• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Zelda2GIF.gif

The full post is here. It's grifball again.

It sort of exists in things like the postgame carnage report, but having the option to cycle through the "tiers" of options in things like Custom Games using the bumpers would be nice.

My experience in H5 is that entering Arena solo is 100% asking for an asswhooping- moreso than previous Halos at higher level MMR. It's why I've learned to love FFA, a gametype that I've never really bothered with before.

I don’t like FFA at all in H5. It seems like everyone is crouched in a corner with an auto. So there are really not that many playlists I’ll play. I generally stick to Slayer, I find it a lot more forgiving for a solo player and there seems to be a little less high ranked teams compared to Arena. BTB is fun, but it needs to be pistol starts to make it more enjoyable. Infection and Grifball are alright once in a while, but they get boring quickly. Breakout is just bad and the only person that plays SWAT is Frankie. I’m also not a huge fan of Warzone, Firefight is a nice chill mode though.

I just wish there were more modes for the most part. Where’s my Oddball, KotH, Juggernaut, Headhunters, VIP, Extraction, and etc.

I just miss the modes that made Halo what it is. For me, that's where a lot of the fun came from, all these crazy stupid modes you could play. Halo 5 has none of that, it lacks charm. The gameplay is there, but it's missing the other aspects that made Halo so great.

Edit: Ok, no more editing, you guys get the point.

BizzyBum

FFA is really the only sweat mode I play since I never have a team but damn is that a full on tilt mode. I go from wanting to play Halo to cursing it in a couple matches, usually after a Molten match.

Akai__

If they're serious about the initiative, I forsee H6 PC, day and date, with co-op and customs between Windows and Xbox.

I see them doing the exact same thing as they are doing for Gears 4. Everything is crossplay (Campaign, Customs, Firefight and Forge), but official MP isn't.

They gave the whole "more info coming soon!" Thing 3 weeks in a row so that means tonight is the night for sure!!

I can feel it! Barvo will give us the goods!!

Hopefully.

Been playing Overwatch for the past month and come back and match only Champions now. I'm platinum at best now, can't even enjoy the game.

EDIT: placed Diamond 5 and im pretty sure I lost all my placements lol

Been playing Overwatch for the past month and come back and match only Champions now. I'm platinum at best now, can't even enjoy the game.

EDIT: placed Diamond 5 and im pretty sure I lost all my placements lol

Yeah, I only won four and it placed me Diamond four. I've been losing a lot of my matches (40% w/l), but I'm still ranking up. That goes to show you how bad the MM is. I'm getting matches the game knows I probably won't win, so I don't lose that many points. So I can lose like 2-4 games (depending on the other team) and only win one and I'll make progress lol.

This game has become practically unplayable now. 75% of the games I play are me, and my teammates, with a boot on our neck, for 5-10 minutes. So boring.

I've been doing Warzone solo sporadically and it's been pretty okay, maybe one in 5 (max) is a crazy blowout.

Every time I search Warzone assault it's just a dead search lobby for five minutes. Last match I played in that list, I had to search 'Expanded', and boy did the connection quality suffer. Seems that list is suffering in between WZFF, WZ and big team.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Finished golds, now what? Franles, when's the next content pack coming?

Cranster

Banned
I miss the days when multiplayer maps were pretty much tested and balanced at launch. I hate having to re-learn weapon placements every couple months because nobody can get it right the first time.

belushy

Banned
Im happy to see Tyrant being tested though. The middle room holds the map back a lot but it would be cool to see for at least a season.

Fuchsdh

It's plain nice to see more maps in competitive rotation. I think Overgrowth Strongholds is good and Tyrant shoulda' already been there.

Going to miss the Hydra on Plaza. Everyone else seemed to ignore it, it was the only place I could easily get Hydra kills for my commendation.

njean777

Why in the world am I penalized for leaving a game where everybody else left? I hate the fact that I left a game because it was 3v1 (ranked btw) and then I get penalized for it... Why won't you just end the game and give to to the other team and not penalize me for leaving as to not waste my time?

Top Bottom