• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

JaggedSac

They certainly made firefight a bit more difficult. Only gotten to final round once.

And they are giving out silver packs like candy for some reason. Got like 5 after my first game.

Edit: Just won one.

Really, really, really liking firefight.

Its actually made me play other gametypes MORE.

The casual kinda not hyper competitive nature makes jumping into arena for a round or two and getting stomped less frustrating

Playing Arena for abit to qualify. But its not really fun when you play alone against whole teams.

We all feel your pain and have echoed some attention to this. more so an option or a lone wolves type of playlist.

T_T .. we all haz cry.

Noobs gotta pay their dues. Get stomped or Pay up
the get stomped

Doubt any of them will touch Arena :p Probably a reason why they are handing out REQs left and right when playing firefight.

link1201

I won 5/8 last night but I was burning through some pretty good reqs. Oni tanks/mantis. I doubt I would do that well without using them. lol

I'd like to see a few rounds with tons of grunts like Reach had.

Snackawho

I won 5/8 last night but I was burning through some pretty good reqs. Oni tanks/mantis. I doubt I would do that well without using them. lol

I'd like to see a few rounds with tons of grunts like Reach had.

There is! Had a round yesterday where it was only grunts. Most of them had fuel rods. Felt like there was hundreds of them.

Also had another round where it was pure grunts, grunts in ghosts, and I think wraiths and the grunt mech

link1201

There is! Had a round yesterday where it was only grunts. Most of them had fuel rods. Felt like there was hundreds of them.

Also had another round where it was pure grunts, grunts in ghosts, and I think wraiths and the grunt mech
Really?? Awesome. I really like this mode. I was going to play some score attack but never got around to it last night.

Lren

Getting Attack on Sanctum a lot in Firefight so far, lol. Having an absolute blast with the mode so far though, so much so that anytime I set down the controller I end up going "You know what would be fun right now? More Firefight." It's a vicious cycle.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
LMAO @ Round 2 protect the core on ARC. How is that supposed to be anywhere near possible?

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
I'm glad the upped the difficulty for Firefight. There's a really good mix of objectives and enemy types too to keep it interesting. My only dislike is that the difficulty spike in the final round sometimes feels like you have to use vehicles to complete it were I would like to have the option to do it by hand too. I can see this being a big drain on req cards.

Karl2177

The day were the average random Plays the Objective, even in PvE modes, will never come. Never.

I get lucky every once in a while, but it only seems to be CTF games. Strongholds always feels like players never know that holding 2 points is better than holding 3 90% of the time.

Dice

Somehow we made it through Round 3 with the Hunters and Knights on Apex. I guess we got to the point where 3 of us could spawn Wraiths all at once. Then later Round 5 was kill 3 bosses and the first one was Grunt Mech surrounded by I shit you not like 20 IC knights. His ultracombine attack blew up several of our vehicles since they couldn't get a shot on him from anywhere that you can duck into cover from. We got him down to about half HP.

Not sure how they expect you to beat that and then 2 more bosses. I mean like maybe if the entire team had Selene's Lance or something? I just don't see it EVER happening with randoms. I'm going to have to keep my eyes peeled for videos of the feat on Youtube.

wwm0nkey

The upper part of the newer map on Firefight with 2 wardens on round 3 is fucking amazing. That area is so fun to fight them in and forces you to on-foot encounters.

But really best set up so far

Ghosts for ground control and defense
Plasma caster for bosses
Tanks for final round

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
nice, just JiP in a match on round 5 with the two wardens and all my teammates hammering them with tanks, banshees, mantis, etc. won in about 60 seconds of play time :)

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Before this update I heard Molten was a remix, but running through it in Forge it seems new. Is it new or a remix?

I regret ever using that term since half the time they are totally different maps with some shared aesthetics. Even that isn't really touching on the 100% "new" effort that goes into designing and building them.

However, the term, "Cousin Map" isn't as bass-droppy.

Dice

nice, just JiP in a match on round 5 with the two wardens and all my teammates hammering them with tanks, banshees, mantis, etc. won in about 60 seconds of play time :)
Almost got that on urban but we only managed to finish off one of the wardens (mostly due to my team opting not to clear the banshees and getting their vehicles blown up)

I'm hoping for more such opportunities because I'm burning through my vehicles and won't be able to help much on that end of things. I don't really have high level weapon REQs because the really legit ones are in golds. Just a few more wins to go.

The soldiers who pilot the Mantis are shy.

While we were fighting a plethora of camo Jackals, we were joking that must be how you were able to put the most enemies on screen for a Halo game. Since they were camouflaged they didn't need to be rendered. :p

I regret ever using that term since half the time they are totally different maps with some shared aesthetics. Even that isn't really touching on the 100% "new" effort that goes into designing and building them.

Is Tyrant technically the Coliseum remix? I've always wondered this and never saw an answer.

jem0208

It is really annoying how often people write off H5's map count because they're "just remixes".

Sharing a few assets does not make two maps the same.

Calling the assault variants in Warzone new maps is reaching a bit for the most part though...

I have to say, i like firefight. Ive been getting a ton of packs with is great. But man, round 4-5 seem impossible if you dont use vehicles.

wwm0nkey

I have to say, i like firefight. Ive been getting a ton of packs with is great. But man, round 4-5 seem impossible if you dont use vehicles.
I think that's part of the problem, weapons need to be stronger against enemies, even the higher weapon read don't work well on those round.... Unless it's a plasma caster

BizzyBum

I wouldn't even know that Molten was a "remix" of Rig. It looks and plays completely different.

I also guess I got lucky as my first firefight match I won with randoms, probably because we all called in tanks in round 5. lol

Congrats! I finally got it too. Out of curiosity was it your very last loadout cert to unlock? The game made me unlock everything else and then finally it gave me the halo 2 BR.

I tallied what I have left total and it will take exactly 18 more gold packs for me to finish the req grind. I have prophets bane and Whispered Truth left to unlock and then the rest is all armor. So close!

I still have a few load out weapons to unlock. Mainly DMR ones. Still don't have the extended mags Magnum.

Trup1aya

If I had any critiques, it would be that round 5 should be difficult not becuase of the number of tough bosses, but the sheer number of supporting forces the boss has.

Fewer bullet sponges to encourage bringing in more fire power, more intelligent and well equipped AI that encourage team work and coordinated attacks as infantry AND in vehicles.

blamite

Certain rounds or objectives should provide a minimum req level; it really sucks to be screwed over on round 3 just because the first two rounds had fast obkectives that didn't level your team enough.

Dice

Just saw the 3 wardens in the back of base (the base behind an army) for the first time. lololololol

JaggedSac

Are commendations going to keep giving regular silver and gold packs or is that a bug?

That is just what they are giving for the commendations. Several of the Firefight related commendations are gold packs every level up. Then you have the one with wins that gives 1/3/5. I think it is a fantastic idea to dump loads of REQs onto people's laps while it is free and there is a big content update. Hopefully pop levels grow from this.

That is just what they are giving for the commendations. Several of the Firefight related commendations are gold packs every level up. Then you have the one with wins that gives 1/3/5. I think it is a fantastic idea to dump loads of REQs onto people's laps while it is free and there is a big content update. Hopefully pop levels grow from this.

I haven't won a FF match yet. :(

Dice

Burn those REQs, lol. Its worth it for gold packs.
The worst is when you do and then only one other teammate does and you get the boss down to a sliver of health. I try to just think it is a bunch of noobs on free play days who have no REQs.

Top Bottom