• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Did they change the mm parameters for social or something? I noticed a lot of shitty players when playing triple team slayer. Which is better now because each team ended up having 1 good player, 1 okay player, and 1 player who could barely walk and shoot at the same time

Oh Shit Multi Team is back?!

Hyyyyype

Except this time is better because its 3 teams of 3 (9 players) instead of 4 teams of 3. Which means it's on the Arena maps and not BTB maps

Oh Shit Multi Team is back?!

Hyyyyype
Except this time is better because its 3 teams of 3 (9 players) instead of 4 teams of 3. Which means it's on the Arena maps and not BTB maps
Yupp, it's so good in this game. Halo 5's gameplay is a monumental step up from previous games. That can't be said enough.

After tuning Spartan Charge they could largely leave movement the same, and I'd be happy. I'd rather they removed sprint, but hey.. I'm fine with what we have now as long as H6 feels as smooth. Halo 4 sprint feels archaic in comparison.

I'm sure it's fun and I'll try it tonight but I always enjoyed 4 teams on smaller maps like in Reach. Something so amazing about having 3 enemy teams consistently running into my Sword. The camping was so real but the killing sprees were the stuff of legends.

God I miss Sword Base.

IHaveIce

Banned
Nice, the spawns on Molten are absolutely fucked though. You'll often spawn right next to people. In triple team, blue and yellow spawn in the same room at the start (control).

Still have to play some multiteam, sounds fun.

Was my second time playing on the map, was super confused

Welfare

Riptide is really fucking bad on Slayer...

Oh god yes lol. Fuck it and Overgrowth.

I kinda wish I could manually limit where I get placed in Ranked playlists. I was NOT prepared for Onyx/Champion level Slayer gameplay after weeks of just playing Warzone, and I can only bad kid myself to place in Diamond 6. Arena will be terrible.

jem0208

Oh god yes lol. Fuck it and Overgrowth.

I kinda wish I could manually limit where I get placed in Ranked playlists. I was NOT prepared for Onyx/Champion level Slayer gameplay after weeks of just playing Warzone, and I can only bad kid myself to place in Diamond 6. Arena will be terrible.

Oh I know what you mean. Back in January I grinded the game pretty heavily and actually got pretty good. Then I stopped playing for a while and after coming back I was repeatedly fucked, hard.

The Flash

Banned
Anyone wanna do warzone Saturday in a little while?

91460-Im-your-huckleberry-gif-Val-Ki-nbul.gif

Karl2177

I believe I will be playing tonight. If we have 8 people, I would love to do a few custom games on Glass House for some footage.

Akai__

Wow. I didn't think it was that bad

It's ALL about that Blue Room control. The biggest mistake they made was removing the Fuel Rod Gun from the map, because you could actually push with that weapon. They should have reduced the ammo count instead.

With a good setup, it's just very very hard to break the room. Sightlines are terrible, too, just like the majority of the post launch maps.

The Flash

Banned
and now you guys know why I don't play any of the competitive modes. Lack of skill + inability to perform under pressure + great frustration at my noobness = 5/17 KD gameplay

BraXzy

Long time no see Mr. Halo.

How are all you beautiful people doing?
Even you Frank!
Me and a buddy had the urge to play some shoot bang so we hopped on for the first time in forever. Feels as good as ever. Also, I got a new sweet ass TV recently (that no longer cuts off the edges lmao) so that was cool.

Messed about in customs for a bit, the forge team really are amazing with some of the stuff they've added for people to use. Checked some people's bookmarks and damn, Goat's map from way back has come a long way, looks amazing :O

http://www.forgehub.com/maps/spellbound.3317/

Even you Frank!
Me and a buddy had the urge to play some shoot bang so we hopped on for the first time in forever. Feels as good as ever. Also, I got a new sweet ass TV recently (that no longer cuts off the edges lmao) so that was cool.

Messed about in customs for a bit, the forge team really are amazing with some of the stuff they've added for people to use. Checked some people's bookmarks and damn, Goat's map from way back has come a long way, looks amazing :O

Who are you again?

Even you Frank!

HO-LI-SHIT Zoba putting in work!!

That legit looks like a dev map, graphically speaking. Amazing.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Wow, envyus is rumored to have picked up huke (for rayne). Between him and snip3down, this squad honestly could pose a legit threat to counter logic. Exciting!

Even you Frank!

1v1 me bro

Two Urban Firefights and two losses to the mythic wardens. So close the second time.

I hate when they spawn the mythic warden in bases.

The only times I've been on a team that won the match against that fucker was when we managed to get TWO silver banshees in that area with him.

EmiPrime

I've just finished Halo 5 and I can now see why a bunch of people have said that it has ruined console FPS for them; nothing else controls or plays as smoothly. Phenomenal game, it was worth buying an Xbox One for this.

I was a bit meh on Halo 4 but I think Halo 5 tops the Bungie games.

I've just finished Halo 5 and I can now see why a bunch of people have said that it has ruined console FPS for them; nothing else controls or plays as smoothly. Phenomenal game, it was worth buying an Xbox One for this.

Play some multiplayer and you'll feel hard to get back to any other game.

Fuckin oath mate.

Ade

Now if only more people would play it and make their own judgements, as opposed to the sodding Halo Hate Squad.

Random*, but regarding Spartan Charge - I had some ideas on how to implement a balanced version of it, but in terms of the actual damage it can deal, would you guys rather it:

- Do persistent damage over time as the player lunges, sort of like Mewtwo's neutral-aerial in Smash Bros.
- Only be able to hit a single target for damage (more or less its current incarnation)
- Have an AOE-type impact at the end similar to Ground Pound, but obviously weaker and with less range

Or some combination of the three?

jem0208

I think the best thing they could so with spartan charge is just straight up remove the auto aim.

Making it require even a modicum of skill would massively improve it.

Top Bottom