• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

So nothing about Halo 5 at all?

Frankie said "soon"

We are all hopeful today, during the Xbox Daily that airs from 4pm-5pm PDT, will show the Halo 5 Firefight trailer and more Halo 5 news.

Can you imagine next e3 with all the Scropio "ready" titles showing in 4k?

We already know the Next Halo Mainline Teaser will be shown, Hopefully in-game assets in 4k.I really want to see some amazing goodness 343 has in store. (except armor design :X)
Slightly offtopic:
Gears 4 will be shown again but with higher fidelity as a launch (lol) Scorpio ready title.
Crackdown 3, of course
Scalebound willl most likely get a Scorpio ready badge (might not be 4k though)
Mainly a lot of 1st party titles, including indie titles like Below.
I also imagine Crystal Dynamics will be part of a list that shows they are taking advantage of the Scorpio with "updates" to current games like Tomb Raider and ROTR.
Maybe some EA games like Battlefield 1 and the starwars games.
the real kicker is when the next GTA or RED DEAD comes out.

I bet MS wants a big line up of games to go along with the Scorpio launch. PR commercials can say " Biggest line up in Gaming History" "Best launch in Gaming History" "Most Powerful Console ever" then have a scorpion crawl across some desert. it'll be a weird commercial but it will stick with everyone cause they dont know what the fuck it was about.

Frankie said "soon"

We are all hopeful today, during the Xbox Daily that airs from 4pm-5pm PDT, will show the Halo 5 Firefight trailer and more Halo 5 news.

Can you imagine next e3 with all the Scropio "ready" titles showing in 4k?

We already know the Next Halo Mainline Teaser will be shown, Hopefully in-game assets in 4k.I really want to see some amazing goodness 343 has in store. (except armor design :X)
Slightly offtopic:
Gears 4 will be shown again but with higher fidelity as a launch (lol) Scorpio ready title.
Crackdown 3, of course
Scalebound willl most likely get a Scorpio ready badge (might not be 4k though)
Mainly a lot of 1st party titles, including indie titles like Below.
I also imagine Crystal Dynamics will be part of a list that shows they are taking advantage of the Scorpio with "updates" to current games like Tomb Raider and ROTR.
Maybe some EA games like Battlefield 1 and the starwars games.
the real kicker is when the next GTA or RED DEAD comes out.

I bet MS wants a big line up of games to go along with the Scorpio launch. PR commercials can say " Biggest line up in Gaming History" "Best launch in Gaming History" "Most Powerful Console ever" then have a scorpion crawl across some desert. it'll be a weird commercial but it will stick with everyone cause they dont know what the fuck it was about.

RStar doesn't usually give a shit about E3 though. They announce things on their own.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
so hyped

UBc5UhT.png

god damn at this title screen! absolutely love the art direction in this, looks like a modern halo 3. i really hope (but dont expect) for a similar design for halo 6.

now if only i could find a match

Sai

Really getting sick of all the random jackasses messaging me about my Gamertag and/or adding me as a friend, leaving me with notifications that don't disappear for days.

You can just block communications from all but friends though, right? Please tell me yes.

singhr1

HW2 beta works almost as good as MCC on launch

Actually worse for me. The first game i played this morning had none of the VFX working so all i saw were awkward movements and health bars going down. Like my brute war master was doing his gravity pull and I had no idea for a few minutes, i thought grunts were just flying and bugging out.

The framerate is rough, the vsync is terrible, of course the crashing, etc.

Its a beta ass beta. Should be called an alpha really but both those words have lost all meaning.

I found Halo Wars 2 controls unresponsive, when I hit A to build something, I often times had to click multiple times. It was my first game so I probably just need to get used to it.

O shit i didnt know that. How do they usually announce stuff? Blog post?

GTA5 came out of freaking nowhere. On a random Tuesday in October 2011.

Although there is rumor saying a new Red Dead was supposed to be announced at Sony's press conference yesterday but was pulled due to the Orlando tragedy.

Tawpgun

GTA5 came out of freaking nowhere. On a random Tuesday in October 2011.

Although there is rumor saying a new Red Dead was supposed to be announced at Sony's press conference yesterday but was pulled due to the Orlando tragedy.
Doubt it, makes no sense. Plenty of shooty games made an appearance.

Rockstar will announce on their own terms.

Doubt it, makes no sense. Plenty of shooty games made an appearance.

Rockstar will announce on their own terms.

Could have been something especially relevant, such as a same-sex couple being visibly assaulted, killed, etc. given the time in which it takes place.

Cranster

Banned
Master Chief's armor is iconic. That's about it. As far as Halo iconography goes, there is nothing you could pull out of the franchise that is legitimately iconic in popular culture other than his armor. Aesthetically, it's remained very, very similar to how it was in Halo 2. Changed significantly, in terms of details and such, but the colors and defining features have remained the same.
The Master Chief is not the only iconic thing about Halo. In Halo 4 though they changed his look which in the games lore makes absolutely no sense.

