• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

IHaveIce

Banned
Haven in Halo 5 boys:

Cqo1-qwUEAABS-U.jpg

OMG!! the artstyle is finally not human

EDIT: YOU CAN HAVE HUNTER CANNONS AS WEAPONS LMAO

Trup1aya

Mikwen, just said he believes mercy to be one of the maps in testing for fall pro league...

I'm hype. This is making me pine of some regicide, vip, and oddball

Also, I'd love to be able to rip the cannon from the body of dead hunters in Future Halo's. Your welcome 343.

link1201

Mikwen, just said he believes mercy to be one of the maps in testing for fall pro league...

I'm hype. This is making me pine of some regicide, vip, and oddball

Also, I'd love to be able to rip the cannon from the body of dead hunters in Future Halo's. Your welcome 343.
They sure do need some kind of variety.

jfoul

The new maps look really good! I'm sitting on 1,200,000 req points, and ready to go. I was a bit worried about content after firefight, but this update is way more than what I expected.

I'm very pleased with the updates in this game and continue to play a lot. Keep up the good work Stinkles / 343i.

Skyline and Monolith say hello. Adrift wasn't bad for certain game types either.

Skyline and Monolith were DLC maps, right? Pretty sure I only played on those in MCC as I never bought the DLC for H4. From what I remember I enjoyed those maps, but I think I only played on those in the action sack playlist.

Skyline and Monolith were DLC maps, right? Pretty sure I only played on this in MCC as I never bought the DLC for H4. From what I remember I enjoyed those maps, but I think I only played on those in the action sack playlist.

Yeah they were DLC maps. The DLC was actually pretty decent, too bad there wasn't really anyone left to play it!

fernoca

Got my crate faster than expected (Puerto Rico). Like got the shipping email yesterday, tracking said it was actually shipped on the 19th and just got it today.

Way better than anticipated too. Hoodie was cool and fits me just right, not to tight not too big. The bag was also really cool, wasn't even expecting one. The mini statue was already expected, but great quality anyway.

Really happy with everything.

This update looks amazing thank you for your hard work 343 Industries, this is the best Halo in the entire franchise in terms of post launch support and the multiplayer is awesome!

belushy

Banned
That Haven remake is bouta make me cream... I saw the announcement of the release date this morning so just now getting home to see its a freaking Haven remake.

Good stuff 343. THIS is what we want.

And more gametypes.

belushy

Banned
Hey Frank, can you clarify this a bit?

Also launching on Sep 8 alongside Halo 5: Forge on Windows 10 PC will be the brand new Halo app, which lets you quickly and easily find, download, and launch Halo games available on Windows PCs, all while providing players with the latest news, videos, tutorials, featured community content, update notes, and more from across the entire Halo universe. We’ll have much more on the Halo app coming up very soon, so stay tuned!

Does this mean finding custom games in H5 will use this or am I reading wrong? Mainly confused by the "find, download, and launch Halo games"

edit: Oh and will the MP matches on the PC forge edition be picked up through the API? For sites like Halo5arena?

Does this mean finding custom games in H5 will use this or am I reading wrong? Mainly confused by the "find, download, and launch Halo games"

edit: Oh and will the MP matches on the PC forge edition be picked up through the API? For sites like Halo5arena?

Good catch, solid question. I'm curious about this too.

There are halo games currently on PC. Spartan assault and the other one, and halo wars 2 will be there. No idea if that includes Halo CE and 2. So it sounds like that app will have to ability to launch halo titles you own on PC, similar to how the halo channel app on Xbox can launch the halo titles you own on Xbox.

I'm still in awe that Forge on PC and 4K Halo customs is only weeks away. A free content cherry on top as well!

Industry leading 343, all my respect.
and gaming time

Halo 5 is easily the overall best game in the entire franchise.

I'm still in awe that Forge on PC and 4K Halo customs is only weeks away. A free content cherry on top as well!

and gaming time

It would be the best if it had
BTB pistol starts.

Overall, I'd still say Reach was the best package. Halo 5 is getting closer though.

belushy

Banned
There are halo games currently on PC. Spartan assault and the other one, and halo wars 2 will be there. No idea if that includes Halo CE and 2. So it sounds like that app will have to ability to launch halo titles you own on PC, similar to how the halo channel app on Xbox can launch the halo titles you own on Xbox.

Yeah I considered this. Suppose this does make the most sense either way.

and gaming time

Yeah its crazy that it is actually happening. Halo 5 PC customs are about to be LIIIIIIT

It would be the best if it had
BTB pistol starts.

Overall, I'd still say Reach was the best package. Halo 5 is getting closer though.

At time of launch I can see that but I don't think it holds up now with current H5.

Yeah its crazy that it is actually happening. Halo 5 PC customs are about to be LIIIIIIT

I'm wondering how the cross regional play will be.

Separate to that do I dare dream of it being used as a LAN server for Xbones?

Mercy looks fantastic. Props 343i.

Also Content Browser finally, another plus.

If anyone missed in the other thread, Frankie responded to someone asking about a Custom Game Finder. I hope I'm interpreting this right.

You will find out more about easier ways to organize games soon. But correct, no XBL-style matchmaking.

At time of launch I can see that but I don't think it holds up now with current H5.

In my view, it still has more content than Halo 5.

Personally, I find Reach's FF more enjoyable.

Daily/Weekly/Monthly gave the campaign a lot of replayability.

A ton of modes and playlists, Halo 5 doesn’t even come close in this area.

Better armor and customization options.

The things Halo 5 does better are gameplay, ranked, and probably maps.

Halo 5 multiplayer should be treated as a separate entity of the franchise, my point is that I don't want to reset everything and start from scratch on Halo 6 for example in terms of gameplay

In my view, it still has more content than Halo 5.

Personally, I find Reach's FF more enjoyable.

Daily/Weekly/Monthly gave the campaign a lot of replayability.

A ton of modes and playlists, Halo 5 doesn’t even come close in this area.

Better armor and customization options.

The things Halo 5 does better are gameplay, ranked, and probably maps.

I actually prefer the seek and destroy PVE more than Reach's FF, that grew stale after you find out where to holdout on a map.

Daily and monthly challenges were okay, I don't consider them content though, just a way to arbitrarily pad out the game.

Gametypes and playlists are definitely an area where Halo 5 needs to improve. Though headhunter and stockpile were both trash, I feel the overall quality is better in 5.

Agreed on customization, 5's customization is over saturated with variants that are similar to one another, that you can't even see in game due to fidelity. There's also armor that's just plain ugly, such as Scanner, Decimator, etc...I think Halo 5's environmental art is fine, but Armor looks bad for the most part.

Does Halo 5 have more than 1 decent map? Yes, so it beats out Reach's map pool by default.

Top Bottom