• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Congratulations, I wish that I could find someone to share my hobbies my passion somebody to love, but I guess that now it's not the time so I just have to keep going, sorry if I got a little bit off topic congratulations again I wish you the best and tons of happiness together :D
Don't worry Jorge, you'll find her some day..
that Halo 2 BR.
Hey Funknown I just played with you! We steaked em lol
Nice that was a quick one, they were all Onyx players too lol.

I think this is the only halo game where i barely use any vehicles. Not even for fun like i usually would in btb either. Hi h4.

On a different note i really want to give the animation team kudos.
I could make a list of things but i wont.

I think this is the only halo game where i barely use any vehicles. Not even for fun like i usually would in btb either. Hi h4.

On a different note i really want to give the animation team kudos.
I could make a list of things but i wont.

Fuck vehicles, in BTB the only thing I use is a Ghost which can be pretty decent. Almost everything else gets melted in seconds because
BR starts!

WZ fairs better due to the stronger variants. All the Ultras are pretty good and same goes for ONI and Hannibal. However, for the most part I’d rather just call in a Nornfang or another high-end weapon.

Does that Wheelman armor mod help out vehicles somewhat in Warzone? I also seem to remember that it stacks if multiple people in the vehicle have that perk equipped.

I am wondering how they could balance vehicles in Halo 6 to make them fun again.

Zeta Oni

Does that Wheelman armor mod help out vehicles somewhat in Warzone? I also seem to remember that it stacks if multiple people in the vehicle have that perk equipped.

I am wondering how they could balance vehicles in Halo 6 to make them fun again.

-Fix the crazy ass physics

-Increase vehicle durability across the board, even without wheelman

-Give the Warthog gunner more protection from incoming fire

-Slightly increase the speed of the slower moving vehicles like the tank, and extend the boost for the wraiths

-Add in a new class of vehicle designed around transporting groups larger than 3

-Lower the REQ cost of higher end vehicles

-Reduce the damage small arms fire does to vehicles, but leave any attachments that do additional damage against vehicles the same

-Additional maps that have more open environments for vehicles

That's what I can think of, to start.

Fuck vehicles, in BTB the only thing I use is a Ghost which can be pretty decent. Almost everything else gets melted in seconds because
BR starts!

WZ fairs better due to the stronger variants. All the Ultras are pretty good and same goes for ONI and Hannibal. However, for the most part I’d rather just call in a Nornfang or another high-end weapon.

Yeah brs melt vehicles away. Its quite ridiculous! Youre right about wz. Id rather call in a high req power weapon and ninja clean house.

Karl2177

Repost for 1 and a half hours from now. If I don't get 8 a half hour after it starts, I'm probably just going to cancel it.

testsession-20150528-small.png

ForgeGAF test session; Saturday May 28, 2016 @ 1PM EDT(5PM GMT)

This time around we're going to take a look at a pair of Halo 2 remakes. Just like before, I'll be doing a match of Slayer on each one so people can get acquainted with the maps. Then depending on what the map maker wants, I'll run 2 more matches of their gametype choosing(standard Arena gametypes). I will be contacting the map makers later this week to see what they want played.

sacellum.png
Sacellum is a Sanctuary remake made by Nutter. With the recent texture update, he applied the new stone and marble aesthetics to make the map look even closer to the original.

outskirts.png
Outskirts is a Turf remake made by nillapuddin. Turf is one of the few 4v4 sized maps to use a Warthog, and I'm eager to see how it works in Halo 5's sandbox.

There are going to be 5-7 slots available, plus some room for alternates if someone doesn't make it. Like last time, I will hold 2 spots for the map makers themselves if they want to play.

1. Karl2177
2. [Nutter]
3. nillapuddin
4. Forerunner

Alternates
13+.

We might also play some of the previously tested maps at the end also.

intercession.png
ethereal.png
condemnedalpha.png
refraction.png

nillapuddin

Repost for 1 and a half hours from now. If I don't get 8 a half hour after it starts, I'm probably just going to cancel it.

testsession-20150528-small.png

ForgeGAF test session; Saturday May 28, 2016 @ 1PM EDT(5PM GMT)

This time around we're going to take a look at a pair of Halo 2 remakes. Just like before, I'll be doing a match of Slayer on each one so people can get acquainted with the maps. Then depending on what the map maker wants, I'll run 2 more matches of their gametype choosing(standard Arena gametypes). I will be contacting the map makers later this week to see what they want played.

sacellum.png
Sacellum is a Sanctuary remake made by Nutter. With the recent texture update, he applied the new stone and marble aesthetics to make the map look even closer to the original.

outskirts.png
Outskirts is a Turf remake made by nillapuddin. Turf is one of the few 4v4 sized maps to use a Warthog, and I'm eager to see how it works in Halo 5's sandbox.

There are going to be 5-7 slots available, plus some room for alternates if someone doesn't make it. Like last time, I will hold 2 spots for the map makers themselves if they want to play.

1. Karl2177
2. [Nutter]
3. nillapuddin
4. Forerunner

Alternates
13+.

We might also play some of the previously tested maps at the end also.

intercession.png
ethereal.png
condemnedalpha.png
refraction.png

Nick is in the building, if I need to bring others I can, after the official sesh Im hoping to swing into my new original map for a game or two if we can keep the gang together

Trup1aya

Just had 4 games in a row where 1 person on my team quit/disconnected or idled.

