• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

link1201

Me too, Halo 5 as a service sounds better, though I'd like a full featured PC version if it goes that route.
I think maybe since HW2 isn't until next year and Scorpio is a ways away we have a better shot at more substantial updates this year for Halo 5. I hope anyway.

Madness

Salivating at what 343 can achieve with the specs of Scorpio. As great as H5 is, I feel the visuals and gameplay were somewhat compromised by the weakness of the Xbox One console. They tried their best to ensure locked 60 frames etc. Can just imagine 1440p/60fps Halo 6 on Scorpio and PC etc.

Fuchsdh

Salivating at what 343 can achieve with the specs of Scorpio. As great as H5 is, I feel the visuals and gameplay were somewhat compromised by the weakness of the Xbox One console. They tried their best to ensure locked 60 frames etc. Can just imagine 1440p/60fps Halo 6 on Scorpio and PC etc.

I am wondering what the actual resolutions will shake out to. Obviously you could target 2160p30 but I don't think the GPU is going to be quite there with the level of performance people would expect, and so few people have 4K TVs I'm wondering if it's going to be a lot more of full 1080p with nice AA schemes or very high resolution effects or shadow maps, et al.

I wonder if they will enable any HDR features for their first parties like Halo. Xbox One S looks might fine to pair up with my 4k tv. MMMM

Also gears 4 is confirmed to take advantage of Scorpio. SO i imagine 343i might do it too? idk

NOKYARD

The custom color controller stuff is up.

https://xboxdesignlab.xbox.com/en-US

$79 + $10 to laser engrave is a really good deal compared to most third party offerings I've seen.

HaloGAF controller
not
ordered
i have Elite
Hm01

BizzyBum

Missed the conference. So besides HW2, nothing else Halo was mentioned? No mention of H5 gameplan going into the Fall/2017?

dont worry yall, 343 will have something juicy for us with Scorpio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6tf halo baby. working with 1.3 now... imagine that upgrade. holy moly!

wwm0nkey

Well Xbox = PC now for sure which is great. Also Scorpio will be amazing for the next Halo though if that's also on PC I'm getting it there.

So does this mean that we could see brutes in Halo 6 or Warzone?

also i love the Cyclopses in the Halo Wars 2 trailer, and the face that they are on the Ark. but what were the Quadrupedal Bug things that the ODST pod crashed into.

GrimbrotherOne has a bit of time to write up a terrible lore article so he better get to it.

Halo 3 is just in a weird spot for me. It's arguably my most played game ever but I don't really have much nostalgia for it. It also plays fine on MCC, I don't think an anniversary game is going to bring people back to Halo for long. I don't see why they can't remake a couple of the best maps (seems like they have no desire to include the great forge replicas already out there).

FyreWulff

will have to borrow a one tonight and grab the beta. I can't stop watching the trailer. Haven't done this since the Halo 3 trailer, heh.

Also Wars 1 coming to PC should've been brought up more prominently! Neat.

H3A isn't necessary. It looks good enough and all those maps are already on XB1. It's a small ROI

These E3 streams sticking me at 39% :(

Agreed. People just replayed the campaign with MCC and got their nostalgia fix. I'd rather see a full fledged update to H5 including S and Scorpio support considering there won't be a proper H6 until 2018 or so. Unless they pull H6 out of their ass for 2017 and Scorpio. Seriously doubt that though.

jem0208

This is why I don't play RTS online :(

(Outside the fact that I only casually play RTS's)
Yeah, I'm not particularly enjoying it really. It's not the fault of the game, more the game mode and the fact that it's online. When I play RTS games I like to sit back, build a massive army and a really well defended base then attack. That doesn't really work with this.

Madness

Yeah, I'm not particularly enjoying it really. It's not the fault of the game, more the game mode and the fact that it's online. When I play RTS games I like to sit back, build a massive army and a really well defended base then attack. That doesn't really work with this.

I see you'd be a fan of Starcraft NR 15 or NR 20 gametypes lol. I am the same way. I have no issues playing RTS to win or playing fast but I love just building up and then unleashing an onslaught

Same here. Keeps crashing on me.

Fuchsdh

I see you'd be a fan of Starcraft NR 15 or NR 20 gametypes lol. I am the same way. I have no issues playing RTS to win or playing fast but I love just building up and then unleashing an onslaught

In comparison, my first game my ally just sat back and didn't attack with his massive army until we were 160 points from losing, at which point it was too late.

Is there no way to ping like in HW1?

Really that's what campaign is for. In the real world high-risk, high-reward strats like rushes are far more popular.

iExplicit

If I remember correctly, Halo Wars 2 wasn't shown off at E3. It was after E3.

And Frankie said more Halo goodness soon.. Maybe at another event?

Top Bottom