• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Karl2177

Welp, I slept and missed it. My fault.

Not a big deal. Even if you had been there, it only would have been nilla, yourself, and me. Which makes me question what I need to do in order to get more people. Do I need to have it at a different time? Do I need to spam the thread more trying to get people? Is it just that people don't want to play on Forge maps? Or is it that it's hardly a Halo community and more of a collection of people that just post about Halo? I have no idea, but it sucks struggling to get 8 people to play a game.

Speaking of the Halo expanded Universe I have one question, if we don't hear anything of the Steven Spielberg Halo television series @ E3 then it's dead right? I have a strong feeling that it is indeed dead, what do you think

mo60

I'm hoping with those emails from MC/Locke and the leaks this week we see a Halo 5 expansion and hopefully a release on Win 10. We know Halo Wars 2 isn't all they are showing now at least.

I used to get those emails every few months, but I have not gotten an email like the ones posted in this thread recently.. I don't think they indicate anything about a halo 5 expansion.

Not a big deal. Even if you had been there, it only would have been nilla, yourself, and me. Which makes me question what I need to do in order to get more people. Do I need to have it at a different time? Do I need to spam the thread more trying to get people? Is it just that people don't want to play on Forge maps? Or is it that it's hardly a Halo community and more of a collection of people that just post about Halo? I have no idea, but it sucks struggling to get 8 people to play a game.

I would have played if I didn't have work to do.

wwm0nkey

I used to get those emails every few months, but I have not gotten an email like the ones posted in this thread recently.. I don't think they indicate anything about a halo 5 expansion.
I've never seen them but it's mostly the leaks/rumor I'm taking about rather than the email

Strider

8? I can't even get 3 for arena around here... FeelsBadMan. I saw the posts but that time didn't work for me... tbh not really interested in customs or testing out forge maps anyway.

I'd rather just run matchmaking with folks... But the few times I've tried no one usually answers.
Maybe it's just me
or people would rather run Warzone with groups or just play solo I guess. Some people also probably already have a group they play with tho.

Buuuut seriously the arena playlist with updated maps is so much better than before. People need to get in there.

The struggle is real. Custom games are criminally underplayed in Halo.

BizzyBum

I've just been grinding my comms lately. Only need Wardens for enemies and like 10 plasma grenade kills for the weapon mastery. The vehicles still taking forever though.

I play way more Warzone than Arena. When I do play Arena it's usually BTB. I'd be down to play more though.

I'm hoping with those emails from MC/Locke and the leaks this week we see a Halo 5 expansion and hopefully a release on Win 10. We know Halo Wars 2 isn't all they are showing now at least.

It'll be another Windows Phone game kappa

I would love another expansion, but idk. Halo 5 would be the game to do it.

Trup1aya

I'm always tempted to join you guys for forge tests/MM but I know Something will come up at home/work to ruin things

It never fails, when I schedule halo, I don't get to play halo. When I don't schedule, I play w/o interruption (but by myself). Longing for the days when I could play all day everyday

@strider, I'd drag you down if I joined you

8? I can't even get 3 for arena around here... FeelsBadMan. I saw the posts but that time didn't work for me... tbh not really interested in customs or testing out forge maps anyway.

I'd rather just run matchmaking with folks... But the few times I've tried no one usually answers.
Maybe it's just me
or people would rather run Warzone with groups or just play solo I guess. Some people also probably already have a group they play with tho.

Buuuut seriously the arena playlist with updated maps is so much better than before. People need to get in there.

You need to now that most of us are way worse than you, so it's kinda hard grouping with you

What is the consensus on headsets for the xbox one? Is turtle beach the preferred brand? Also can you plug a non gaming headset directly into the elite controller or do you need an adapter?

What is the consensus on headsets for the xbox one? Is turtle beach the preferred brand? Also can you plug a non gaming headset directly into the elite controller or do you need an adapter?

BF4_A50blk.png

I use the Astro A50s Battlefield 4 edition since 2013, I have tried other brands like Turtle Beach, Tritton, Skullcandy, Razer etc and nothing comes close to the quality and performance of my Astros BTW I use them for my gaming sessions and my work.

RNG stomping CLG in this scrim so far. Up 4-1 so far and just finished a massive comeback win on plaza strongholds after being down like 80 points to win 100-97.

Ninja with an overkill already in this slayer game now. jesus.

Last time we did it, it was pretty fun. It’s always nice trying out new maps. However, it was a holiday weekend, so maybe that’s why there wasn’t that much interest this week.

Strider

I just had the most insane game on Truth/Flag... Finished 2-3 with about 30 seconds left in OT. Well over 200 kills total and multiple flag runs were choked by both teams lol We lost

Strider RIP

@strider, I'd drag you down if I joined you

You need to now that most of us are way worse than you, so it's kinda hard grouping with you

Is that really a concern? As in people think I would care or you just wouldn't wanna feel like you were letting the team down if you happened to have a bad game? I really don't give a fuck about people's rank or skill level It's not like I'm great or champion or anything anyway... There's plenty of other posters here better than me.

My only requirement when playing with people is don't be an asshole/rage lol

Strider

RNG stomping CLG in this scrim so far. Up 4-1 so far and just finished a massive comeback win on plaza strongholds after being down like 80 points to win 100-97.

Ninja with an overkill already in this slayer game now. jesus.

RNG really hasn't changed at all for me with the new roster. Sometimes they look incredible... other times they look like shit lol

They could potentially finish top 2 in pro league but I think 4th or so is more likely.

CLG dropping anything even a scrim is probably good for the game though. It is kinda lame with them being so dominant.

