaming, they mean the bosses will move around even more, that's a bad thing. Too many bosses are already a coinflip because they wander to one team's side or another.

That is not the intent in Warzone.

Woah, I thought the weapon changes were only for Team Arena, just played a slayer match on Truth and didn't know what the hell was going on lol

Still went 14-2 though!

Wait what? Please tell me FFA maps are changed as well?

Great update, more dynamic warezone elements, Cortana getting the grunts on her side?? E3 hype is real.

That is not the intent in Warzone.
I would hope not. It's bad enough with the banshee boss on noctus that loves to favor one side during the critical health/damage phases. Is there any internal discussion about seperating points between most damage and killing blow? What is the leading reason against it?

TCKaos

The Warzone updates sound cool. I'm kind of annoyed because the color grading that they're using doesn't really make sense to me.

For the Covenant you've already got the standard Blue/Red/Gold gradation. Why make it Red/White? It's not like there are a bunch of Red or Gold mobs in campaign. Just make the campaign tier Elite Minor blue, then Elite Major red and Zealot Gold. For the Forerunner I'm scared that the Orange and Red will be too similar to tell them apart. Why not reintroduce the Librarian's blue color?

ExWife and I were talking about this and he suggested using the same color gradation as the REQ packs to make it universal: Green/Blue/Purple/Gold, which would also make sense.

I'm also excited to hear that there will be more complex encounters as well. We saw a bit of this in Darkstar with the Soldiers constantly spawning Crawlers under the bases. Maybe we could get something similar with other bosses? Like maybe one of the Banshee bosses could spawn Jackal Snipers to take out people trying to take potshots at it with Railguns, or maybe Wraith bosses could spawn Grunts with Pools of Radiance or Talons of the Lost to take out enemy vehicles.

Make the mobs the hard counters to the counters for the bosses, so that you gain an advantage from actually taking them out aside from just thinning out the adds.

Top Bottom