• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Sprint is debatable in 5 and smart scope is almost entirely aesthetic.

I for one cant imagine playing a future Halo game without sprint. I would just get frustrated. I started to get like that when around the time Halo ODST and Reach came out because of how many shooters adapted it at that point. As for ADS, they need to just commit to one, and not this weird half step aesthetic thing. The AR still looks weird to me zoomed in.

Valhalla plays so fucking bad. People just camping behind rocks with BR. I'm over by the railgun spawn and I'm getting teamshot from Pelican.

jem0208

I don't understand Halo sometimes. I just had a game where off spawn I got a killing spree going 5 and 0. For the rest of the game I got 2 kills for 10 deaths finishing with 7 kills, 10 assists and 10 deaths. I don't know what happened...

Whereas the previous game I started at something shit like 2 and 7 then finished at around 12 and 11...

However you need to justify it.

Not sure what I'm justifying. Smart scope being almost entirely aesthetic is just a fact and sprint is widely accepted as being fine in 5.

Mistel

Banned
I wouldn't even consider Alter or Basin to be good maps. Guillotine, Scavenger, Eagle Square and Boulevard are all pretty great though. Also, Reach had the same problem of cross mapping that's in 5 currently. Hemorrhage was bad in Reach's sandbox. Viking could be salvaged with Pistol starts. Avalanche or Sidewinder would still be better than the linear box canyon maps within the modern Halo sandbox though.
Shame they all look terrible in the forge palette. Speaking of Avalanche and Sidewinder what do you thing of Antifreeze? BTB pistol starts would go a long way but its a bit too little to late as a band aid than an actual fix but that would require sandbox changes really with some streamlining.

Honestly, sprint is probably here to stay. The game has almost been out almost a year now, no sense in bitching about it still. Yeah, I’m not really a fan of it, but whatever, it’s not going anywhere. Halo 6 will probably have it. Only issue I really have is with Shoulder Charge, I don’t even think it needs to be removed. However, they need to lessen or get rid of the generous tracking it has. It tracks way too well; you can actually dodge it in time and still get hit because of the tracking. Other than that I really don’t have an issue with any of the other spartan abilities.

Honestly, sprint is probably here to stay. The game has almost been out almost a year now, no sense in bitching about it still. Yeah, I’m not really a fan of it, but whatever, it’s not going anywhere. Halo 6 will probably have it. Only issue I really have is with Shoulder Charge, I don’t even think it needs to be removed. However, they need to lessen or get rid of the generous tracking it has. It tracks way too well; you can actually dodge it in time and still get hit because of the tracking. Other than that I really don’t have an issue with any of the other spartan abilities.

Eloquently phrased

I would be perfectly fine with Shoulder Charge being changed... just as soon as my company finishes the last 600 SC kills it needs for Achilles armor.

They def adjusted the ffa rankings. Used to be able to get 5th and if 6th was someone higher than you, you would break even pretty much. Now even of you get 3rd and everyone under you is higher you only go up 3ish. Made getting champ pretty difficult.

link1201

So the Halo Channel dead
er
?

The Halo app will bring you all the latest news and information on what’s happening in our world – from new stories to esports, from awesome collectibles to the latest game articles and videos. And it will be the place to go for tips and tricks from both our team and the broader Halo community

Looks like Channel will remain the media viewer and App will be the game UI? Splitting them apart basically. I remember Waypoint on the 360 could launch the games if you had them.

They shouldnt split them, they should kill waypoint and make one good app that doesnt chug like crazy when you open it for the console it was built for.

l only used the Channel (waypoint) with the lead up to Halo 5. After that, never touched it since.

edit: is channel a different thing from waypoint? oops i guess i never used that then! hah

So i was talking to my friend about warzone, we came up with a few optiosnt hat could improve it:

- Have base vehicles spawn on map (a la BTB)
- Use cards to upgrade those vehicles to better versions of them
- More points on map

I feel like having base vehicles on there to use right off the bat would help immensely

blamite

I'm super glad Haven is back since it's probably one of my all-time favorite maps, but I wish they had stuck with a look closer to the original. I mean the new version is definitely beautiful, but with the water everyhere, the flames, and the moving parts at bottom mid... it just seems a little too busy? I guess we'll find out soon but that's the first impression I get. The clean, white look of Haven is just so much easier to look at to me, aside from the lack of color coding on each side.

Trup1aya

I'm super glad Haven is back since it's probably one of my all-time favorite maps, but I wish they had stuck with a look closer to the original. I mean the new version is definitely beautiful, but with the water everyhere, the flames, and the moving parts at bottom mid... it just seems a little too busy? I guess we'll find out soon but that's the first impression I get. The clean, white look of Haven is just so much easier to look at to me, aside from the lack of color coding on each side.

This could be another case of 343 over doing it with the artwork. But just looking at the b-roll, it seems like it wasn't at the expense of clean site lines.

It's simply beautiful and I can't wait to see how it plays...

Anyone have a copy of the gif of me throwin the no look three pointer? FOR A FRIEND

This one?

frank_exit.gif

BTW I was seriously asking I don't know if that was the GIF if I offended you I'm sorry Stinkles it was not my intention I was just trying to help

Guyzzzz I solved the riddle!!!

MCC will get an update with day and date Scorpio release! 4k texture pack, new UI and cross play with pc users via custom games!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom