• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

m23

Titanfall 2 hype, can't wait for the stress test. I still can't decide which is my favourite mp this gen, Titanfall or Halo 5.

Good news, then. The first of two technical tests starts this weekend.

I have to pass on it. :(

I have data caps, so I generally pass on any type of beta.

That just means more time for Halo! Let's see if I can improve my 38% w/l.

Tomash

As a radar lover since forever I'd comprise with this happily.

Real talk, I don't think such radar would fit with current Halo. Dir. radar wouldn't tell you if enemy is spartan charging towards you, or charging a ground pound. It would also make engagement control much harder, which is pretty important in Halo because of how hard it is to win head-on 1-vs-many encounters. For a solo player who doesn't have headphones in a game with a narrow field of view, motion sensor is a neccesity.

Karl2177

are there tutorials out there for halo 5 forge? i want to make something fun to play on but it's so different from what i'm used to in halo reach
Forge Hub's YouTube channel has one of the better tutorials, but to me the best thing is to just go in with a plan and try to make that. It'll take you a week or two to relearn the controls. What I did was take a map that I made in Halo 4 and try to remake it in Halo 5. It's definitely a trial and error process on your first map.

Real talk, I don't think such radar would fit with current Halo. Dir. radar wouldn't tell you if enemy is spartan charging towards you, or charging a ground pound. It would also make engagement control much harder, which is pretty important in Halo because of how hard it is to win head-on 1-vs-many encounters. For a solo player who doesn't have headphones in a game with a narrow field of view, motion sensor is a neccesity.
4 players communicating with radar vs a team of solos not communicating with radar. I wonder which team it helps out more..

But this was similar to the whole 14 Day Buy and Play thing. We saw during pre-release tournaments and events that the game was crashing, but they waved it off as an old build. Even for the launch tournament, they claimed the crashes were because of an old build. If you're giving away copies of your game at the tournament, why wouldn't you also use copies for the tournament? They lied through their teeth about the old builds. If you're going to take accountability, do it before you take $60 out of my pocket, not after.

This. MS knowingly released a product that didn't function at a basic level. Knowingly. There should've been a product recall, no ifs, no buts.

Tomash

4 players communicating with radar vs a team of solos not communicating with radar. I wonder which team it helps out more..

Team of solos, because radar provides you with benefits you would need to acquire through communication if the game didn't have radar. One such benefit is knowing where your teammates are, radar tells you relative position of your teammates so you're not spending time looking around for teammates' tags. So I'd say that radar reduces the advantage you get from team communication.

One person from that team of 4 instantly relays info to their team on your red dot, meaning 4 people now know your whereabouts from one person seeing your red dot vs you, a single player knowing only to yourself about red dots you see.

It doesn't help you more than it helps communicating teams.

Would it be any different if game didn't have radar? If you're not crouching, he would hear you and relay info about you. If you want to sneak up against the player with a headset, you would have to crouch walk regardless.

One person from that team of 4 instantly relays info to their team on your red dot, meaning 4 people now know your whereabouts from one person seeing your red dot vs you, a single player knowing only to yourself about red dots you see.

It doesn't help you more than it helps communicating teams.

jem0208

Team of solos, because radar provides you with benefits you would need to acquire through communication if the game didn't have radar. One such benefit is knowing where your teammates are, radar tells you relative position of your teammates so you're not spending time looking around for teammates' tags. So I'd say that radar reduces the advantage you get from team communication.

Ehhh......

Thing about radar is that the information you obtain from it is limited to your view, only you can see an enemy on the radar if your teammates are elsewhere. Without mics there's no way to communicate this information.

For example on Truth: if a solo player sees someone on radar below their base the only thing they can do to apply pressure is try to drop down and surprise challenge the attacker. This may completely fail if they lose the challenge and even if the player wins they're now out of position as they had to drop down.

If a player on a to4 sees someone on radar below their base, all they have to do is call it out and there will be a hailstorm of grenades thrown under the base.

There's a minor benefit to being able to see where your teammates are at a glance but it's not going to help much.

literally the only thing I feel could improve forge is the ability to add NPC enemies. some of the most fun I've had with games like far cry 3 was just tooling around with the scenario creator and then seeing if I can clear out all the enemies in my level with just the resources that I provided myself.

So after watching the Reach 60fps video, i reinstalled it on xboxone and realized that this shit is unplayable. Framrate is worse than it was on 360. Damn shame.

As you say several sets like Goblin, Copperhead, Scout, and maybe Recon and Legionnaire do seem to have been designed on the female base model which is nice as they work well compared to others as they seem to take the model in to consideration when the armor is designed. I don't mind the dichotomy of body styles too much but more options wouldn't hurt much.

A lot of the DLC armors (Teishin Stormstrike, Mark IV, Mark V, etc.) also look pretty boss on the female model. Mark IV in particular seems to be way more heavily-armored than most of the other suits and it just makes you look like a tank, it's great.

Can't even playing BTB without running into a full party. All +148 with Achilles armor, shit gets so fucking annoying. They have nothing better to do than full party fucking BTB.

As opposed to eight-manning what, exactly?

Warzone maybe?

You know how fucking frustrating it is to play this game solo if you have somewhat high MMR? You get thrown against parties every other game. I can’t play arena without getting shit on constantly by a full team, but that’s a ranked game mode, so I can’t really be upset at these players. However, I can’t even go into an unranked mode and have any fun at all because I’m just going to face a team there. 343i doesn’t give a shit about solo player, just fucking meat for the meat grinder. Maybe the pop is too low for the MM to actually work decently, I don’t know, but the MM in this game is ass if you play solo. And this has been reiterated plenty of times by other high ranked solo players.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Other then matching emblems or try hard clan gamertags, how do you know you are matching full teams? Or are we just assuming based on getting a train run on you in matchmaking?

BradC00

Other then matching emblems or try hard clan gamertags, how do you know you are matching full teams? Or are we just assuming based on getting a train run on you in matchmaking?

you can look up players on halo5arena and see if they've been playing with each other the last few matches.

m23

Yeah I am, but I'm not in an eight man. Eight manning BTB so they can just get easy games.

Why blame the players? I play BTB if I get a full party of people, we don't play it because they're easy games, we play because it's fun. Don't blame the players, blame 343 for the matchmaking.

Why blame the players? I play BTB if I get a full party of people, we don't play it because they're easy games, we play because it's fun. Don't blame the players, blame 343 for the matchmaking.

No, you're right, I shouldn't be blaming the players. I'm sure they want some good game too, I know I don't enjoy it if I'm just stomping the other team.

so I tossed a sticky grenade into the grav lift on coliseum and it glitched or something, the sticky stayed alive in there and was making this loud noise... A minute later I'm sniping from red cave and someone stepped on it as they lifted, got the kill along with the stuck medal.

Probably common knowledge but I haven't seen that before.

No, you're right, I shouldn't be blaming the players. I'm sure they want some good game too, I know I don't enjoy it if I'm just stomping the other team.

Agreed, I was invited to a fireteam who just play warezone on Australian servers and demolish randoms all day/night.
I refuse to do that, I'm not into winning enough to play like that

Top Bottom