• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Cranster

Banned
I always wanted to get a lootcrate but Mexico was not part of the shipping countries actually the Halo lootcrate only ships to the US thankfully FATstronaut is going to help me sending me the crates, when I saw the Halo Legendary edition I knew that I had to get them all, I'm a huge Halo fan and collector :)
It ships to Canada aswell.

Who is doing OT 5?

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Coming to a PC Near You

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Achilles Heel

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| BTB Pistol Starts

I got nothing else!

That's good of him, they do at least ship to some non US locations (I'm in the UK).

I'm a big fan, but a poor fan! I get the occasional lootcrate, my little boy nabbed that Halo 5 Ammo Tin that came in a regular loot crate last year and has designated it his "special box" where he keeps his precious things safe from his sisters. Id imagine ill end up loosing much of the Halocrates to him!

That ammo box is so cool thank you for sharing your story it's pretty sweet

It ships to Canada aswell.

Sweet but I'm from the other side of the border, I need to move haha

Man, Halo 3 is still so good. Part of me wants to see what Saber Interactive can do with it. Touch up the graphics a bit, give the weapons a bit more weight, re-orchestrate the music and wha-bam.

Got my shipped email too, now the long ass Aussie logistics wait commences.

Did you find the pricing to be misleading?
I selected Australia and the price was $50 inc post, Little Australian flag on the website to show the region.
Then I was hit with a much higher charge, over $70 so I went into the fine print to find its USD.
So I asked for a refund.

Kinda with I didn't after seeing the goodies though.

man im watching microsoft game studios play Halo MCC customs on twitch, what a damn shame they screwed up this game and theres no community playing

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Ranked Social

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| We're Not Out of This Yet,

[^must include dangling comma]

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Full Force of the Core

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| For The Company

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| You're Dead and I'll Live Forever

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| They Killed Jewel Mahatma

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Ballad of the Silver Tier Warrior

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Free WREQ Points Inside

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Has All The Answers

Halo 5 is damn fun when matched up right. I usually go 1.0-1.3 and have fun. Pretty much every game someone quits, should just make it 5 vs 5. Still dont think h5 is that great but im coming around.

I hate this game sometimes. I frequently ask myself why do I even bother? I try to play some ranked today, so I start with FFA. As expected, defensive play was extremely prevalent and when I started consistently matching against Onyx/Champion players you could really feel how radar degrades the gameplay (imo of course).

So then I eventually switch to play my first Slayer match of the season (I generally avoid ranked playlists these days because of how shit the experience can be) and what am I greeted with? Someone quits/disconnects as we're put against a team of 4.

But FUNKNOWN, how do you know it's a team of 4?

www.HaloTracker.com -- Go to your recent games, check the recent games from the players on the other team and you'll notice it's the same group from game to game.​

It just eats at you after a while..

//==========

Does Halo need as many ranked playlists? What would you do to change things in Halo 6? Because I can tell you a few things I've noticed in Halo games:
  • They're intimidating for players, especially new ones and those who casually play.
  • You need party matching, but Halo 5 doesn't have that so you're put up against teams as a solo player.
  • Halo is plagued by quitters and disconnects. Happens with every single game.. Halo 6 will have the same issue; it's inevitable.
  • It deters people from playing the game entirely if there are no parallel social playlists, like Social Slayer.
  • Extremely discouraging if you feel like you can't catch a break or you're dragging your team down, so it deters people from playing Halo altogether especially when taking everything else into consideration (ie: the above points).
  • Fucking. Radar.
I think it's time we get some changes to how online multiplayer is handled, whether that means having fewer ranked and incorporating an optimatch/toggle system and/or a custom games browser.

Some of my most miserable times in a video game stem from Halo, something I don't really feel with other games/shooters. Why is that? Is it me, or is it a combination of the inevitability that I laid out above + my perception on said issues? Is it solely on the game? Who really knows, but the way we've been experiencing this shit for so many years and how nothing changes is proof enough in my opinion that something mechanically has to change with how Halo handles online multiplayer.

I never quit games and then this happens, fuck you too Halo.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Fata1moose/video/20848944

Edit: My last DNF was July 25th, probably a disconnect. :lol

Now you can play Warzone.

Did you find the pricing to be misleading?
I selected Australia and the price was $50 inc post, Little Australian flag on the website to show the region.
Then I was hit with a much higher charge, over $70 so I went into the fine print to find its USD.
So I asked for a refund.

Kinda with I didn't after seeing the goodies though.

The flag and lack of currency change was shit mate. I noticed the USD but then again I'm always using USD with work so I'm used to shit being 30% more :(

I'm part of the problem aren't I?
Keeping it

Trup1aya

Man, my disappointment over the Titan Fall 2 test, has me feeling like Halo reach/4 all over again.

When will they learn? The dev chooses to chase a new crowd instead of doubling down on what made your game special in the first place. Then you lose your old crowd, and your new crowd treats you like a summertime fling.

It's so depressing.

wwm0nkey

Man, my disappointment over the Titan Fall 2 test, has me feeling like Halo reach/4 all over again.

When will they learn? The dev chooses to chase a new crowd instead of doubling down on what made your game special in the first place. Then you lose your old crowd, and your new crowd treats you like a summertime fling.

It's so depressing.

Well at least Battlefield 1 looks good and I am sure Respawn will learn from their missteps like 343 did.

BTM

It's so depressing.

Looks like I'll be playing halo 5 for quite some time yet. I loved TF1 but from what I've played of TF2 I'm extremely disappointed.

It's so depressing.
Which makes me appreciate what 343 did with Halo 5 even more.

Solo q and BTB pistol starts though.

lol Ok how about the ET buried games? haha

Nope. Now that would be me, lol. I'm even in the movie a few times.

GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER, JORGE!
GET IT ALL TOGETHER AND PUT IT IN A BACKPACK - ALL YOUR SHIT, SO IT'S TOGETHER! AND IF YOU GOTTA TAKE IT SOMEWHERE, JUST TAKE IT SOMEWHERE, YOU KNOW? TAKE IT TO THE SHIT STORE AND SELL IT OR PUT IT IN A SHIT MUSEUM. I DON'T CARE, YOU JUST GOTTA GET IT TOGETHER.

GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER!

Top Bottom