Edit: now one person on the other team quit.
Edit: another opponent left. Beginning to wonder if the servers just can't handle 8 players at once.
Edit: and another one...and another My team this time
I swear, I never had a streak like this since launch. Made me drop out of diamond.

BizzyBum

I feel like Halo has always had the biggest issues with quitters.

Even with the potential of being banned for a few hours people still quit left and right.

iExplicit

Whatever happened to that community book? It was like.. Halo: Community Evolved or something like that?

Sorry, I don't post in here too much. I lurk a lot and never really have much to contribute

-Fix the crazy ass physics

-Increase vehicle durability across the board, even without wheelman

-Give the Warthog gunner more protection from incoming fire

-Slightly increase the speed of the slower moving vehicles like the tank, and extend the boost for the wraiths

-Add in a new class of vehicle designed around transporting groups larger than 3

-Lower the REQ cost of higher end vehicles

-Reduce the damage small arms fire does to vehicles, but leave any attachments that do additional damage against vehicles the same

-Additional maps that have more open environments for vehicles

That's what I can think of, to start.

Increase durability? The ghost and banshee are already unkillable

Strider

I haven't had a problem with quitters in a long time I don't think... People will drop out randomly and they won't even be doing that bad sooooo I just assume it's DC instead of quitting at this point.

Anyway I'm gonna run some team arena tonight if anyone wants to join me.... But I assume everyone is on that overwatch right now lol

I haven't had a problem with quitters in a long time I don't think... People will drop out randomly and they won't even be doing that bad sooooo I just assume it's DC instead of quitting at this point.

Anyway I'm gonna run some team arena tonight if anyone wants to join me.... But I assume everyone is on that overwatch right now lol

I need a break from Overwatch, so I'm game haha

mo60

I don't know who I've pissed off to get these shitty teammates constantly but I'm sorry okay?? Please stop

I mean 0-16 how on earth is that even possible...

I played a whole match once were the enemy team combined only got 3 kills, but because they kept on betraying each other they got -2 for a total score. My team won by 52 kills.

The only positive thing I can say about my last few days of gaming is that my spartan is finally coming into focus. I finally unlocked the Locke and Loaded, and the Noble Team pistol skins, along with the CE Pistol weapon cert. Time to get beat down some more lol.

EDIT: oh and here is a bonus clip of a ground pound. It's not especially notable for any reason, but when I first picked up the rockets from the victim of my ground pound, it showed it was loaded with 2 rockets for a split second. I go to the wall ready to get some more kills only to realize too late that it's not loaded. Now THAT is a typical Deputy Moonman play. Apologies for the poorly timed capture. You get to watch me flounder around not knowing what to do for a bit.
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/XxDeputyMoonman/video/17947756
Been playing a few hundred matched of halo. Why do people just refuse to talk? It's really bad. They even have on mics sometimes
I have no mic - the one I have doesn't work. But I hope to remedy that very soon with an elite controller. Soon...

Six years later.
Thanks to some folks in HaloGAF.

Today is the day we're making it official. :)
Very nice! Congrats man.
Whatever happened to that community book? It was like.. Halo: Community Evolved or something like that?

Sorry, I don't post in here too much. I lurk a lot and never really have much to contribute
Have you seen any of my posts lately? Anything you have to say is probably loads better than that lol.

Zeta Oni

It's always been my opinion that in terms of other media forms of Halo, an animated series would be the shit.

Imagine a Halo series done like "The Babysitter" from Legends....

32308c6fce49fe761f7983e4eb6852f884d846d5_hq.gif

The Halo universe is so ripe with so many concepts, questions and moral dilemmas to explore that I feel something like a 24 episode series could fit in genre wise with stuff Ghost in the Shell, Aeon Flux, Akira, etc.

It's always been my opinion that in terms of other media forms of Halo, an animated series would be the shit.

Imagine a Halo series done like "The Babysitter" from Legends....

32308c6fce49fe761f7983e4eb6852f884d846d5_hq.gif

The Halo universe is so ripe with so many concepts and questions and more dilemmas to explore that I feel something like a 24 episode series could fit in genre wise with stuff Ghost in the Shell, Aeon Flux, Akira, etc.

Agree actually I just finished again Halo Legends 40 minutes ago I even posted a picture on the previous page

HD9Kc82.jpg

But my dream is a Halo television series like Stargate SG1

sg1_sga_01_1024x768.jpg

BELIEVE!

Frankie/Tashi/Bravo/Bonnie/Kiki/Phil/Ayy LMAO
PLEASE!

Zeta Oni

Agree actually I just finished again Halo Legends 40 minutes ago I even posted a picture on the previous page

But my dream is a Halo television series like Stargate SG1

BELIEVE!

Frankie/Tashi/Bravo/Bonnie/Kiki/Phil/Ayy LMAO
PLEASE!

I think a series like SG1 would be dope as well, Foward unto Dawn was proof that Halo can work in a live-action format in the right hands.

I'm just bias to animation because I'm a visual art major lol.

Mistel

Banned
I think a series like SG1 would be dope as well, Foward unto Dawn was proof that Halo can work in a live-action format in the right hands.

I'm just bias to animation because I'm a visual art major lol.
Forward unto Dawn was alright it showed live action halo could work but it felt kinda lacking in some aspects.

Halo Legends is so good. I love all the short stories, especially The Duel.

They're coming out with another Halo anthology book called Halo Fractures. Hopefully it's as good as Halo Evolutions and Halo Legends are.

Top Bottom