• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

New maps. Fixed servers. Solo queue.

GMCd2e7.gif

Boom. That's the new holy trinity for halo. If you build it. They will come. Sad to see people play less and less halo. H1-3 didn't need exp grinds and customization unlocks to keep people playing. Can someone call juices and get him hired at 343? It's getting straight up depressing in here. No Halo 5 news at E3. People talking about not playing as much. And 343 remaining silent on the 3 things I said at the top. Come on boys let's go!!

New maps. Fixed servers. Solo queue.

GMCd2e7.gif

Boom. That's the new holy trinity for halo. If you build it. They will come. Sad to see people play less and less halo. H1-3 didn't need exp grinds and customization unlocks to keep people playing. Can someone call juices and get him hired at 343? It's getting straight up depressing in here. No Halo 5 news at E3. People talking about not playing as much. And 343 remaining silent on the 3 things I said at the top. Come on boys let's go!!

The lack of Halo 5 news at E3 it is indeed pretty bad I was expecting a Firefight trailer on the press conference with the June update and the future content of Halo 5

The lack of Halo 5 news at E3 it is indeed pretty bad I was expecting a Firefight trailer on the press conference with the June update and the future content of Halo 5
Yeah, as others have said, it would have been nice if they had at least gone over their plans for supporting halo 5 beyond this upcoming update in june. A firefight video would have been dope. I just want to hear them say something, anything about adding forge maps to the playlists and a possible solo-queue. I don't think that's asking too much at all.

blamite

Okay, I just played my first HW2 game and it's uh.... Pretty rough. It doesn't help that there's basically nothing to tell you how the game works or what roles different units fill? Like I don't know what the fuck most of the Covenant units were or what, and the interface is confusing as hell? That upgrade tree??? Is there no way to speed up the cursor like in HW1 (it was on LT I think?)?

Overall it seems incredibly rushed, like the overall level of polish (yeah I know it's just a beta, but still) and complete lack of any support material or unit breakdown on 343's end makes me think that releasing this thing was a SUPER last minute decision.

The fact that they actually tried to sell me a deluxe edition after that match was shocking. Not a good look. I'm a lot more iffy on this game than I was before E3.

IHaveIce

Banned
Yeah the argument of it would go down in the sea of news by other games is not a good marketing strategy, right now all eyes are on gaming news in general, actually I'm planning already how to spend my gaming time in fall already thanks to E3 and no Halo5 news means no Halo 5 in my plans right now.

If they have a big update and possibly an expansion or just the forge port for PC.. all should have got a presence at E3 to help Halo back on its feet in the FPS genre.

I'm super pumped for Titanfall 2

Edit: on HW 2, yeah since I have to skip the tutorial to get the game to work I have no idea what to do aswell.

Getting the prompt to preorder or buy the deluxe edition made me laugh

Okay, I just played my first HW2 game and it's uh.... Pretty rough. It doesn't help that there's basically nothing to tell you how the game works or what roles different units fill? ||hover over the units in the build screen|| Like I don't know what the fuck most of the Covenant units were or what, and the interface is confusing as hell? That upgrade tree??? Is there no way to speed up the cursor like in HW1 ||RB i believe, but you can check the controller setup in the start menu|| (it was on LT I think?)?

Overall it seems incredibly rushed, like the overall level of polish (yeah I know it's just a beta, but still) and complete lack of any support material or unit breakdown on 343's end makes me think that releasing this thing was a SUPER last minute decision.

The fact that they actually tried to sell me a deluxe edition after that match was shocking. Not a good look. I'm a lot more iffy on this game than I was before E3.

responses in bold.
Also there is a Tutorial video.

Yeah the argument of it would go down in the sea of news by other games is not a good marketing strategy, right now all eyes are on gaming news in general, actually I'm planning already how to spend my gaming time in fall already thanks to E3 and no Halo5 news means no Halo 5 in my plans right now.

If they have a big update and possibly an expansion or just the forge port for PC.. all should have got a presence at E3 to help Halo back on its feet in the FPS genre.