Cutter's facial hair is not iconic. The rocket launcher is not iconic. The plasma rifle is not iconic. The Elite's armor is not iconic. The latter three are inherently, recognizably part of the Halo universe, but they are not iconic. They are not iconic in the same way that the mushroom in Mario, the BFG 9000 in Doom, and Metal Gear Rex in Metal Gear Solid aren't iconic. They are not icons of their franchises; a person with little knowledge of those games can't look at those items and immediately think, "that's from X/Y/Z."
They are iconic though, the SPNKR is recognizable and unique among years of generic Rocket Launchers introduced in other FPS games when the Halo 5 Rocket Launcher looks like it was ripped from those other generic FPS games. The Plasma Rifle is an iconic weapon of the Covenant from the oriignal trilogy, the Storm Rifle in-game can easily be confused from a distance with the Carbine. Regardless of Cutters facial hair being iconic or not isn't my point though, it's just not consistent and that is the problem I have with Halo right now.

You have Bungie's art designers, and you have 343's art designers. They are different people with different visions.
Then they should have worked for another company or created something new. You don't alter a memorable design choice for the hell of it if there is nothing wrong with the old design. Star Wars has kept things consistent in the mainline films from an art standpoint, but we all know how people feel about his alterations of the original trilogy.

If you want to nitpick that a character suddenly has a beard, fine, but don't go saying "the Bungie era was iconic" as if to proclaim the sudden presence of a goatee on someone's face is the result of 343 Industries. Chances are, after eight years, someone at Ensemble Studios (the studio who designed Cutter in the first place) would've opted for a slightly different look, too.
That is a poor argument as Ensemble were shutdown before the game even launched. The fact is that in the end it is Bungies art and designs that will go down as being what defined Halo at it's peak. They may have altered things overtime but atleast they didn't give us dinosaur Jackals.

Eh, the Beta doesn't work for me. Downloaded it, but when it starts up its in Spanish. Then freezes on the intro video. Got past that once, only to get an error message I didn't understand, which rebooted the game.

Trup1aya

as someone who routinely mixes up the sniper and shotgun without the flashlight cue in H5, what the hell are you talking about?

Lol I actually agree with him (regarding the storm rifle/carbine thing), and have no idea how you confuse the shotty with snipe

Don't know why people hate the dinosaur jackals though? Makes sense that an avian like species would rapidly evolve into subspecies.

Lol I actually agree with him (regarding the storm rifle/carbine thing), and have no idea how you confuse the shotty with snipe

Don't know why people hate the dinosaur jackals though? Makes sense that an avian like species would rapidly evolve into subspecies.

I'm mostly talking from head-on, when either weapon is in an enemy's hands. It normally doesn't come up too often (mostly thanks to the added flashlight as part of enemy feedback), but I've gotten blasted thinking they had a sniper out in Shotty Snipers a few times.

singhr1

Do you really want to continue arguing about the slight artistic changes of a Tier 3 Halo character?

And then make it some sort of reverence for Bungie or some slight against 343.

Like put yourself in the shoes of an artist. If you're job was just to shell out the same art over and over again, why would you even take that job in the first place. Like Bungie didn't HAVE to change MC's armor from 1->2 but they did. 343i didn't have to change his armor again in 3->4 but they did. Bungie didn't have to make the elites more hunched over from 2->3 but they did. Bungie didn't have to change the Sniper Rifle or BR or magnum/pistol designs in each of their games. But they did. Please let's forget this dumb argument of evolving artistic styles. Some are hits, some are misses FOR EVERYONE, not just Bungie, not just 343i, not just CA, not just Ensemble.

nillapuddin

so looks like Im out 2 Grand in Fall 2017

Scorpio
4K HDR
VR Headset

oh well

this in ultra HD 2 inches from my eyeballs will be worth it

H3-LordAdmiralTerrenceHood.jpg

nillapuddin

I'm already estimating how much I should set aside each week. Although I have no interest in the VR stuff.

im starting a new job this month, I met today to talk about setting up an IRA and all that, and the guy is asking how much Im gunna put away for retirement and the whole time Im doing math like..

... 4K TV, VR, Halo, XBL, oh yeah Food, Rent, whatever

I'm hoping (and kind of assuming) that with the Brute Plasma Rifle and the Gravity Hammer already in the game, we can expect to hear before E3 is over that Atriox (and other Brutes) will make an appearance in Warzone as AI bosses. Doing so would be particularly awesome for the Firefight update.

I'm hoping (and kind of assuming) that with the Brute Plasma Rifle and the Gravity Hammer already in the game, we can expect to hear before E3 is over that Atriox (and other Brutes) will make an appearance in Warzone as AI bosses. Doing so would be particularly awesome for the Firefight update.
Would be nice but 343 are so focused with Prometheans I can't really see it happening.

So ummm.. Where is the xbox daily schedule info dump? All we have are when they start and end on the xbox e3 site....

Hmmmmmmm.....

Not looking too bright right now.

Tminus 12 lol

Is it on their twitch?

I don't think 343 has the time to devote to making all new assets and animations for any new enemies

I don't think 343 has the time to devote to making all new assets and animations for any new enemies

I would agree with you, but one of the last few updates said something to the effect of "we hear you; fighting the Warden is getting old- more unique bosses are on the way... ".

And hasn't every single update had plenty of new assets (weapons, vehicles, etc) including animations (assassinations)? Expecting Brutes might be optimistic, but that doesn't mean it is unimaginable.

I'm officially in the remove the storm rifle from the game or nerf it camp. Getting melted at distance before I can get off 4 shots with the BR is the dumbest thing I've ever experienced.

edit: meant to say storm rifle not plasma caster...

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Watching xbox daily and they are talking about the new dash features and Halo 5 is on the main screen at Home, however it shows a different picture than normal....weird?

Top Bottom