I use the Astro A50s Battlefield 4 edition since 2013, I have tried other brands like Turtle Beach, Tritton, Skullcandy, Razer etc and nothing comes close to the quality and performance of my Astros BTW I use them for my gaming sessions and my work.
Thanks man, if only i could. For now though I'm probably going to have to settle for something slightly cheaper =) I finally got an elite controller tonight. Sucks though because I have to wait for the battery pack to charge. Anxious to get a go with the paddles.

Depends on the budget. Technically Showtime is "premium cable" so they could try to make it their Game of Thrones. If it's even still happening, let alone with them.

I feel that a fantasy-based TV show would require a lot less CGI than an interplanetary science fiction one. A live action Halo miniseries (like Band of Brothers, I guess) or a movie would make more sense imo.

I feel that a fantasy-based TV show would require a lot less CGI than an interplanetary science fiction one. A live action Halo miniseries (like Band of Brothers, I guess) or a movie would make more sense imo.

Battlestar Galactica had minimal CGI and was perfectly serviceable (esp for the time) while Nightfall's would have looked terrible even back then (and BSG was on the always laughable SciFi channel budget). Meanwhile, GoT's CGI budget only keeps increasing as it goes on. GoT also has a huge prosthetics budget for it's non-human stuff, as well as battles/fights. Effective prosthetics usage and well thought-out CGI is easily doable for Halo on Showtime.

That said, anytime someone says CGI and Showtime in the same sentence, I have horrible flashbacks to the ridiculous shitpile from the Dexter finale.

Thanks man, if only i could. For now though I'm probably going to have to settle for something slightly cheaper =) I finally got an elite controller tonight. Sucks though because I have to wait for the battery pack to charge. Anxious to get a go with the paddles.

All right then I have heard great things about the HyperX clouds II and they have a new model the revolver $119 USD http://www.amazon.com/HyperX-Revolver-Headset-HX-HSCR-BK-NA/dp/B01CIEBU54/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1464503702&sr=8-1&keywords=hyperx+cloud+revolver

Congratulations now you have the best controller ever made!

All right then I have heard great things about the HyperX clouds II and they have a new model the revolver $119 USD http://www.amazon.com/HyperX-Revolver-Headset-HX-HSCR-BK-NA/dp/B01CIEBU54/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1464503702&sr=8-1&keywords=hyperx+cloud+revolver

Congratulations now you have the best controller ever made!
Woot woot! Thank you. I've been grinding hard on the gold packs. Checked my weapon certs and I have only 3 ultra rare certs and 7 legendary certs left to go. I can sense that Norngang and Whispered Truth are close lol. And no H2BR or extended clip magnum loadouts yet.

Oh, I didn't know that the Arena changes also applied to the Slayer playlist, so that was nice. All the maps are still here unfortunately.

Finally learned how to sprint>thrust>slide>jump! Problem was I wasn't holding crouch long enough and it would always cancel it.

The community made a bunch of wonderful 4v4 maps and we are stuck playing shitty ass Pegasus. MAKES SENSE! ALMOST AS MUCH SENSE AS
BTB BR starts.

I'm pretty excited for it myself. I really loved Evolutions.
Nice, and the animated adaptations for some of the stories were great too: Midnight in the Heart of the Midlothian, The Return and The Mona Lisa.

You know, without Baird from MitHotM, the Covenant would have Earth's location and humanity would probably be extinct. Pretty significant little story, and I think Frankie had a hand in that one, no? The Mona Lisa was some scary shit too lol. I'd love to experience something like that in a game, whether a shooter or something else that's centered around a Flood outbreak.

I just had the most insane game on Truth/Flag... Finished 2-3 with about 30 seconds left in OT. Well over 200 kills total and multiple flag runs were choked by both teams lol We lost

Strider RIP

Is that really a concern? As in people think I would care or you just wouldn't wanna feel like you were letting the team down if you happened to have a bad game? I really don't give a fuck about people's rank or skill level It's not like I'm great or champion or anything anyway... There's plenty of other posters here better than me.

My only requirement when playing with people is don't be an asshole/rage lol

No one likes to underperform in comparison to the rest of the team :p

U2NUMB

Ok I need some help here. Trying to get back into Halo 5 multiplayer but for some reason this game has always lagged hard for me online. I have no issues in any game... NAT wide open and a solid connection but yet for some reason in Halo 5 ever since it launched it has lagged hard for me.

Again.. I am not new to setting up my console to work for online I have a static IP and everything open from a port stand point and any other game is lag free.

Any suggestions? Why does Halo 5 have this issue with my connection?

Ok I need some help here. Trying to get back into Halo 5 multiplayer but for some reason this game has always lagged hard for me online. I have no issues in any game... NAT wide open and a solid connection but yet for some reason in Halo 5 ever since it launched it has lagged hard for me.

Again.. I am not new to setting up my console to work for online I have a static IP and everything open from a port stand point and any other game is lag free.

What's your region?
Do you have lag in every match?

Gwyn

Try focused search and see how it goes

borderline unplayable on these EU servers, everything feels bad

Most likely a modem/ISP problem, TWC?

U2NUMB

Strider

For those that may be interested yet unaware since this seems to have come up rather suddenly... There is a tournament between the 8 pro league teams starting today and I believe it starts at 5 EST/2 PST

CjkKKufUoAAPN4X.jpg:large

No idea what the format is or anything but I'll tune in most likely.

Glass

For those that may be interested yet unaware since this seems to have come up rather suddenly... There is a tournament between the 8 pro league teams starting today.

CjkKKufUoAAPN4X.jpg:large

No idea what the format is or anything but I'll tune in most likely.

Liking the graphics theyve gone for here. And Walshy Kreygasm

Top Bottom