I'm super pumped for Titanfall 2

I agree with you they should have said the news on this order: Halo 5 post launch support will continue, Windows 10 Forge, Firefight/June update trailer it could have been a 6 minutes section trust me at least 60% of my audience are casual fans but they still know that E3 means new news about games if you know what I mean

SpartanN92

Banned
You guys dissappointed at the lack of Halo 5 news need to remember that they just didn't have time. Media briefings are a finite resource and every second is precious. You can't waste any time on Halo 5 when more important things like Minecraft texture packs need to be shown.

Come on guys! Common sense!

Akai__

Yeah the argument of it would go down in the sea of news by other games

And yet they are showing like a 20 minute cringe VR demo of Minecraft. Other devs have shown DLC for their current games, too. Take The Division for example.

If anything would catch peoples attention, then it would be a Halo 5 DLC trailer at the E3 mainstage.

Trup1aya

Yeah, which news is it that would have swallowed up Halo 5 firefight or customs on PC? The overlong Gwent announcement? The boring FFXV demo ( Sony managed to get a good trailer for the game), the over long Scalebound demo? The cringey Minecraft demo? MS needs to learn how to better utilize their time on stage.

There wasn't much "news" to speak of at the MS conference. It was about as predictable as it gets...even without the leaks. The biggest surprises were Halo 5 and Crackdown 3 being no-shows.

But hey, we got Division DLC incoming! /s

Magwik

Banned
And yet they are showing like a 20 minute cringe VR demo of Minecraft. Other devs have shown DLC for their current games, too. Take The Division for example.

If anything would catch peoples attention, then it would be a Halo 5 DLC trailer at the E3 mainstage.
They just spent billions of dollars on Minecraft. They sort of have to show it off and show they are investing into the product. Plus kids fucking love it. Halo really isn't comparable to it. However I do agree that Halo 5 should have had a presence on stage, because the message that they continue to dedicate content to the players and aren't leaving the game behind would have mixed well with their message over the new consoles.

Yeah, which news is it that would have swallowed up Halo 5 firefight or customs on PC? The overlong Gwent announcement? The boring FFXV demo ( Sony managed to get a good trailer for the game), the over long Scalebound demo? The cringey Minecraft demo? MS needs to learn how to better utilize their time on stage.

There wasn't much "news" to speak of at the MS conference. It was about as predictable as it gets...even without the leaks. The biggest surprises were Halo 5 and Crackdown 3 being no-shows.

MS's E3 had great content, presented horribly. So much padding, and such poor demos. Did not play to the strength's of their line-up at all.

4 minutes were dedicated to Gwent of all things - 2 minutes of which were playing a card game before the audience. Then you had the live Tekken showing, the horrendous FFXV demo, and the lengthy Minecraft presentation (though, this one's an important corporate move). Though these are likely going to be good games, they really dragged the presser out; so much wasted time, that should have been better invested elsewhere.

They have a huge AAA exclusive in Dead Rising 4 these holidays, and it got 2 and a half minutes of showtime? What?

Why weren't their BC announcements? One of their biggest features was given zero spotlight.

Recore's coming out this year, yet it received a 3 minute sizzle-reel.

And then there's Halo 5's absence. Even an address from Bonnie would have placated most Halo fans, though there could have been a Warzone Firefight teaser, or even better - a glimpse at what's to come.

It shits me.

/endrant.

Gwyn

100% agree

Akai__

They just spent billions of dollars on Minecraft. They sort of have to show it off and show they are investing into the product. Plus kids fucking love it. Halo really isn't comparable to it. However I do agree that Halo 5 should have had a presence on stage, because the message that they continue to dedicate content to the players and aren't leaving the game behind would have mixed well with their message over the new consoles.

They spent those billions of dollars in 2014, now almost 2 years ago. Besides that... Microsoft Studios haven't spent billions of dollars on Halo? I know that Minecraft is really popular, but you really don't need to waste that much time on it, especially not with VR. Minecraft is a game that will sell no matter what, even if there are no news at all. Halo 5 however could have used attention and there is no better opportunity than E3. I also totally agree with Trup1aya. The Xbox E3 conference was so predictable and there were absolutely no news that would have swallowed up the Halo 5 DLC news.

