• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

So I've been playing a lot of Rainbow Six Siege lately, a lot of ranked too, it's been fucking amazing, but don't play it if you dont have a group of 5 and lack the patience to learn its sytem.

But y'all should try it.

Anyway, the ranking system in Siege seems pretty good.

So like Halo 5 ranking KDA and score doesnt matter.

Like Halo 5 you must do 10 placement game, though in Siege one game if it goes to overtime matchpoint will take about 30-40 minutes.

But the part that's really interesting is the W/L.

After you get your initial ranking, if you beat a team lower than your skill,you rank up minimally, if you get beaten by team thats higher than your skill, then you suffer little to no rank loss.

Now, if you get beaten by a lower level team, or beat a higher level team, then you move up a rank tier.

I find this to be quite fair, but can't remember if H5 Arena is similar?

jem0208

So I've been playing a lot of Rainbow Six Siege lately, a lot of ranked too, it's been fucking amazing, but don't play it if you dont have a group of 5 and lack the patience to learn its sytem.

But y'all should try it.

Anyway, the ranking system in Siege seems pretty good.

So like Halo 5 ranking KDA and score doesnt matter.

Like Halo 5 you must do 10 placement game, though in Siege one game if it goes to overtime matchpoint will take about 30-40 minutes.

But the part that's really interesting is the W/L.

After you get your initial ranking, if you beat a team lower than your skill,you rank up minimally, if you get beaten by team thats higher than your skill, then you suffer little to no rank loss.

Now, if you get beaten by a lower level team, or beat a higher level team, then you move up a rank tier.

I find this to be quite fair, but can't remember if H5 Arena is similar?
I’ve been thinking about picking it up considering it’s only £15 on the Xbox store at the moment. Is it really necessary to have a team or is that only ranked?

I’ve been thinking about picking it up considering it’s only £15 on the Xbox store at the moment. Is it really necessary to have a team or is that only ranked?

In ranked yes.

There is casual MP I guess. Where you can get away with being by yourself.

You could play with us though, we have 4 most times, sometimes 5.

link1201

But y'all should try it.
Apparently you're not alone. It's currently 3rd on the most played list..

Akai__

I played Siege with an other account on the free weekend. Been watching so many streams since release (yes I stalked you too Smelzar) and I like it a lot, actually. Can't justify a purchase at the moment, though.

Also, the game shows you the Ping times and the Server location. Something that Halo 5 doesn't do for whatever reason. Ping times in Europe never go above 80ms, while US gives you games between 160 and 180ms.

Fuchsdh

Legendary or laso? I only ask because I've started trying to solo all the titles on legendary for thr first time. H5 was easy and I'm most of the way through 4.

One and two are infuriating.

Legendary. Going to do LASO for ODST, done a few LASO missions in the other games, certainly never want to deal with it otherwise.

Halo 1 also has the benefit of a really easy to exploit checkpoint system and a lot of skips, but really if you're playing Legendary "legitimately" instead of skipping and running through as much as you can you're doing it wrong, IMO. But then again I've never found Legendary that much fun, always appreciated the lower difficulty levels.

jem0208

I played Siege with an other account on the free weekend. Been watching so many streams since release (yes I stalked you too Smelzar) and I like it a lot, actually. Can't justify a purchase at the moment, though.

Also, the game shows you the Ping times and the Server location. Something that Halo 5 doesn't do for whatever reason. Ping times in Europe never go above 80ms, while US gives you games between 160 and 180ms.

IT's 50% off on the Xbox store at the moment, that's why I was considering picking it up.

Decided against it now though, going to save the money for the new Deus Ex.

Akai__

IT's 50% off on the Xbox store at the moment, that's why I was considering picking it up.

Decided against it now though, going to save the money for the new Deus Ex.

Yeah, I know. :(

I'm saving up as much money as I can for all the games later this year and Halo Wars 2. My shopping list unfortunately exceeds 300 US$ and I will have to cut stuff down. Already bought and pre-loaded Deus Ex, though. 17 days :O

jem0208

I'm saving up as much money as I can for all the games later this year and Halo Wars 2. My shopping list unfortunately exceeds 300 US$ and I will have to cut stuff down. Already bought and pre-loaded Deus Ex, though. 17 days :O

I would preload it if it weren’t £50 on the store... :/

On a more on topic note, I had to do some pretty serious carrying to win this one:
Thumbnail_Large.PNG

Fuchsdh

Basically Games with Gold and my completionist streak has utterly demolished any excuse I have to get new games. I'll pick up HW2 when it comes out, but probably the rest of the year I'm just going to be burning through old games. Wish Borderlands 2 was on BC so I could just use my Xbox One for everything, though.

EDIT: Update: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/community-update-summer-red-summer-blue

BizzyBum

Yeah no goods :(

Yeah, that was shit. lol

I'm hoping we get some update in September.

I know Halo fans are pretty loyal and those still playing this Fall will be the die hards, but so much competition coming out in a few months with the likes of CoD, Battlefield 1, Titanfall 2. Going to be tough for Halo 5 going forward.

BizzyBum

I ran some customs with Kampy and his other subs today and I have to say the stuff we played was pretty fun. There's a shit ton of great content out there, we should really try to set up a night where we get people to play customs for a few hours.

Karl2177

Prefabs? That's all?

What a teaser...

There's also the 343I section at the bottom. It's probably just a dev tool, but it could be 343I's internal asset database, which would be awesome. It means we wouldn't need to wait every x months for them to push out content, they could just apply it there.

NOKYARD

There's also the 343I section at the bottom. It's probably just a dev tool, but it could be 343I's internal asset database, which would be awesome. It means we wouldn't need to wait every x months for them to push out content, they could just apply it there.

That is the dev build UI. I regret that i never did look in there.

I hope we get the dev build button combo which spawns Marines.

Thanks Warzone Firefight, I love being spawned with my only wasp I've got in the last 7 REQ packs in the MIDDLE OF A FUCKING GROUP OF PHAETONS!!!

Never seen myself get shot down soo quick. I wish they would just fix warzone firefight already, how long are we gonna have to wait for an update?

EDIT: corrected.

Fuchsdh

Thanks Warzone, I love being spawned with my only wasp I've got in the last 7 REQ packs in the MIDDLE OF A FUCKING GROUP OF PHAETONS!!!

Never seen myself get shot down soo quick. I wish they would just fix warzone already, how long are we gonna have to wait for an update?

They've already made tweaks to it.

Fuchsdh

A Hotfix yes, but I'm talking about the major changes we've been complaining about. moving defend missions around isn't what I call a "fix".

Well I can't think of any fix that would make spawning a Wasp to deal with Phaetons a good idea, so you're on your own with that one.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
We were running out of time to take out the mythic hunters on Stormbreak, so I called in a phaeton, flew into the fortress, went into one of the circular chambers and then flew up. From that spot I was able to take the last two out easily.

Well I can't think of any fix that would make spawning a Wasp to deal with Phaetons a good idea, so you're on your own with that one.

Fixing vehicle spawns so when theirs a prominent group of aerial enemies you aren't spawned in the regular garage area?

It was a round 3 Phaeton mission, Wasps could've easily handled them but not when the spawn of the enemies aerial vehicles are right on top of the normal vehicle spawns. something needs to be moved around their.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
It's cool to see the OG leftovers squad running games: Ninja, Victory, Hammy, Spartan

Yeah, hope it works for them. The new nV sounds beastly. Thats a legit upgrade. Contra, Devin and the twins I'm unsure of.

Top Bottom