But I forgot that we are talking about 343i here. A company that has control over THE flagship franchise of Xbox and just has terrible communication. I know I'm repeating myself, but that's sad, because Halo 5 is a good Halo game.

Im sad because the community update teased everyone playing halo 5 about new halo 5 news at e3. Yet here we are left in the cold.

Only thing said was "soon" from frankie on gaf. Nothing about halo 5 is even mentioned on any e3 xbox website.

Maybe they'll do a halo live stream tomorrow at e3 with twitch or something idk lol.
This is me being very hopeful.

Im sad because the community update teased everyone playing halo 5 about new halo 5 news at e3. Yet here we are left in the cold.

Only thing said was "soon" from frankie on gaf. Nothing about halo 5 is even mentioned on any e3 xbox website.

Maybe they'll do a halo live stream tomorrow at e3 with twitch or something idk lol.
This is me being very hopeful.

G0SU fishing for a Frankie comment.

I don't think the tease specified Halo 5 at all did it? Pretty sure it was talking about the beta.

G0SU fishing for a Frankie comment.

I don't think the tease specified Halo 5 at all did it? Pretty sure it was talking about the beta.

I guess youre right. I thought i read something about halo 5 at e3 somewhere. Anywho ill just sit my expectations to the community update incoming on friday.

You guys dissappointed at the lack of Halo 5 news need to remember that they just didn't have time. Media briefings are a finite resource and every second is precious. You can't waste any time on Halo 5 when more important things like Minecraft texture packs need to be shown.

Come on guys! Common sense!
Minecraft has a bigger audience than Halo. So yeah. Common sense!

jfoul

I'm just going to visit this thread. It's almost impossible to be positive about anything MS related on these boards anymore. Shit is embarrassing on gaming side.

Also, no Halo 5 news makes me sad. The conference seemed like a nice spot to highlight all of the new content that H5 has now compared to launch.

Gwyn

I'm just going to visit this thread. It's almost impossible to be positive about anything MS related on these boards anymore. Shit is embarrassing on gaming side.

Also, no Halo 5 news makes me sad. The conference seemed like a nice spot to highlight all of the new content that H5 has now compared to launch.

Gaming side sucks i am with you.

But if you are talking about the recent thread about Phils statement "scorpio only worth if you have a 4k TV" then i will have to agree with gaming side.
Looks like Phil doesn't know what he is talking about

singhr1

But if you are talking about the recent thread about Phils statement "scorpio only worth if you have a 4k TV" then i will have to agree with gaming side.

It would have made more sense for the One S. One of the bigger features of the S, outside of size, is the HDR and 4K playback of bluray/streaming which are two features take can be taken advantage of by 4K TVs.

Has anyone tweeted anything from 343? lol

If Bonnie is on the Xbox Daily, then i'd expect some Halo 5 news. Or the other guy in charge of MP. Damn i forgot his name and i watched all of the Sprints too lol..

Well i tried to play some Halo wars this morning and couldnt get past the start menu lol. Went back to Halo 5, and as usual the req system was very predictable when I opened another gold pack. Out of the awesome remaining weapon certs I have yet unlocked, I got the last legendary turret instead, leaving nornfang, prophets bane, whispered truth, and oathsworn left. I guess I can look forward to the remaining weapons being good but come on mang. Thats just cruel lol.

singhr1

Has anyone tweeted anything from 343? lol

If Bonnie is on the Xbox Daily, then i'd expect some Halo 5 news. Or the other guy in charge of MP. Damn i forgot his name and i watched all of the Sprints too lol..

Not about Halo 5 from what I can tell. I think they just want to give Halo Wars 2 the spotlight at E3.

link1201

I just don't know what to think atm. I was really excited and now not as much :/

I am now just excited about new Halo news and the new Spiderman game lol.

Top Bottom